• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Is there any chance of this coming to PC?

I liked it on console but that frame rate.....
I DON'T KNOW.

I really, REALLY want them to release it on PC, but signs so far point to 'not a chance'. And it drives me BONKERS.

My last hope is for them to release a PC version alongside the expansion, as it'd be a good time to do so, but I'm not very confident about that. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's pretty crazy that Capcom is porting a game like DmC over to PC yet they refuse to port DD.

It is crazy. This game is perfect fit for the PC. They've ported just about everything else over to the platform this generation. I hope this is just a case of them not announcing it yet and they plan to release it on the PC as the Dark Arisen complete version.

Tomodachi

It is crazy. This game is perfect fit for the PC. They've ported just about everything else over to the platform this generation. I hope this is just a case of them not announcing it yet and they plan to release it on the PC as the Dark Arisen complete version.
Didn't they say it would be terribly hard to port the game to PC because of the way it's programmed or did I dream about it? Much like what Rockstar said about Red Dead Redemption :(

Still, I hope in a Complete (GOTY!!) version, would buy it in a heartbeat.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't they say it would be terribly hard to port the game to PC because of the way it's programmed or did I dream about it? Much like what Rockstar said about Red Dead Redemption :(

Still, I hope in a Complete (GOTY!!) version, would buy it in a heartbeat.

I remember hearing about that for Red Dead Redemption, but not for Dragon's Dogma. I thought the whole point of their MT Framework was to make cross-platform development easier. It's what allowed for such high-quality PC ports for games like Lost Planet, DMCIV, and RE5, right?

I believe the excuse they gave was related to the server architecture that would be required for them to support the pawn system on PC, which sounds like absolute bollocks to me (why can't they just share space with the Xbox users?).

Ugh, it's so frustrating, too, with all the flaws on the console versions (horribly low-res textures, lots of NPC and foliage pop-in, no anisotropic filtering, pitiful resolution, FPS that hovers around 30 and frequently goes under, etc.). I keep listing off these flaws because I really, really can't get past them anymore, it just kills the experience for me.

If we never do get a PC port, I really hope the next-gen sequel does away with all these problems...

mDCAT.jpg

yes, it's that prostitute.

previously, i thought that the duchess quest would always overwrite the arisen's bond, but it seems i was wrong. if you give the bond to any person before completing the duchess, that person will be your first ending. i gave a second bond to quina shorty after the first, but she didn't get any special treatment.

Love this thread, been following it for a long time. Finally have an account on here, so thought I'd say hey. :)

Named my Arisen after Richard from "Sword of Truth" and "Legend of the Seeker" Amazing stories if anyone else knows them. :)

Anyone on 360 DD know how in the blazes the 360 crowd caught up to the PS3 in the UR Dragon department?

I remember it was like UR Generation 130 or something for PS3 and the 360 crowd was only on like generation 58. How did they catch up?

Oh, and can't wait for Dark Arisen. My most awaited expansion for the entire year.

Should be 179 or 180 on XBL side.

Just checked. 180.

Crazy. I beat the UR Dragon once at level 110, and it was barely. Celebrated by not playing the game in months. lol. I'm wondering if I should give it another play BEFORE Dark Arisen, or if waiting to see if Dark Arisen does anything else for the main game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, I have my main character maxed out on the mage and archmage vocations.

What should I do now? If I don't change vocations, is my character just going to be stagnant for the rest of the game? Or does another mage vocation open up later?

If I switch him to say a magic archer (or whatever it's called), what exactly happens? Do I lose all my spells, or some of them? If I change to another vocation, can I change back to archmage by just paying 1,000 gold?

You can switch between vocations as much as you want, so don't be afraid to try something different.

You can still use a staff as a Mystic Knight, so you might want to try that first, instead of Magick Archer.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You can switch between vocations as much as you want, so don't be afraid to try something different.

You can still use a staff as a Mystic Knight, so you might want to try that first, instead of Magick Archer.

MA can use the staff too.

Tomodachi

previously, i thought that the duchess quest would always overwrite the arisen's bond, but it seems i was wrong. if you give the bond to any person before completing the duchess, that person will be your first ending. i gave a second bond to quina shorty after the first, but she didn't get any special treatment.
AFAIK
the character in the ending is chosen randomly between those with maxed affinity
, or at least that's what I thought.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available in Japan on April 25

Also 56$ O_O
Probably because it comes with the game in Japan.

I thought it would come out sooner :(

Tomodachi

I transfered the whole folder from my PS3 to my Vita and those screenshots look amazing on dat oled. Since the screen is small you can't see the compression either. Really nice seeing them as a slideshow waiting for dark arisen Q_Q

Ken

How many days the treasure chests in the Everfall need in order to respawn?

3-5 I've read. I just spam rest about that many times.

Hmm. Well then i'll definitely give it a try, probably get myself to lvl 55 first. I'll be doing offline as well, since my connection is horrible.

Good luck! Assassin makes Ur-Dragon a joke with Invisibility, Bloodlust, and Autonomy...but I guess that applies to the whole game. @_@

Dire Gouge is a broken-ass skill against dragons. But damn, that crunch sound is satisfying.

Dire Gouge for Wyverns, Intimate Gambit for Drakes and Wyrms.

When you hit a Drake in the heart with IG and it rears up, you can time the next IG to hit right when it lands and keep repeating that until it falls on it's side; then it's Great Windmill time.

Good luck! Assassin makes Ur-Dragon a joke with Invisibility, Bloodlust, and Autonomy...but I guess that applies to the whole game. @_@

Assassin class is really that over-powering? Hah. Welp. I guess I helped my young cousin into the easy life. XD

Yeah, I just killed it, I really did not feel satisfied with the kill at all. I just spammed Hunter Bolt till my stamina was low, then switched to my holy powered staff. It took a pretty long time, especially when it flys away! >.< Making me leave the area and come back. -_- Plus I didn't get good XP or any
good drops. D:

I'm still debating making a new character before DA, or if I should finish my 1000 GS with my current Arisen. Level 120 Mystic Knight.

Never got to be an Assassin with Autonomy, sound cool, but I like my pawns. Magic Archer sounds fun too...

Tomodachi

From the Dark Arisen thread:

I guess you can add this to the OP (or some of it):

Following the announcement of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen last year we are now pleased to confirm concrete details about this expansion to the world of Dragon’s Dogma. Scheduled for release on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 from April 23 in North America and April 26 across Europe, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the next exciting chapter in the Dragon’s Dogma franchise. Coming both on a physical disc and as a full game digital download, the title delivers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game.

Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle and it is here that gamers will discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest. Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data, to continue their journey as the Arisen and face this new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights, with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets. For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all new content.

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive the following for free on purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen: 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes.

Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying, with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game.

So, what does Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen deliver?
All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus…

A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
More skills/equipment/augments:
o Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
o Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
o 14 new character/Pawn augments
o New tiers of equipment enhancement

And there’s more:
o Increased character customisation options
o Item appraisal
o Option to select Japanese voice over

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available for purchase across Europe as follows:

April 26: PlayStation 3 both disc and digital versions, with the digital version priced at €29.99/£19.99

April 26: Xbox 360 disc based version (with a digital version to follow as a Games on Demand title in the Summer)

source == capcom email, so I can't link.

sdnkgfjsabgfabfgsabagallijoihrg!!!

Ken

Giving us new high level armor for the underground stuff hopefully means there will be some pretty difficult things in there even for level 100+ characters.

Never got to be an Assassin with Autonomy, sound cool, but I like my pawns. Magic Archer sounds fun too...

But you miss out on throwing pawns into the Everfall hole!

Giving us new high level armor for the underground stuff hopefully means there will be some pretty difficult things in there even for level 100+ characters.

But you miss out on throwing pawns into the Everfall hole!

Plenty of citizen's in the town left to throw in that hole, so no big worry ;) haha.

RyoonZ

Banned
Just beaten the game today. The final battle sequence is epic. Only 5 more trophy for platinum. I hope they're making sequel for next gen consoles. Something I want them to add in sequel, add Limit Break kind of bar and when it's full we can transform into dragonoid like Breath of Fire. Add another island and we can travel with ship, unique town design like European or Japanese style town. Weather system, the post game can be windy/stormy weather and randomized it. More combo, X X X and X pause X X X aren't enough. More color, the dungeon looks the same especially because of the lantern it just looks all orange.

mudkyp

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good support pawn and a sorcerer pawn. I'm level 85 so any pawn that level or higher would be a huge help.

I would have posted in the pawn sharing thread but it hasn't been updated since last year.

Anywho my PSN is mudkyp. Thanks everyone.

Jinaar

My first play thru on release I was able to beat the Dwwwwagon but did not finish post game at all. So last monday, I loaded it back up and pushed thru before the new DLC comes out. Just a few quests away from post game and still just loving it like I did the first time. The game just does so many things right.

People may complain about the pawns talking all the time but frankly, they have on numerous occasions told me to do the right thing against a monster ("Why yes Pawn, I did forget to burn the wings of the Griffon first or else that winged shit hawk will just fly away.") or learn about the surrounding area that I am in, historically wise. I find it really engaging to have an AI character offhandedly chat about the world. The game isn't forcing you to learn more about the world but does offer it up. Sort of like Dark Souls, where alot of the world and story about characters can be found on item descriptions and more. It's there if you want it.

The graphics are still breathtaking. If only this was PC though. I would, like most, be blowing loads.

Whoever is the artistic director of armor and weapons (especially armor) should be given heaps of praise. All the armor is realistic and sensible to wear. Everyone looks like they are wearing the right armor for the right world that they exist in. Top notch job!

Did I beat it?
I killed the dragon and got a brief credit sequence, killed the duke, and now there's some more monsters outdoors but not really a whole lot to do.

Ken

Did I beat it?
I killed the dragon and got a brief credit sequence, killed the duke, and now there's some more monsters outdoors but not really a whole lot to do.

Nope.
The big hole that was created in the city, jump down it to reach the Everfall. You'll meet a NPC pawn who gives you the true final quest that involves Wakestones. There's a few things you can do at this point; play RNG for gear, grind for gold and EXP, or end the game to start NG+.

Nope.
The big hole that was created in the city, jump down it to reach the Everfall. You'll meet a NPC pawn who gives you the true final quest that involves Wakestones.

Yeah I got that quest but it seems like a boring grind. I dunno, maybe I'll finish it.

Great way to make money, too. You'll collect the 20 you need in no time, but if you keep exploring the Everfall you'll find upwards of 50+. Start NG+ a billionaire.

Is there a way to start new game plus without getting the twenty wakestones? Everything in the ever fall is kicking my ass.

Nope, you need the stones.

If you can kill a Drake without much trouble, go into the Chamber of Fate (8th level) and fight the Drake. It will either spawn a Drake and Harpies, or 2 Chimeras and a Wight that summons Hellhounds, so just leave and re-enter until the Drake spawns.

The Chamber of Distress (9th level) is pretty easy; the main room is filled with Dire Wolves and Snow Harpies, and the boss is a Wyrm. Wyrms are less mobile than Drakes but they can cast hard hitting magic if you're not careful.

The Chamber of Hesitation (3rd level) isn't too bad, as long as you can deal with Snowy Saurians. The boss is the Archydra, which is pretty easy if you have a bow and keep your distance, then grab and chop the heads when they get stuck in the ground.

Tomodachi

Is there a way to start new game plus without getting the twenty wakestones? Everything in the ever fall is kicking my ass.
Yeah, as Ryanardo said the rooms are very different, some are very hard while others are very easy, so you just have to try different rooms. You just need to beat like 3-4 rooms to get enough stones and complete the quest. Keep trying, you have come so far :p

Top Bottom