• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human Official Review Thread

You will be very...very...VERY happy. Did I say very?

Our Final Verdict is now uploaded on YouTube and set to schedule at 10 AM EST

Here is the thumbnail for it :) Make sure you don't miss it on our page! https://www.youtube.com/gaminginstinctstv and yes it was reviewed by me (We have another reviewer as well on the team besides me, but I am the owner of the website and the channel and all social media channels)

QMz6AHi.jpg

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
one of my favourite streamers who had an early copy for review (I wont say his name here for obvious reasons) dropped some very non-subtle hints about his opinion on the game on stream late last night.

Spoiler; It's fucking good.

DonJorginho

Banned
People are really lowballing this game score wise on the predictions I see.

I really think we're gonna get a gem here, don't be surprised if this reaches 85-89 levels on the ol' metacritic.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The first game is Overwhelmingly Positive (95% of 219,664) on Steam. It’s one of those games that is loved more by players than “critics”.

I was beginning to be at peace with this game being a bit of a disappointment as it's releasing so close to Elden Ring, but it seems like it might be really good after all.

GymWolf

It's definitely coming, not down to requests.

The lead designer said it will come, just after launch in a patch, so god knows how long we'll wait.
I readed that it was only if highly requested but maybe it was old news.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
People are really lowballing this game score wise on the predictions I see.

I really think we're gonna get a gem here, don't be surprised if this reaches 85-89 levels on the ol' metacritic.
I have no doubt about the game being good, just less confident that metacritic will give it an appropriate score.
I loved the first one and it should have scored way higher IMO,especially considering the great support they provided to the game(and that sweet april fool's day where you could send bodies flying).

Cyberpunkd

Waiting for the reviews, if they are good I will maybe grab it Day 1 + Steelbook (decided all my physical games have to have a steelbook, otherwise no buy).

Portugeezer

Game will be great no doubt, but reviewers are strange creatures, something messes with their head. Low balling your prediction makes sense.

Just waiting to see there aren't game breaking bugs. Will order soon after.

Inviusx

Early impressions from reddit seem good, 3 people have posted their experiences so far.

Only concern to me, all 3 seems to think that performance mode is really blurry. Obviously no one is counting pixels over there but all 3 are assuming 1080p in Performance mode, which is the only 60fps option. One even said that in Performance mode the draw distance seemed drastically reduced?

Gonna need that DF analysis for this one.

Hello My Name is

Neo Member
Early impressions from reddit seem good, 3 people have posted their experiences so far.

Only concern to me, all 3 seems to think that performance mode is really blurry. Obviously no one is counting pixels over there but all 3 are assuming 1080p in Performance mode, which is the only 60fps option. One even said that in Performance mode the draw distance seemed drastically reduced?

I got my copy yesterday from Gamestop and playing it currently on performance mode and it is really a bit blurry

Stuart360

Hope it's either really good or bad. Got no time middle ground anymore
For some reason i think thats actually what its going to be. I feel the game is going to either be better than peoples expectations (90+ range), or its going to be lower than peopels expectations (in the 65-75 range).
Not sure exactly why i feel that but i do lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Another poorly optimized performance mode, awesome.

Stuart360

I got my copy yesterday from Gamestop and playing it currently on performance mode and it is really a bit blurry
Do yoiu think it could be just because you have just got the game and you were switching between modes and thats making performance seem blurry, if you get what i mean.
Could it be if you got the game and started playing performance mode first and didnt even check the 30fps mode, it might not of seemed as blurry?.

Ogbert

Yep. It’s the technical stuff that worries me.

The game will be good. We know that. But I want to see how it runs.

Inviusx

Ok, well now I'm starting to lose hype a bit because I'm really looking forward to this game but I'm staunchly against a regression in performance modes. Specifically if we end up back at 1080p/60.

Current mood: changing from instant buy to waiting for a proper technical analysis.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

If true, I'm out.

Markio128

The advert, whilst clearly not real-time, does sell the game rather well, in my opinion. I didn’t play the 1st game, so doubtful I;ll try the sequel, but still interested to see how it fares.

Hugare

The game runs at full 4K in resolution mode, right?

I cant imagine a game that runs at 4K/30 not being able to run at 60 at 1440p

Maybe their TAA solution is shit. Same thing happened to Cyberpunk at launch.

Image quality was horrible, not due to low resolution, but the TAA was fucked up. Later they improved on it with patches, making it much more cleaner in terms of IQ.

Kupfer

What the hell does that even mean? How is this a "PC game through and through"? He's so weird.
As a German myself I can see why he says that. A game being "durch und durch" (through and through) a PC game means it's so a game for the PC. He is less weird than that he speaks several languages, so even you can understand him through and through.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As a German myself I can see why he says that. A game being "durch und durch" (through and through) a PC game means it's so a game for the PC. He is less weird than that he speaks several languages, so even you can understand him through and through.
I understand what he's saying, just not why that would be the case. It's not like this is Crysis.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Do you guys know which games were also 1080p in Performance mode? Guardians of The Galaxy and Returnal. Calm your horses.

Yeah, and Guardians shouldn't be 1080p either. It doesn't make sense. That's still the mode I use because 30fps feels terrible in that game, but it should be at least 1440p logically.

(Returnal is different.)

Last edited:

Kupfer

I understand what he's saying, just not why that would be the case. It's not like this is Crysis.
Ah okay - me neither then.
Probably console ports are so much downgraded because of missing optimisation, that you have to play it on a high end PC to see, what the devs' true vision and ambitions of the game are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom