• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

dreamfall

lol my girlfriend who is MMA retarded saw me laying some ground and pound from mount on a guy online was like "Why did he stand you up? You were winning."
I am having so much fun with the game but some things are just broken .

Also, EA servers down or just me?

So much this. I love the presentation aspects, but the body shot damage really is broken. When you've got someone on the ropes (literally rocked three times, Cain about to go down) it doesn't make sense that one body shot can lead to an immediate knockout (my JDS, wasn't even gassed!). I'm also having a lot of trouble understanding when to go for submissions- after defending position, and with an opponent at zero energy- I can't seem to lock it in. Leading usually to a mount, and imminent danger.

I stopped Online at 42-15. I think I need to play the computer on Hard/Pro to actually learn.

N° 2048

So much this. I love the presentation aspects, but the body shot damage really is broken. When you've got someone on the ropes (literally rocked three times, Cain about to go down) it doesn't make sense that one body shot can lead to an immediate knockout (my JDS, wasn't even gassed!). I'm also having a lot of trouble understanding when to go for submissions- after defending position, and with an opponent at zero energy- I can't seem to lock it in. Leading usually to a mount, and imminent danger.

I stopped Online at 42-15. I think I need to play the computer on Hard/Pro to actually learn.

I think for submissions it comes down to stats and stamina. I usually take a guy down, land some shots and transition a bit then go for the sub. It also depends on how fast you react to the submission mini-game.

SHEF

I hoped the stuttering I had in the demo wouldn't be in the final game but it still does it. The image blurs and it stutters, is anyone else with the PS4 version noticing this?

dreamfall

I hoped the stuttering I had in the demo wouldn't be in the final game but it still does it. The image blurs and it stutters, is anyone else with the PS4 version noticing this?

Definitely more so in Replays than any other part of the game, and definite stuttering after playing for a couple hours in a row.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Yup happens on the XB1 version as well. Seems to be extra effects for the cut-scenes which aren't there in gameplay. They should just pull the effect or lower it since it doesn't offer much.

I used game face for the career and it looks nothing like me lol. How are other people's experience with it? Is it broken? It's always looked fine in past EA games but it's pretty atrocious in this.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just had a fantastic fight with my dad. I was Rhonda Rousley he was Alexis Davis. Went to the 5th round but I won by KO with 20 seconds left. By the end the amount of blood was insane, everywhere on the bodies and faces.

BTW the opening to the fight where it zooms on the crowd looked super smooth as if it was running along the lines of 50-60FPS but when it goes to the scene with a fight it drops to 30FPS. Could explain why it stutters.

These scenes weren't in the demo so DF wouldn't have picked up on it. I'm going to check it now and get back to you guys.

Who is ready to get Dominated?!

2bfHvrL.jpg

ucLuP9W.jpg

Also when you do gameface, why the hell can't you change the hairstyle?

Superfight with Rory McDonald.......Rory McDonald gives me training advice........lol

And it's a 3 round fight despite being a main event....huh

knee

Anyone think that we're going to get the rest of the walkout shirts in a DLC pack of sorts?

I bet they're going to charge us for stuff that should be there already. :-\ It kinda sucks to win in a plain white t-shirt.

Anyone think that we're going to get the rest of the walkout shirts in a DLC pack of sorts?

I bet they're going to charge us for stuff that should be there already. :-\ It kinda sucks to win in a plain white t-shirt.

Paying for advertising lol

I don't understand this game. I started a career with a CAF and I am struggling with my first TUF match. My character is slow as molasses and cannot defend a takedown at all. It it goes to the ground at any point I am pretty much finished. For whatever reason the CPU blocks ALL my transition attempts. He ends up in a full mount and I am powerless to do anything.

This game cheats!

SkylineRKR

Wow submission has to be broken. In main card fights I just Suplex ->Kimura from the very first second and it works. This is on Normal.

I don't understand this game. I started a career with a CAF and I am struggling with my first TUF match. My character is slow as molasses and cannot defend a takedown at all. It it goes to the ground at any point I am pretty much finished. For whatever reason the CPU blocks ALL my transition attempts. He ends up in a full mount and I am powerless to do anything.

This game cheats!

Some consolation might be that this was the hardest fight in the game for me. I never had much trouble with any opponent after him. You'll also get a lot of EXP once you're past TUF.

From impressions i have read, looks like they have a lot of work to do in a future sequel.

Even though it's outdated, i still prefer the first Undisputed game.

Egg0

Banned
Anyone notice any differences in fighting someone in a lower weight class than you? Like do you hit harder and take less damage? Or is it just stat based?

Jamie OD

Sure EA, you keep telling me the server is down but what you really mean is "Stop trying to upload OJ Simpson's headshot onto Game Face."

Gurrry

How do you make a "gameface"?

When I goto the EA Sports website, it just says "loading" where the option to take a picture/upload a photo is.

Anyone know how to get this to work?

So have fought about 40 matches online, 39 of those people only use the champs. I'd say 30 of them were Jones, had to deselect that weight class. Fucking spinning back kick over and over and over and over.

Not fun fighting the same dudes again and again. Going to stick to fighting friends from now on.

ron_bato

So have fought about 40 matches online, 39 of those people only use the champs. I'd say 30 of them were Jones, had to deselect that weight class. Fucking spinning back kick over and over and over and over.

Not fun fighting the same dudes again and again. Going to stick to fighting friends from now on.

For the lighter weight fights it's either jose aldo or bruce lee too, and yes, spinning back kicks and turning side kicks to death too. They're beatable, the really good ones are annoying though, so yeah, I might stick to playing with friends from now on once I get the black belt.

I like playing as random fighters, but I don't really care about my win-loss record........it was horrid in Undisputed 3 lol

Can always just play unranked

MickeyPhree

Is there some secret to actually getting a submission started? TAke down plus r1 quarter circle and nothing happens. Not even the animation of the guy trying to escape the hold.

First mma game since ufc back on the Dreamcast.

Coolade

Is there some secret to actually getting a submission started? TAke down plus r1 quarter circle and nothing happens. Not even the animation of the guy trying to escape the hold.

First mma game since ufc back on the Dreamcast.

Not every fighter has a submission from certain positions. You'll find you're able to do more with submission artists. Depends on who you're using.

Man, I'm playing on normal in career mode. I am just blowing through the competition at this point. It's getting boring now.

Play on professional.

SkylineRKR

I might go Pro too. I became champion on Normal with 3 losses. The hardest fights are the very first and the very last. I had to beat Jones and he has 100 rating. I parry'd here and there and body shot him until he went down halfway through the second round. I did get both KO and Fight of the night awards.

On Normal you can abuse the game with body shots and submissions.

Top Bottom