• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Nintendo Conference Thread

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Good finish! I haven't played the more recent Metroids (since Prime), but my curiousity is piqued by the involvement of a new team.

Things were genuinely pretty bad up to Galaxy though. But a new 3D mario was all I came looking for going into this, so I'm happy.

jibblypop

Banned
WOW at that metroid trailer... it wasn't a great e3 showing by any means but at least galaxy 2 and crazy ass metroid are coming.

Speevy

Banned
2 good announcements, the rest was garbage.

That said, Metroid Other M is the first Metroid I want to play since Super Metroid.

dorkimoe

9:57AM PT What's next for games after Wii Fit and Brain Age? The Wii Vitality Sensor. It's one of those biorhythm doodads you stick your finger in. Except it connects to the Wiimote. "For example, how nervous am I?" There's a slight chuckle in the audience ... (If we were wearing a Wii Vitality Sensor right now, would Nintendo sense that we'd fallen asleep?)

We just realized this is really close to that fake "Wii Relax" helmet that went around for a while. Good call, whoever did that. Nintendo liked your idea.

Saved by the last 15 minutes. So in the end what's actually coming this holiday from Nintendo outside of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Goddamn Nintendo, making me feel all those mixed emotions. You stuttered and tripped all over the place for the majority of the conference, but you had a gem or two in there (GS2) - then almost made me believe it was over on goddamn... girlz murder club and checking my freaking pulse, then bring out the huuuuuge guns. So I guess you did alright, but the hurt of the first half the conference still kinda aches.

Crisis

Banned
For those of you excited about this I'd like to point out that it's Team Ninja making this game. After Gaiden II are you really excited for this?

Donos

I didn't like that Reggie and Cammie were so fucking serious. Ok they don't need lame jokes but damn, smile some times. Peter Moore needs to host all conferences.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Anyone else think that last guy walking on stage was Miyamoto with Zelda or something?? damn what an anticlimatic ending....

Still, they DID deliver!

Just no Zelda. But we've gotta be satisfied somehow!

Strike

I'm glad you guys stopped bitching. Some of you were unbelieveable. Ubisoft was waaaayyyy more painful to watch than that.

Tiktaalik

TheEastonator said:
MIND BLOWN
But then what's Retro up to?

Remember that port of all three games to the Wii? Yeah.

Don't forget that the top level of creative talent at that company left several months ago...

GhaleonQ

I'm sure that Other M is going to be the black sheep or oddball of the series and a story-focused game made by Team Ninja frightens me, but, today, that's really neat.

MMaRsu

Banned
lsslave said:
Wow... terrible conference?

Flamers can fuck themselves :lol :lol :lol

2 new Mario Console games AND a new Metroid title?

All we need left is ZELDA :lol :lol

As cool as those three titles looked, are you really satisfied with 3 core games at a hour and a half press conference? It's plain bad.

I used to be a Nintendo fan, but after they hardly ever announced anything anymore I jumped to 360. I still have a gamecube which has an amazing library.

Aside from those three games from Nintendo, everything shown was bad.

adg1034

As satisfying as that Team Ninja reveal was, don't forget about all the other titles and media that were revealed in Nintendo press releases/E3 websites immediately following last year's conference. Here's hoping we get something similar this time around.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
surely I'm not the only one who thought that looked really, really bad.

goodbye subtly, hello Team Ninja

aurto511

Ok so that last bit was nice :D , MS still in the lead in the presser stakes though.

I'm happy at the no-show of Zelda, they should wait till we're absolutely gagging for it (another year or two)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Nintendo just showed me that they can listen to their fans.

Finally.

I hope metroid is amazing, it looked great.

Top Bottom