• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Dreadwolf Full Reveal is Next Week

Stafford

Well, rumors says it might be released this Fall, so if these are indeed correct I would assume either SGF or Xbox conference would be a place where they will show something and reveal a release date

Long story short, that elf from the graphic is a character who already appeared in one of the past games and will be a main villain. He's not an full representative of how DA elves looks like, but I wouldn't call them pretty either

This year would be such a surprise, I mean....Avowed and that? That being said, i remain extremely cautiously optimistic for Dreadwolf. Inquisition while not a bad game it did disappoint me overall and after that it was just......not great.

This stuff about the writer has me a bit wary too. Just make a interesting story and as long as stuff is kept optional it's whatever to me.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
fuck off dragon age GIF

I just want more Morrigan.

Madflavor

I hope Dreadwolf is absolutely filled to the brim and spilling over the top, with LGBTQ+ representation. I want a rainbow colored nightmare, and to be running into gay couples at every corner. Spotting a Dragon should be an Elite Rare, but spotting a straight person should be a Super Elite Rare.

If the game is anything less than this, I'll be disappointed. I need a good laugh.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean at least they named it conveniently.

Here's pretty much half the reviews day 1 (from actual reviewers, not activists with a gaming blog)

"Dragon Age: Dreadful"

I bet they have a CGI trailer and then 3 seconds after it finishes "Dreadwolf is a 5v5 PvP First Person Shooter"

Last edited:

FeralEcho

It's 2024,expecting full woke garbage with the same colourful fortnite characters you see in every shit game nowadays and women that make The Fly look like a beauty pageant winner.

Modern gaming bears no excitement for me anymore, it's been replaced by the anxiety of seeing which new franchise they manage to fuck up completely for the sake of "the message".

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

When is the Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Reveal?​

According to insider reports, which we’re working to corroborate, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf will receive a full reveal this week, likely during Summer Game Fest. Whether it happens during the Summer Game Fest Showcase, Xbox Games Showcase, or elsewhere, however, remains to be seen.

Dazraell

Gold Member
This article you linked has one more interesting quote
We don’t yet have a full unveiling, so there’s no official Dragon Age: Dreadwolf release date. However, Insider Gaming received reports regarding a launch by March 2025. We’ve previously heard the RPG will launch sometime this year, but an early 2025 release date seems more likely and appealing for EA to focus on.

Stafford

Also...

"Summer" and "elsewhere." Well, that could be Gamescom too then. 🤡

Wish EA just held their own stream, be fucking clear about time and date and done.

Well, it used to be said that Dragon Age was a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate so I figured they would follow D&D rules where Elves get +2 to charisma. Granted, it doesn't mean you can't have ugly elves, just that it's less likely. I played them but hardly remember the way elves looked.
Elves are/were slaves in Dragon Age. They are not like the elves in lotr.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Also...

"Summer" and "elsewhere." Well, that could be Gamescom too then. 🤡

Wish EA just held their own stream, be fucking clear about time and date and done.
This is pure speculation on my part but I always assumed they may air a trailer this June and show a proper gameplay around the time of Gamescom. But to be fair, everything I've read about it so far from leaks, rumors and all of the game director stuff gave me way too many red flags. I will definitely watch what they will show and read the reviews before making my mind on it though

Stafford

This is pure speculation on my part but I always assumed they may air a trailer this June and show a proper gameplay around the time of Gamescom. But to be fair, everything I've read about it so far from leaks, rumors and all of the game director stuff gave me way too many red flags. I will definitely watch what they will show and read the reviews before making my mind on it though

Oh boy, there's more bad news? I haven't been following any of the leaks at all. So the writer isn't the only worrying part?

Dazraell

Gold Member
Oh boy, there's more bad news? I haven't been following any of the leaks at all. So the writer isn't the only worrying part?
These creepy messages shown on the other page are made by someone who is Dreadwolf's game director so this individual makes all of the key decisions about this game

As for other stuff, there were some rumors that game was initially developed as multiplayer live-service type of game and got reworked back to singleplayer experience, some of the foundations from that past version apparently will remain in the game's design. Leaked snippets of gameplay in the past were also showing combat and it was very action-heavy, fast-paced and in real time instead of tactical, giving Final Fantasy XVI vibes

Stafford

These creepy messages shown on the other page are made by someone who is Dreadwolf's game director so this individual makes all of the key decisions about this game

As for other stuff, there were some rumors that game was initially developed as multiplayer live-service type of game and got reworked back to singleplayer experience, some of the foundations from that past version apparently will remain in the game's design. Leaked snippets of gameplay in the past were also showing combat and it was very action-heavy, fast-paced and in real time instead of tactical, giving Final Fantasy XVI vibes

Jesus christ. Why does EA let things get this far? This sounds like a disaster with a person like that in such a high position, fucking hell. I guess EA just wants it to fail, ffs.

As for combat. Personally I am not about tactical or turn based combat at all, so if it's like FF16 I actually would prefer that. I might be in the minority here.

He said no big new reveals, this game was announced in 2019 or so.

Still it's odd of him to say. After all didn't Take Two tease a new entry in a beloved franchise for during SGF? My guess it's either Borderlands 3 or Mafia 4. I'd consider both pretty big reveals.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Jesus christ. Why does EA let things get this far? This sounds like a disaster with a person like that in such a high position, fucking hell. I guess EA just wants it to fail, ffs.

As for combat. Personally I am not about tactical or turn based combat at all, so if it's like FF16 I actually would prefer that. I might be in the minority here.
Yeah, that's why I'm baffled. I couldn't care less about what they're doing in their free time, but with having a leading role they shouldn't post shit like this online as whatever they like it or not, they will be on a spotlight. It's very likely a lot of conversation about this game will be focused around that individual and seeing the crap they post, this may give BioWare and EA tons of negative press

I actually liked Final Fantasy XVI (although I admittedly enjoyed Rebirth more), but I did loved Origins real-time with pause combat and party management, so I'm torned here personally. I'm waiting for gameplays to see how it looks before making my mind. The main thing I hope is that majority of the game won't be about exploring empty zones like in Inquisition

Still it's odd of him to say. After all didn't Take Two tease a new entry in a beloved franchise for during SGF? My guess it's either Borderlands 3 or Mafia 4. I'd consider both pretty big reveals.
According to rumors it's a new Mafia game

Stafford

Yeah, that's why I'm baffled. I couldn't care less about what they're doing in their free time, but with having a leading role they shouldn't post shit like this online as whatever they like it or not, they will be on a spotlight. It's very likely a lot of conversation about this game will be focused around that individual and seeing the crap they post, this may give BioWare and EA tons of negative press

I actually liked Final Fantasy XVI (although I admittedly enjoyed Rebirth more), but I did loved Origins real-time with pause combat and party management, so I'm torned here personally. I'm waiting for gameplays to see how it looks before making my mind. The main thing I hope is that majority of the game won't be about exploring empty zones like in Inquisition

According to rumors it's a new Mafia game

I'm here for it, as long as it won't be so repetitive as 3, because that really ruined the game for me.

Hudo

They probably recognized that they're setting themselves up with "Dreadwolf" being fairly close to "Dreadful".

They'll probably call it Dragon Age: It Seemed Like A Good Idea When It All Started But Let's Wrap This Shit Up

Top Bottom