• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
is it scratch and sniff. looks nice.
JrWL0Cv.png

augmental

I have read quite a bit about the differences between the PS3 and Vita versions but I didn't see anything about framerate issues on Vita. Where did that come up?

Animekatt

Great job on the OT. The art is just too beautiful for words, typical of Vanillaware games. I'm buying this day one, but as Xillia is coming out on that day as well, I will have to play this one a little later on.

satori

Wait there is no cross play? Awwww was looking to play with my friends who getting it on the ps3. Looks like I'm double dipping.

Caerith

Dragon's Crown is suitable for 1-4 players of 13th level and above.

I pasted that from the basic information posted on the top of page one. I assume it means the only restrictions are you have to be level 13 to unlock online co-op.

Also this game is great cant wait to see the art book. I am going with the ps3 version b/c I am worried about losing my character on screen but I wil;l get the vita version down road since it does offer cross save
"13th level and above" refers to real-life levels. It's a subtle way of saying:

ratingsymbol_t.gif

Online co-op is explained under Jolly Cooperation, it unlocks after progressing to a certain point in the story (you'll be about level 17).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'd have to say I prefer Muramasa's more fluid combat and location variety, but Dragon's Crown is a much more polished and streamlined experience. But really, it's apples and oranges.

Uh-oh, if Muramasa has more location variety, then does this game have just one background or something? :p

Tizoc

#TeamAmazon
#TeamPS3

Subtitle should've been more...double entrde, but otherwise if they're offering a deal for both PS3+Vita on PSN I'll def. grab it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Great OP for a hopefully equally great game!

Also, I just stumbled onto this thread after getting my shipping confirmation for the Vita-version. Import, will probably have to wait a week or two :D But looking forward to impressions in this thread!

And... the art is gorgeous. Even if I'll only play it with one or two characters (I think I haven't played any Vanillagame 100%) I will enjoy the artworks and craftmanship.

Corto

Gorgeous OP for a gorgeous game. It almost makes me reconsider my decision to wait for EU release and keep my VGPlus pre-order... Hmmmmmmm

Salaadin

Lookie what I got:

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2400/sexd.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img543/7560/8jcc.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img703/2981/bi5g.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img547/4703/r8ky.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img580/2189/4v0c.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Is this the one that comes with the US version?
Looks decent for a free artbook.

baconcow

Have the game pre-ordered. Cannot wait to read some reviews, tomorrow (or shortly afterwards).

Just an unrelated NeoGAF question. Why do some OT's show up in the Gaming forums, others in the Community? What determines where OT's belong?

Corto

Have the game pre-ordered. Cannot wait to read some reviews, tomorrow (or shortly afterwards).

Just an unrelated NeoGAF question. Why do some OT's show up in the Gaming forums, others in the Community? What determines where OT's belong?

Time. OTs keep in the gaming forum for a predetermined duration and then are migrated to community.

Found the FAQ that explains that:

Evilore said:
Bear in mind, as of recently we are moving game |OT|s to the Community Forum one month post-release so that the Gaming Forum isn't clogged up and can focus on more relevant content.

Was gonna wait until EU release but balls to it, just pre-ordered from VGP.

Depends how old the OT is. They all eventually get moved to Community after a while.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Damn you Canada. Getting Fire Emblem and SMT IV early wasn't good enough for you?!

;_;

Qondar

Neo Member
(I wonder, has anyone picked a card?)

Ah, nicely done! (Er, no...I hadn't. I guess the Runes will be a challenge for me.)

(From a precursor to the OT):

I know I'm not alone when I say I've been excited for Dragon's Crown since the first time I saw it in action. It isn't about the breasts or butts or elf waifus. I grew up when arcades were more than just the name of a companion in New Vegas, when you'd pour in quarter after quarter playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, or even The Simpsons. There's more to that genre than Mystara, and there have been far too few games like it since the nineties ended. Dragon's Crown is a renaissance of this beloved genre, combined with two others things I love: Vanillaware's beautiful artwork and Hitoshi Sakimoto's moving music.

Wonderfully said...I grew up with those games, too. The first one I encountered was Final Fight. Back then there were no gaming websites, and when I walked up to the machine, I had never seen or heard anything about it before. Right from that "Sometime in the 1990s...", I was blown away. My friends and I didn't go to the arcade on Saturday night, when it was noisy and crowded; we went on Sunday morning, when we could have the whole place to ourselves, and focus on the games. And this is the kind that we played.

I'm sure there will be more than enough people posting breasts, butts, and kotaku links, but that will say more about them than it will about the game.

Well...speaking for myself...it's not only about the breasts or butts. Nevertheless (and, apologies if I'm misreading you here), I don't think any and all discussion of them is a disservice to the game. The sexy designs are certainly a part of the work.

I think it's evident that Kamitani and his team aren't cynically exploiting sexuality to try to sell games or whatever else; they're simply drawing what they genuinely love to draw. And, very unabashedly. To me, this itself is an unfolding, a development, a progression from the games of 20 years ago, alongside the innovations in technology, gameplay design, etc. The old games had at least hints of sexiness, and I had the impression that the artists were going as far as they were allowed to, but probably not as far as they might have chosen. To see these same artists now attaining full creative control is, to me, very inspiring. I would hope that anyone who values a wide range of artistic expression - in games, and in general - can appreciate that, even if these designs aren't their cup of tea.

Anyway, lovely OT. There's still time to put myself in cryogenic stasis until the 6th...

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of a bummer that you have to play 3-7 hours solo to be able to play online coop. Pretty much the only reason (besides the art) I want to play this game is to play it coop with a friend.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've got the Vita version preordered for myself and for my partner. I'm pretty disappointed there's no way to move both our saves over to the PS3 so we could play on the TV together, too. Boo.

Nice OT.

I'm getting this game for Vita and planning on using the Wizard as my first character since he looks the coolest next to the Fighter. I was going to get this for the PS3 but I'm getting Tales of Xillia for the PS3 and it'll be pretty pre-occupied with that.

Also I've been craving a new game to play on my Vita. Can't wait to play it, day 1 for me.

Until a few days ago, I knew nothing about this game other than the Kotaku/Sexism controversy (which ruined Kotaku for me honestly).

Now that I know it's an old-school brawler on the PS3, I am all.over.it.! Can't wait.

RuGalz

Does anyone know if the preorder bonus is only Amazon or something? I preordered this thing since last year on Newegg and I don't see the bonus on the listing.

Top Bottom