• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons dogma 2: which platform will you be playing on?

Which platform?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • PS5

Votes: 131 35.7%
  • PC

Votes: 204 55.6%

• Total voters

TexMex

Pretty ps5 die hard but I’ve got a 4070 super recently and everything that comes out has me less and less convinced of ps5 performance. A rare PC first for me.

Tough choice. As someone who loved the first game (own it on ps3, ps4 and switch).. And own gaming pc, ps5 and xbx, I don't know.

Have $40 on my Xbox wallet I was waiting for bg3 to go on sale (I own it on pc already) so I couof use that, but I only have one friend on Xbox as the series x is 2 months old and I never owned. Since this is based off using others pawns I would probably say ps5 as that is where I have the most friends.

As for performance, I'm sure it will be fine on either. Although it better have a performance mode, I am on 1080p anyway.

whyman

Torn between PC and PS5. I want to play it on my PC because of my LG C2 but I also want to be comfy on my couch and use the 75''. Maybe both like a good consumer
GeForce Now Ultimate + NVIDIA Shield TV Pro = 👌*

*If the publisher allows the game on GFN that is…

amigastar

Didn't you play the first one? 8 from the "media" for that game is just a showcase on how clueless they are.
No, i did not unfortunately :messenger_downcast_sweat:
But i will play Dragons Dogma 2 thats for sure if it's really that good probably like you say.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
PC, plugged to a 65" TV, while me sitting on a recliner. Comfy adventures await.

Watch this

He exaggerates the title but there's good explanations for the lukewarm reception for its time of release. It even was criticized for being too hardcore. It became later a cult classic.

That was enjoyable to watch, thanks!

Fabieter

This shows that there is shift in platforms in gaf. People always said gaf is sonyland and we have a Japanese game having such a poll shows that more and more people switch to pc which alot of people said would never happen.

Fbh

Only have a Ps5 so not much of a choice.
Won't be buying it at launch though. Maybe I'll just wait and get it in a few years on hardware that can run it at 60fps (hopefully when I can afford the switch to PC).
Though I guess if the reception is really good I might bite and get the subpar console version when it's $30 or under.

Last edited:

CLW

I’m torn (big screen oled or 27” monitor) have a ps5 and a recently built PC (7900xtx 7800x3d)

Think I’ll wait for the performance reviews before making the decision

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Just got a new PC with a 4090 and a new Alienware 34in curved OLED monitor. I'm not buying any game on console going forward unless its an exclusive.
Same, just got a 4090 on a sale and a new 65" OLED beside it, exclusives are keeping the PS5 in the mix, not sure what my XBX's excuse is 😅😅😂😂 it's mean, but yeah...if you have a good PC in the lounge there's 100% no reason for it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Same, just got a 4090 on a sale and a new 65" OLED beside it, exclusives are keeping the PS5 in the mix, not sure what my XBX's excuse is 😅😅😂😂 it's mean, but yeah...if you have a good PC in the lounge there's 100% no reason for it.
Should get 4080, sell xbx and get a ps5 to get along that 4080 and at least play bloodborne lol.
Like, 4090 makes no sense. 4080+ps5 is a better deal

Portugeezer

I'll be playing the PS5 version with screen tearing and judder.

Sarcastic Not Funny GIF by Fergie

Interfectum

This shows that there is shift in platforms in gaf. People always said gaf is sonyland and we have a Japanese game having such a poll shows that more and more people switch to pc which alot of people said would never happen.
GAF is PC land now. Most of us old guard have enough money to get the best, so we do.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He already has a PS5
ah ok, didn't read the history.
Good then.
Maybe I will refresh my pc for rtx 50xx series but I kinda fell off from pc gaming. I mean, I am on-topic with hardware releases and so on. I still play on it... I just stopped feeling the urge to play on it for performance reasons.
But when i do, it's fine.

Senua

ah ok, didn't read the history.
Good then.
Maybe I will refresh my pc for rtx 50xx series but I kinda fell off from pc gaming. I mean, I am on-topic with hardware releases and so on. I still play on it... I just stopped feeling the urge to play on it for performance reasons.
But when i do, it's fine.
I have a similar PC to you I think? RTX 3080, 5800x3d and I find the performance great at "4k" if you are smart with settings, and use DLSS aka the savior of all man-mind.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
How gratuitous of you the all judging one.
Like what statement even is this lol.
Dude you are one of the worst on this, especially when it's related to PC. And nothing wrong with his statement, he is saying if it gets stellar reviews he will buy it. What's the problem?

Pc plugged in next to my ps5 in which I will not be crashing the game.
:p just being snarky
Yeah, what I'm saying.

Anyway, playing this on PC of course, 30 FPS is not for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Want to get this on PC, but not sure if my PC is really up to the task. I guess in any event it'd probably play better than the console version.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dude you are one of the worst on this, especially when it's related to PC. And nothing wrong with his statement, he is saying if it gets stellar reviews he will buy it. What's the problem?

Yeah, what I'm saying.

Anyway, playing this on PC of course, 30 FPS is not for me.
no problem.

I have a similar PC to you I think? RTX 3080, 5800x3d and I find the performance great at "4k" if you are smart with settings, and use DLSS aka the savior of all man-mind.
yes it's usually good. I have 3700x. I could get 5800x3d but aside from cyberpunk, I don't need it.
DLSS is good unlike fsr, true.
Some games, I do feel are better suited on pc like RE4 remake due to controls and I played it on pc.... like 3 times. But if I had to play it on ps5, I think it would be ok too.
I have a feeling 3700x and 3080 10gb will struggle with DD2 for sure

Last edited:
Top Bottom