• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Druckmann on Half-Life

rav

Yeah?

People said the same thing about Duke Nukem Forever for over 10 years.

Never say never.

Except it was in obvious dev hell for 10 years. From what we've heard from Valve - It's unlikely Valve has gotten past anything resembling pre-production.

Edit: Draw your own conclusions, but I find it unlikely Valve will do HL3 - link

Except it was in obvious dev hell for 10 years. From what we've heard from Valve - It's unlikely Valve has gotten past anything resembling pre-production.

Edit: Draw your own conclusions, but I find it unlikely Valve will do HL3 - link

I'm of the belief that they were well into HL3 and then production stopped because they had other projects to work on, and didn't want to continue developing it on the aging Source engine. Especially when Source 2 was one of those projects.

It would make the most sense from a development point of view to wait for Source 2's completion before continuing to work on Half-Life 3.

That being said, it's a fair opinion to have that the game might not continue development now because they're busy with so many other things, but I feel it can go either way at this point. Personally, I hope they continue development on HL3 now that their new engine is complete.

Nzyme32

Half-Life 3 is never happening. Get over it.

I'd rather have a great exciting fresh game than generic pew pew shooter 29. Why some people are so stuck in the gamer mentality of having to know everything about the development or state of a project and having to continually hype everything is beyond me. Let them do it in there own time or not at all, it doesn't really matter. Duke Nukem forever is what happens when you forcibly release something that clearly hasn't developed well; HL1 and HL2 is what you got after plenty of messy development periods to eventually make great products from all that. Laidlaw is on point with his comments.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Half-Life 3 is never happening. Get over it.

TLG. Shenmue 3.

Sony got this, don't worry.

All jokes aside, don't care about Half-Life. I know Druckmann was just kidding, he's just going to keep making great games. TloU was magic with some of the best dialogue I can remember. That cabin scene...goddamn.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm fairly certain Half-Life 3 is incompatible with this timeline. It's less about "When will Valve make Half-Life 3?", and more about "When will the technology exists for us enter a universe where it exists?".

Qassim

Jesus christ are Valve fans sensitive.

Counter-Strike was a mod. Dota was a mod. Team Fortress Classic was like an official mod engine port. CS:GO, Dota 2 and TF2 are all based on mods, not stuff made by Valve themselves. This has already been discussed, why are you throwing a fit over it?
hilarious.

I dunno what all this sensitivity nonsense is about, you don't need to be sensitive to call someone out on what is factually incorrect and/or totally irrelevant. CSGO, DOTA2 and TF2 are not mods, the first games in the series were based off mods, yes, but you're just wrong to reply the way you did:

u5IllaM.png

You should try looking at what the people you quoted were responding to, because I can't find a way for your comment to make sense in context. The original games in the series being based on mods is totally irrelevant.

stryke

Wow, even when we've got news coming in from TGS, IGN still found time and reported on the joke and yet completely missed the context.

Top Bottom