• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Very nice OT, I added myself to the player list as well.

Does anyone who imported know if online co-op will have level restrictions of any kind? Or can everyone play with each other as soon as you unlock online co-op?

antitrop

I had no idea this game existed until today.

A Vanillaware side scrolling beat em up RPG? If it's anything like Muramasa (and it does look that way) yes fucking please.

Aw man, you missed some hilarious controversy. Mostly about the size of the Sorceress' breasts.

Tain

Looking forward to getting the US release!

I am definitely not one of the everyone.gif in the OP tho

Caerith

Thanks for the compliments, everyone ^^ (I wonder, has anyone picked a card?)

Good OT. Won't add myself to the player list, but PS3 version for me I think.

Also, character touching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex133LSR6xE
Nice easter egg.

Great OP, terrible title. Should have been:

Dragon's Crown |OT| For Life and Hometown.
Boobs |OT| Dragon's Crown was my second choice.

Seriously though, there's going to be plenty of discussion of life, hometown, and everything in-between even without the OT calling it out. I mean, I think the review embargo is up tomorrow.

Skilletor

This is not cross buy???? =(

The only crossbuy titles are indie and first party stuff.

What has been released to make people assume 3rd parties are going to jump on board with crossbuy? lol

Not pointed at you, specifically, it's just a pretty common expectation that I think has no basis in reality.

Kyoufu

JP Vita ver have Eng menus as well as audio?

Nope.

Random GIF but I thought this was neat. When you first exit the Inn the VanillaWare name comes up. For some reason I like it. :3

irkro2byvxOmz.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Vgp despatched my copy! I can't wait!

A little question when you die what happens? There's a continue? Load from a save? Restart from a checkpoint?

#teamamazon
#teamvita

OT is so damn clean.
I was kinda bummed by a couple loot comments in the other thread, but I'm not gonna let it deter me.

We in there next week.

Vgp despatched my copy! I can't wait!

A little question when you die what happens? There's a continue? Load from a save? Restart from a checkpoint?

#teamamazon
#teamvita

I wonder if you'll get the game this week? Considering pre-ordering from VGP as well, but I'm located in Seattle, WA.

Nice OT. Liked the transitions between topics.

Does anyone who imported know if online co-op will have level restrictions of any kind? Or can everyone play with each other as soon as you unlock online co-op?

Didn't import, but I'd imagine the level restrictions (35 Normal, 65 Hard, 99 Infernal) will force a level-down if a high-level player joins a low-level player.

What I want to know is the reverse case; If a low-level can join a high-level? Can a Lv. 17 player join a Lv. 99 player on Infernal at any time or must the Lv. 17 player somehow have made it to Infernal first? If they can join without having unlocked that difficulty, do they get a temporary level-up? Loot restrictions?

Caerith

Is it true online multiplayer has to be unlocked? Seems kind of dumb. Still a day 1 purchase.
Yes and no (and yes and yes). Couch co-op on PS3 is unlocked from the start, but online play and local Vita play is locked until you beat the first 9 stages (anywhere from 2.5 to 5 hours).

I'm not saying it's not dumb, but one advantage is that by the time you can play online you'll at least know what you're doing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking forward to this. Getting the Vita version since it's slightly cheaper, I can take it on the go, and the other people that I know who are getting this are getting it on Vita over PS3.

Just a shame that there wasn't cross-play so PS3 could play online with Vita & vice versa. Personally think that's a bigger loss over cross-buy.

OSHAN

Yes and no (and yes and yes). Couch co-op on PS3 is unlocked from the start, but online play and local Vita play is locked until you beat the first 9 stages (anywhere from 2.5 to 5 hours).

Took me 7 hours, but I did all the quests available to me.

nitrofeen

Banned

Dragon's Crown is suitable for 1-4 players of 13th level and above.

I pasted that from the basic information posted on the top of page one. I assume it means the only restrictions are you have to be level 13 to unlock online co-op.

Also this game is great cant wait to see the art book. I am going with the ps3 version b/c I am worried about losing my character on screen but I wil;l get the vita version down road since it does offer cross save

Quixzlizx

COUNTING DOWN THE HOURS. Great OP.

Although, I'm disappointed that the narrator voices are English only. I wanted a Japanese Elf narrator.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wonder if you'll get the game this week? Considering pre-ordering from VGP as well, but I'm located in Seattle, WA.
Well i'm in Italy lol.
This is my first time with vgp so i don't know how much i have to wait, but someone said to me less than 2 weeks.

luca1980

Banned
splendid ot! it just needs the "select level screen" as wallpaper for desktop for perfection imho!!!

sigh for pal autumn release...

OSHAN

I pasted that from the basic information posted on the top of page one. I assume it means the only restrictions are you have to be level 13 to unlock online co-op.

Can't unlock online co-op until you unlock the stables, which is after you clear the first nine stages. I was level 17 when this happened.

Top Bottom