• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons dogma 2: which platform will you be playing on?

Which platform?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • PS5

Votes: 131 35.7%
  • PC

Votes: 204 55.6%

• Total voters
We’re right around the corner from launch. And it looks like there are three options to purchase the game on. Which one are you going to be playing on? series X on console with the better VRR? PlayStation 5 on console with probably the better frame pacing? Or PC master race to dominate the all?

Schmendrick

Still hoping for a demo. The material I´ve seen so far just doesn`t speak to me that much, but the fan-hype at least makes me curious.
If I jump in: PC. Not bothering with 30 fps.

Senua

fat-guy.gif

Crayon

This is my wife's buy and she'll 100% get it on ps5. My pc is a little weaker but I'd probably get it there so I can get at least a capped 30. :/ I play on tv with controller so 30 is fine if that's the only option.

We'll see how the performance actually looks on the ps5. I'm fairly sensitive to it. If it sucks I might wait till I upgrade gpu and can get it on sale.

ssringo

PC always provided its a choice.

I'm sitting a little above the recommended specs for 4k(i)/30 so I'm hoping I'll be good for 1440/60 but have no problem turning some stuff down if needed.

TheShocker

Most of my Multiplatform games are on XSX. Unless there is a glaring performance gap in favor of PS5. I feel like Xbox will handle this game better in particular due to the weird fps and cap news.

As it stands right now it looks like the PC.. But I'm waiting to see how the game is shaping in terms of PC port. Quite worried about performance even on a high end rig... Time to grab my 5800X3D to save the day.. as per usual....

At this point I should just upgrade to the 7800X3D as that 3D Cache comes in clutching at every single freaking release.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Probably PC, unless it performs much better on PS5 than what's been told so far.

Then again the PC version could be horrible and unoptimized as well.

Last edited:

Pejo

Unless Capcom does something stupid to prevent mods, PC version is gonna be far superior. It's RE Engine so I expect it to be Japanese Skyrim as far as mod support goes.

TrebleShot

PC
I barely play on my PS5 these days.

Too many awesome options on PC, will def pick up for PS5 pro later down the line though.

Great thing is this will
Have Dualsense support.

I'll double-dip once I have a better PC. For now, ps5 will have to do.

30fps isn't an issue if the game absolutely slaps anyway (e.g., DD: Dark Arisen, Bloodborne, Witcher 3 on ps4).

Skifi28

No idea yet. I'd like to say PC, but I don't share the optimism of some of the above posters. When a game performs badly on modern consoles it's usually an indication of a just as bad if not worse PC port. My PC is decent, but I have nowhere near the CPU power to overcome a terrible port. We'll see I guess.

Last edited:
PC, just don’t have one at the moment. Nice gimp Capcom, focusing on graphics over gameplay.

It also seems like an online squad game, and the first one didn’t seem great but I couldn’t really tell at 30fps.

Svejk

hwmbe.jpg

I want to actually enjoy my experience and not hassle with laptop setup. Platinumed the first one on PS3 and it was glorious AF.
Plus I have friends and family pawns to share on PS. It's a win, win, win for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Id like to say PC but not sure if il get 60fps even at 1080p with a 3060 ti and ryzen 3600x, if not il bang out the series x version.

Lokaum D+

Id like to say PC but not sure if il get 60fps even at 1080p with a 3060 ti and ryzen 3600x, if not il bang out the series x version.
There is no way this game is sooooo unopitimized that u setup cant rumln this at 1080p@60... Right ?

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
There is no way this game is sooooo unopitimized that u setup cant rumln this at 1080p@60... Right ?
We will see, I dont have much faith with optimization lately. I could do with at least a processor upgrade but due to lack of time and having xbox and ps5 im just waiting a few yrs till next gen and build a new setup and leave the consoles.

Top Bottom