• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

1upsuper

Very excited. It'll be really nice to play DQ in English again after having to play the last several years' worth in Japanese.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
We have a Dragon Quest Heroes event in our country this coming Saturday.

Only thing is, the mall is around 2 hours away by car. :(

candy-cat.jpg
The wait for this to come to the west has been insane. Glad it's nearly here.

Thanks for making the thread.
I somewhat enjoyed the game, but I'm not sure that the DQ trappings were enough to really get me fully into this style of game. I'm gonna be trying it again in English, because I need to hear correct sounding Yangus and Jessica.

Sadly, I'm fairly certain it's not Emma Ferguson voicing Jessica in the game. SE did a display of Jessica, Yangus and another character and it didn't sound like her at all.

It made me sad.

Cleve

I'd like to pick this up, but I have a hard time with how often they ex or sub sequel upgrade musou games. I always feel a little burned 6 months later.

I'd like to pick this up, but I have a hard time with how often they ex or sub sequel upgrade musou games. I always feel a little burned 6 months later.

There won't be any new edition of this game, but there has been a sequel announced for Japan already. Whether or not the sequel gets localized likely depends on this game's sales.

Does this game automatically pick up items for you at the end of the battle like other Musou games?

Aeana

Sadly, I'm fairly certain it's not Emma Ferguson voicing Jessica in the game. SE did a display of Jessica, Yangus and another character and it didn't sound like her at all.

It made me sad.
That's weird, since they said it was her before.

Either way, their Japanese voices are super wrong.

Skulldead

All the DLC are already in the game disc, great end-game/challenging content i've heard...

Skelter

Banned
Played this at NYCC. The game looks gorgeous and I'm generally not a fan of this kind of game but damn am I weak when it comes to DQ.

Bogeypop

Noticed Newegg has an offer for a $15 Gift Card for purchasing the game if anyone hadn't already pre-ordered it. Didn't notice this offer until yesterday, so hopefully I'm still eligible for it despite pre-ordering before the promotion was available.

Mix

Goddamnit I'm too hyped for this game. I only wish that I had my ps4 already, maybe then I would've justified buying an LE of this one.

Cleve

There won't be any new edition of this game, but there has been a sequel announced for Japan already. Whether or not the sequel gets localized likely depends on this game's sales.

All the DLC are already in the game disc, great end-game/challenging content i've heard...

Thanks guys, that makes it easier to consider.

Played this at NYCC. The game looks gorgeous and I'm generally not a fan of this kind of game but damn am I weak when it comes to DQ.

Did you get one of the metal slimes for beating the boss? I really wanted one but the line was way too long when I stopped by the booth.

nikos

Nice OT! Preloaded and ready to play, only 2.5 hours to go!

I'm pretty sure this will be my first extensive DQ and Musou experience.

hamchan

i got burned out last year with dw8ce, sw4 and orochi 3 ultimate

probably doesn't help that keeps koei pumping out at least 3-4 a year haha

They really put out a lot. I'm still playing Pirate Warriors 2, SW4 and Hyrule Warriors. I think DQ Heroes will be the only new one I buy this year.

Skelter

Banned
Did you get one of the metal slimes for beating the boss? I really wanted one but the line was way too long when I stopped by the booth.

Holy shit! I would've finished the demo had I known you could get a metal slime...

I left it because well, Dark Souls III was calling to me.

EricB

I already bought the Korean version (first Korean language DQ ever?) for the steelbook, but I couldn't resist the English version after putting about 10 hours into the game. There is enough depth that my rudimentary Korean ability (and/or wife translating) was not enough to satisfy me knowing that I could be playing in English. I really enjoyed what I played so far, so I'm looking forward to starting over properly.

Nice OT!

I'll be picking this up tomorrow on my lunch break. Been seeing a lot of positive feedback in the review thread :)

Cant wait to dive in!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just got notice that my Amazon Prime order is being delayed a week. I'm in agony, but at least it may mean it's selling well and there's some kind of supply constraint.

I'm trying to find a bright side.

GeoramA

Noticed Newegg has an offer for a $15 Gift Card for purchasing the game if anyone hadn't already pre-ordered it. Didn't notice this offer until yesterday, so hopefully I'm still eligible for it despite pre-ordering before the promotion was available.
Remember when Amazon offered gift cards? Bunch of cheapskates they turned into. Only pre-ordered from there because I had some credit left.

Anyway, they shipped my copy so no going back now! I'm super excited, nothing quite like a DQ game.

Kyolux

Just got notice that my Amazon Prime order is being delayed a week. I'm in agony, but at least it may mean it's selling well and there's some kind of supply constraint.

I'm trying to find a bright side.

Same here, it's shipping friday or something.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is up with the preload on the PS Store? I bought the PS4 version, and there is no option to preliad, just a countdown that says I can play in 2 hours. How do I start preloading?

DeVeAn

How do I start the pre load? I have it purchased and can't seem to find a way to start the download.

Shikoba

What is up with the preload on the PS Store? I bought the PS4 version, and there is no option to preliad, just a countdown that says I can play in 2 hours. How do I start preloading?

For anyone trying to preload, this is how I was able to get it to work a couple hours ago:

1. Go to here:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/

2. Log in

3. Hover over your account name at the top right and in the drop down menu click on Download List.

4. You will find Dragon Quest Heroes in there on the top, click "Download to PS4"

You should be all set then. I had the same issue with only the theme downloading.

Played about an hour of the game before I left to the gym . plays like a musou but like the story part of the game more so far. They blocked sharr feature until the game launch and I didn't have my capture device plugged in.

DeVeAn

For anyone trying to preload, this is how I was able to get it to work a couple hours ago:

1. Go to here:

2. Log in

3. Hover over your account name at the top right and in the drop down menu click on Download List.

4. You will find Dragon Quest Heroes in there on the top, click "Download to PS4"

You should be all set then. I had the same issue with only the theme downloading.

Thanks! that did the trick. Want it ready so I can play in 2 hours! I hope we get the Hero from DQ8 as DLC. He was my favorite!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

1. Go to here:

2. Log in

I just did that and I get a "Download Error" message. The preload isn't showing up on the console store either, just the static theme.

How do I start the pre load? I have it purchased and can't seem to find a way to start the download.

It was acting odd when I bought it earlier too. After restarting my ps4 the download link showed up in my library. You could also try using the web store to start the download remotely.

Gamefly shows low availability already. Did it ship out for people today?

if so they didn't ship me one. Which would be the first new release that hasn't shipped for me in quite awhile.

Astarte

Got her preloaded and ready to go. Really want to show Square there is demand for this series in the west! Gotta lock down DQHeroes 2 and DQ11 for a US/Euro release.

Huge fan of DQ8, been contemplating some of the other games. I hear that DQV is a must play, should I get it on android ($15) or pick up a DS (used $50ish) and find the game used somewhere?

Edit: Great OT BTW

I've only played 2 of the Dragon Quest games so far, V and VIII. V is quickly becoming one of my most favorite rpgs of all time. I adore DS remakes of rpgs, squeenix usually does a fantastic job.
I'm excited for a lackluster soundtrack :<

~1 hour 20 minutes till PSN unlock, yay!

this is a really random game for me to preorder but something about the way it looked and sounded seem up my alley atm.

7 more minutes.

Should I go digital or trust that Best Buy will have a copy?

My Best Buy isn't going to have a copy, will it?

Oh man.

This is nerve racking.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Gonna try and hit up my 24/hr Walmart to see if they'll pull a copy for me from the back.

Pls based god.

Top Bottom