• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Nintendo Conference Thread

Kyoufu

OMFG....Metroid looks..........omfg IM CRYING IT LOOKS SO GOOD SWEET JESUS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Golden Sun DS and Metroid: Other M - DAY ONE

Team Ninja FUCK YEAH

Jon

Mario Galaxy 2, new Metroid, nice DS support...I am happy. The conference was boring as shit, but hey, they delivered.

I counted three Wii games I want to play. Microsoft is winning E3, big time.

On the good side, it looks like I'll be picking up my DS again this year. Pretty nice if somewhat small lineup there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Metroid, Golden Sun, and Mario Galaxy were amazing. The rest was so so but fucking 3 games that really tickle me!

Cohsae

Jax said:
OH SHIT THATS IT.

FAIL FAIL FAIL

such a terrible PC.

golden sun
galaxy rehash
and
metroid?

ZERUDA FANS RAPED.
Yeah, all they had was a sequel to one of the best GBA games, a sequel to the best 3D platformer ever, and a new Metroid game.
WIN WIN WIN

RSP

Makes sense to announce just a couple of games for the core audience, announcing a new zelda would take away from Mario Galaxy 2.

GhaleonQ

MMaRsu said:
As cool as those three titles looked, are you really satisfied with 3 core games at a hour and a half press conference? It's plain bad.

I used to be a Nintendo fan, but after they hardly ever announced anything anymore I jumped to 360. I still have a gamecube which has an amazing library.

Aside from those three games from Nintendo, everything shown was bad.

Do you not own a DS for some reason?

USD

There was a lot of shit (Wii Vitality Sensor? Seriously?), but a lot of awesome to cover it up. Golden Fucking Sun DS bitches.

I am dissapointed. Have Nintendo forgot about its classic franchises????

And there seems to be trouble with Retro. Can't believe that they haven't showed there game.....

Boss Man

Nintendo went from worst E3 I've ever witnessed to a good showing.

Two things to look forward to is not "OMG ALL OVER MY FACE THEY WIN."

Basch

Galaxy 2, Metroid M, and Golden Sun 3 saved this conference from total failure.

D-

Again, Nintendo does just enough for me to forgive them for another year, even though I don't want to. Still a terrible conference due to long speeches and no games until the last 10 minutes.

Danielsan

Nintendo redeemed themselfs at the end.

+
Metroid
Mario Galaxy 2
Golden Sun
New Super Mario Bros Wii

-
Everything else

Nowhere near as good as MS' conference yesterday but nowhere near as bad as last year due to the announcements.

jarosh

mario galaxy 2
new 2d super mario bros. wii
new amazing looking metroid game for wii
golden sun ds

fuck me. this is AWESOME TO THE MAX!

DanteFox

For a second I thought it would be a new futuristic IP by nintendo, then I heard the guy say

"Any objections lady?"

I was like O.O

Then it hit me when I saw the metroid armor.

SAMUS IS BACK MUH*****AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bottles

Microsoft briefing >>> Nintendo briefing

I mean, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid were all kinds of awesome, but the rest was utter shit. Where the fuck is Zelda?

seat

I'm happy they premiered SMG2, but that's about it. I guess I'm satisfied though.

Super Mario Wii looks like too much of a clusterfuck to be a real Mario game. I assume it's lacking as a single-player experience and is more Mario Party-like instead.

I don't care for the hack'em-slash'em genre, so the new Metroid is take it or leave it for me. I want a REAL new Metroid where you solve puzzles and have adventure, not just shooing and beating up stuff.

Pistolero

I don't believe what I'm reading here : This was a horrible conference, save for the Mario Galaxy 2 (superb) and the Team Ninja collaboration on Metroid (Let's see how that works before hitting the ceiling). 55 minutes of pute trash vs 2 good announcements and Nintendo toped Microsoft show ? It must be the 5th dimension or something...

Garryk

Wii has got a smoking lineup this year, but I'm surprised that they didn't announce a single retail game that takes advantage of the DSi. Plus, no DSi VC? Lack of Zelda disappoints, but Metroid and SMG2 more than make up for that.

It's going to be a slow year for the DS. That wasn't very impressive except for the Golden Sun announcement.

Kusagari said:
Team Ninja Metroid without Itagaki = Fail
fmun4p.jpg

adg1034 said:
As satisfying as that Team Ninja reveal was, don't forget about all the other titles and media that were revealed in Nintendo press releases/E3 websites immediately following last year's conference. Here's hoping we get something similar this time around.

I hope a new Zelda

ha1f

Nintendo has some good stuff coming, but I think I'm feeling like the conference was lackluster because of the bore-fest I had to endure to get to the good stuff.

Also, I wish they'd bump theyre god damn hardware. That Metroid game + Wii in HD would be hot fire. But looking at in comparison to other games of "this gen" I'm just mad that I can't see nintendos worlds at their full potential. Meh.

gg nintendo.

Top Bottom