• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS outsells PS2 in Japan for June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupepe

Banned
Old? I searched, found nothing.

Nintendo DS Beats PlayStation 2 in June Sales
[Mainichi Daily News - 7/08/05]

The Nintendo DS game console was king of the video game hardware market in June, surpassing sales of Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 2 console, a preliminary report complied by major game magazine Enterbrain has shown.

In the Japanese hardware market 130,000 Nintendo DS consoles were sold in June, surpassing the 100,000 PlayStation 2 consoles that were sold, according to the magazine.

It was the third month in a row that the Nintendo DS outstripped the PlayStation 2 console.

The leading video game was Kabutomushi Oja: Mushi King, designed for Game Boy Advance console, which sold 220,000 titles.

Drag-on Dragoon 2, produced by Square Enix for the PlayStation 2 came in at second place, selling 170,000 copies, followed by the Nintendo DS software No wo kitaeru otona no DS training (Brain workout adult DS training), selling 120,000 copies.

Overall sales of game hardware boomed in June, surpassing the number for the same month last year by 62.5 percent. A total of 80,000 of Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation Portable consoles were sold.

Six titles that went on sale in June made the best 10 for the month, but overall sales of game software were down 12.7 percent compared with June 2004.

Copyright 2004-2005 THE MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS. All rights reserved.

Mupepe

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
OMG! ALL OF JAPAN OWNS PS2 AND DOESNT WANT A SECOND?! GOOD JOB DS!

Grasping at fuggin straws. Jesus.

oh hot damn, i guess 130,000 isn't that much at all. pack it up boys, let's go home. the point is that it sold a lot, and the fact that it outsold the ps2 is amazing only for the fact that the ps2 also sells a shitload. Hum, but I guess I'm just biased.

Yes, im SO angry you twits are wasting your money on a bullshit system:p

If ANYTHING buy a second SP and give up on that 2 screened piece of shit.

Mupepe

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
PS2 has been out how long? Its still selling only 30,000 on a system that according to this blind forum, has legs.

Oh shit, I forgot that the PS2 hasn't been selling like hotcakes. </sarcasm>
I don't even know what the hell you're trying to prove. I'm not saying anything like "OMG TEH DS OWNZ TEH PS2." Good god, I'm just saying it's pretty good.

I would but my GBA games look so much better on the DS' backlit screens.

yes screens, with an S, and I can choose to play on EITHER ONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom