• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast Coming Back 2009

SolidSnakex Thats a nice photo, me and my wife love dressing our pets in custom made clothes, winter coats, jackets, shades, sport coats, robes.....They also sleep in custom made beds with tiny pilliows. :)

Borys

Banned
U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
LMAO :lol funny stuff.

How many people you think play dreamcast, care about dreamcast, wish dreamcast came back, want more dreamcast, bought other gaming systems, and still play thier old games?

Again, i say over 5 million or 10 million. And for the dude who said i will have to spend 100 Million to bring it back, thats bs. I dont know how the money issues go in making new games or getting the word out, but i do believe its not that much, probly under a million.

So you really don't know shit.

Man, give us a break.

Pointless & pathetic waste of time.

You could try and put that kind of DC NRG!, I don't know - elsewhere i.e. in your bedroom. At least your wife would be happier.

SolidSnakex Thats a nice photo, me and my wife love dressing our pets in custom made clothes, winter coats, jackets, shades, sport coats, robes.....They also sleep in custom made beds with tiny pilliows.

Well, that explains a lot.

For the sake of my faith in humanity, though, I'm going to have to assume that your naivete can be explained away because you're a 12 year old with an active imagination. So you would have neither a wife, nor a million dollars to spend on your delusional scheme, nor helpless pets to torture.

Sean

Banned
Disco Stu said:
Ah, well, since we're discussing the Dreamcast ...

Can anyone please post the postcard Sega sent out announcing its condolences at the PlayStation 2's shipping malaise? The picture was of a small boy sticking his tongue out at Sony's misfortune.

That was cool. A little weird, but cool.

Dreamcast_Ad.jpg

I dont know where yall been at, but take a look around, its alot of dreamcast fans still around. All because something is old, dont mean nothing. Yall can continue on buying 50 dollar games ok, yall do that, wasting your money on and getting rip off.

Yall act like something is dated is bad or something, but as i mention most old stuff is better then the new stuff, alot of budget games are better then the 50 dollar stuff. Same thing, different issues.

LMAO :lol funny stuff.

How many people you think play dreamcast, care about dreamcast, wish dreamcast came back, want more dreamcast, bought other gaming systems, and still play thier old games?

Again, i say over 5 million or 10 million. And for the dude who said i will have to spend 100 Million to bring it back, thats bs. I dont know how the money issues go in making new games or getting the word out, but i do believe its not that much, probly under a million.
Dude you are completely missing the fucking POINT. People wanted SEGA to continue making dreamcast games, other talented developers to continue making games that were perfect for the Dreamcast. You can't just throw out some pieced together shareware games (i dont care if its 4 disc "GTA" type, its still not "real" Dreamcast software) and expect people to eat it all up and enjoy it like the good ol days.

Drinky especially has it dead on. People wanted the Dreamcast experience to not go away, it has nothing to do with playing games on the fucking system. There is no reason anyone has to make games for the dreamcast anymore when you have at LEAST 3 other systems out right now, far more capable and widespread to have any new game for, let alone "400 new games" for the Dreamcast. Get a clue.

Tiktaalik

I dont know how the money issues go in making new games or getting the word out, but i do believe its not that much, probly under a million.

:lol :lol :lol

I thought you wanted to make 500? Do you have 500 million?

Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Well, that explains a lot.

For the sake of my faith in humanity, though, I'm going to have to assume that your naivete can be explained away because you're a 12 year old with an active imagination. So you would have neither a wife, nor a million dollars to spend on your delusional scheme, nor helpless pets to torture.

Nope wrong again.

# 1 , I'm 23, born in russian, 12 tattoos, and i am married to a wonderful woman name angel, she's 26 born in london, 2 tattoos. She knows what i am about to do soon in this world, even tho she aint too much hype up as me in bringing back the dreamcast. She likes dreamcast tho, but like nintendo more.

#2 Nothing is wrong with dressing your pets, and giving them custom beds to sleep in.

#3 I am just a hardcore sega fan, yall act like i work at sega or something. All i'm doing is telling yall whats gonna happen, the only way it wont happen if sega dont like the idea. I will talk to sega soon and i hope things work out like i want them too. Yall should know this already, tho.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Thats the whole plan man, to continue to bring out more games for the console. Thats it , so i dont see whats the problem is.

You're not SEGA, the company that made the great Dreamcast games people enjoyed. That's the problem.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wait. You don't know how developers make games and you expect a development team to make Dreamcast games of similar quality...for under a million dollars? How did you become rich with such ignorance? Maybe in soviet russia you make quality games for under a million dollar, but in the civilized world (where most of us don't wrap our pets up) it costs a bit of money.....

Tain

I was waiting for someone to say that. Thats the whole plan man, to continue to bring out more games for the console. Thats it , so i dont see whats the problem is.

Nah. What I mean is that people liked the games that happened to be on the Dreamcast. Not because they were on the Dreamcast.

# 1 , I'm 23, born in russian, 12 tattoos, and i am married to a wonderful woman name angel, she's 26 born in london, 2 tattoos.

Who the fuck mentions how many tattoos they and their significant other have during the course of an introduction? When you're meeting with all the CEOs of developers for your crackheaded scheme, you might want to drop that part.

Were you raised in Russia? That would at least explain English apparantly being your second language.

cs060mk2

You are not the young "millionaire" Ryan Cerwinski of Merlancia Industries who tricked the whole Amiga world into the scam that he would release a new Amiga? He even managed to fool Dave Hayne one of the original hardware designers from Commodore over to Merlancia for half a year, something Dave isnt to glad about.

It seems so like it, big talks about nothing that "should" come in a few years....

500 games.. lol

Its not that one guy can make a game just because a system is old.

Tiktaalik

If you want to make games for old systems, you'd probably be alot more sucessful making games for the Atari 2600 or Colecovision, and sell them at retro gaming conventions. The fanbase is much larger. Eventhough the Dreamcast is great, alot of the fanbase has moved on. People that are going to retro gaming conventions to buy 2600 games are still looking for new games to add to their collections.

^^^^^sure :lol Tain, sure.

Let me say something and i am done with this thread.

If this project happens, it will happen and i will go from there. If it dont happen, it wont happen and we continue on. Either way something is gonna happen, so the dreamcast is either coming back or not coming back. Simple as that, i have plans on bringing it back, but you know how sega is, i rather not comment on that tho. Because i know some people who at worked sega years ago, and they told me, to go talk to sega about this and they will back me up because its a rather slick idea if you think about it clearly.

So overall , yall can believe me or dont believe me, dont matter to me.

Peace, nothing is impossible tho, GOD has given us a brain, the secret is using it to advanced to better things.

APF

I dont know where yall been at, but take a look around, its alot of dreamcast fans still around. All because something is old, dont mean nothing. Yall can continue on buying 50 dollar games ok, yall do that, wasting your money on and getting rip off.
You have no idea what you are talking about, but that's fine because you're just a delusional seven-year-old.

Yall act like something is dated is bad or something, but as i mention most old stuff is better then the new stuff, alot of budget games are better then the 50 dollar stuff. Same thing, different issues.
The reason there are so many DC fans now is because it's dead now, and it's the popular thing to like since it failed. Obviously if there were as many "fans" as there are now...it wouldn't have died.

And for the dude who said i will have to spend 100 Million to bring it back, thats bs. I dont know how the money issues go in making new games or getting the word out, but i do believe its not that much, probly under a million.

:lol :lol :lol

BEST. JOKE. CHARACTER. EVER.

God, I act like I'm so fucking clever, and I can't even come up with a gag character this good. *cry*

Jewbacca

Banned
I cant believe you guys are getting all crazy about this lol...

Id would be like... Hmm alright great man... good luck with that.... and walk away.

Thats like me saying Im making a car with a built in seat where i can take a shit and it turns the shit into fuel.

Edit: I dont really remember about the point I was making with that analogy... but I like it so its gonna stay.

Mrbob

Jewbacca said:
I cant believe you guys are getting all crazy about this lol...

Id would be like... Hmm alright great man... good luck with that.... and walk away.

Thats like me saying Im making a car with a built in seat where i can take a shit and it turns the shit into fuel.

What the fuck is your point? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Syb

#3 I am just a hardcore sega fan, yall act like i work at sega or something. All i'm doing is telling yall whats gonna happen, the only way it wont happen if sega dont like the idea. I will talk to sega soon and i hope things work out like i want them too. Yall should know this already, tho.

It'd take more then one person tor revive a dead platform, wouldn't it?

Or are you some sort of Super Man?

Anyway, Goodluck, you'll be needing it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
He's not alone in this, he probably knows more guys from Russia. With an average small team of 20 people per project, his bringing in 10.000 game creators to make these games. Which incidentially is the same amount of people that are let go with the rightsizing of Staliningrad brigade. Re-educated Russian soldiers making 500 Dreamcast games! Segaton.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Those games cost over 80 bucks right? :lol I seen headhunter the other day for 60 bucks, i was laughing at the people who work there, i was laughing all the way out the mall too. :lol :lol 60 bucks a game is a rip off big time. I 'm playing head hunter right now, its a great game, but not worth 60 dollars. No game is worth 60 bucks, even my fav ones GTA GAMES.
You would be surprised. Some of those I picked up for next to nothing off Ebay. Bangai-O = $20NZ, JSR = $12NZ and both of those were sealed. I probably bought about half of my games when they were released. Headhunter and Shenmue 2 were around $100NZ each but then most games in NZ are. PS2, Xbox, GC, PSX etc. There are a few exceptions. GT4 and all Konami games are $120 (Thats over $85US but then again, the exchange rate atm is in our favour atm).

Importing games from the US has never been so cheap for us. PSP games at $62NZ each which retail here at importers for $120NZ. Go figure. :D

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I only skimmed this thread real quick, but U.2.K. Tha Greate$t has said he is going to "change the world" quite a few times in it.

Please, enlighten me, how are you going to change the world U.2.K. Tha Greate$t?

If this project happens, it will happen and i will go from there. If it dont happen, it wont happen and we continue on. Either way something is gonna happen

OMG Perrin Kaplin???????????????

Brofist

If there were so many DC fans the system would have never died. Don't you get it, companies don't pull the plug on ultra popular products that are generating profit just to spite it's fanbase and leave the fans hanging. They pull the plug on shit that is dead, and has no future.

Most people here probably have or had a DC at one time. It was a fun system with some good games no doubt, but those days are far and gone.

This reminds me of the Atari community, always trying to revive their shitty dead systems. There might be a 100 people worldwide that cared. Nobody here talks about the homebrew Lynx community. Always found this type of thing kind of sad.

This can't be real right? Surely this dude is just a joke character claiming to be a hardcore Sega fanboy saying some crazy incoherent shit that will only bring more disrespect to Sega, its real fans, and its last console. Something he shouldn't want to happen, but that's all he's going to accomplish here. Yet another made to order sacrifical lamb to Drinky Crow, I am not amused. Don't lump this fool with the likes of me or any other real Sega fan (all 20 of you), that's for damn sure!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Nope wrong again.

# 1 , I'm 23, born in russian, 12 tattoos, and i am married to a wonderful woman name angel, she's 26 born in london, 2 tattoos. She knows what i am about to do soon in this world, even tho she aint too much hype up as me in bringing back the dreamcast. She likes dreamcast tho, but like nintendo more.

#2 Nothing is wrong with dressing your pets, and giving them custom beds to sleep in.

Joke character confirmed

<insert random Dave Chapelle character here>

Neex

Banned
About five years ago, back in 9th grade, I met this kid named John who told me that his dad had a VR machine at his house, and he'd go there and play games and such because his dad was super rich and had all this specially developped software for this VR machine.

Later that year he wrote an email to the white house from the computer lab threatening to kill the president. The Secret Service actually traced his email, and he was expelled. I've never seen him since then.

Is that you, John?

fart

Savant
YO U2K

screw these h8rs

we both know dreamcast is where that shit is. dreamcast & 2pac, 2 young 2 die

shit i can make games, hit me up

PEACE

teepo

^^^^^^ lmao :lol

Nice photos btw. I got like over 100 dc games, only playing 5 right now, so i gots lots to look foward too, and SOA 1 & 2 is on that list. I finsh SOA 1 YEARS AGO, never played part 2 before tho. Should be fun.

Check out these screens tho:

http://www.gamepro.com/screen_gallery.cfm?product_id=2396&genustext=Dreamcast&family=

OMFG

you're a fucking genius

who the fuck uses gamepro to link screenshots, let alone anything.

oh man seriously i'm dying.

Top Bottom