• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons dogma 2: which platform will you be playing on?

Which platform?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • PS5

Votes: 131 35.7%
  • PC

Votes: 204 55.6%

• Total voters

Skifi28

There is no way this game is sooooo unopitimized that u setup cant rumln this at 1080p@60... Right ?
That setup is not that much better than the console version. Certainly not good enough to double the framerate.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
PS5.

having the first one on PS, it makes sense to get it on PS5. Hopefully it has some nice DS support.

Lokaum D+

That setup is not that much better than the console version. Certainly not good enough to double the framerate.
difference is that consoles are running at 4k an that is just 4x the pixel count of a 1080p res, so its possible to run at 1080p@60fps on that setup

Skifi28

difference is that consoles are running at 4k an that is just 4x the pixel count of a 1080p res, so its possible to run at 1080p@60fps on that setup
Do we really know the actual resolution though? I sincerely doubt it's anywhere near actual 4k. In most footage I've seen so far I've noticed some extremely distracting artifacts-ghosting so reconstruction is very likely. I also remember Rurikhan on youtube said the demo they played a couple of days ago being 1080p.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
PC, but I'm going to wait for a month or two after launch to make sure whatever DRM they're using doesn't interfere with modding or cause performance issues.

IAmRei

Tried character creator on ps5 today, surprised how far this game is improved from the first in char creation... but well, its already a decade already

stn

XSX, since that's what I play the original on (I also have the X360 version digitally, which I kept because of the Berserk costumes, lol).

Elginer

Series X for that sweet VRR which wi save the day until Capcom gets its shit together and patches the game.

Mister Wolf

Is this like the ‘doomed wish thread’? Where I grant your wish of over 30fps but it’s at 31fps granting you absolutely fucked framepacing and not working within the PS5 VRR window 🤪

giphy.gif

tmlDan

I would play on PC but i hate adventure games on PC, so PS5.

Also my PC is waiting for repair parts so im not sure if that will be done in time.

Im okay with 30 fps, maybe ill purchase it on PC again in the future if it bugs me a ton

Dorfdad

Gold Member
im going too wait till the second patch comes out! This way I'll see reviews and first hand impressions and not just the first week HYPE for games that actually are let downs.

DavidGzz

PC. If VRR makes the Series X version smooth, I'll double dip for convenience of being able to play it on the go and to have a second save game with a new character.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Also, after the first playthrough, I will be modding it. I may even get a no encumbrance mod in the first playthrough. That shit is just annoying. One reason why Demon's Souls was annoying compared to Dark Souls. The higher jumping, no encumbrance, no stamina use when sprinting out of combat, etc, make DD1 on PC really nice.

Mr Moose

I'll wait and see what plays it better, my average ass PC or my PS5. Though PS5 will have the correct UI, fuck PC games and their A when it's B and B when it's A on my 8BitDo :messenger_weary:

KiteGr

• This game is meant to be played online, that means:
    • PC cause I won't be paying PSplus for long, especially after the price increase.
    • PC cause there is little point getting physical online and dlc/patch-heavy games, and Steam has a much better store for digital.
  • In addition I expect this game to have a modding community. DD:DA had one despite being notoriously hard to mod, so there is a will to create our personal sex dungeons.
  • Uncapped 60 frames on PC is a bonus.

TheKratos

Torn between PC and PS5. I want to play it on my PC because of my LG C2 but I also want to be comfy on my couch and use the 75''. Maybe both like a good consumer
This first world problem needs first world solution, by an extra ps5 or PC and hook it on whatever the fuck it's not hooked on yet.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I understand ps5 version will be 30fps or so.
But dualsense, 3d audio and probably 100 less crashes.
Although capcom ports are good on pc so I guess either is fine
ps5 for me. I want that disc too

Mahavastu

IF I do get this (and this is a big IF), then I would play it on PS5
But for that they need to get the performance in order...

isual

I'm getting it on xbox4 because I played the OG on xbox360 (even though I have the PC version of arisen).

Top Bottom