• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay listing of the year

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230413042200

It's up to $132.50

Any hunches as to what they are?? Before someone bid on it the 'buy it now' price was $19.99.

mctcnn.jpg

30t5nja.jpg

33uxuur.jpg

2ynjus4.jpg

The seller recently added the following:
- Winner get's an extra N64 game, and candy.
- 20% of the proceeds go to Child's Play

72 Bids
36 Bidders

Other Gaffers attempts:
Drkirby said:
Alright, decided to try a variation at this. May go over great, may end up costing me a bit in the end if I get no one or a single bigger. Behold...

The Mysteriously Blank Multicolored Gameboy Cart!!!

11htrg1.png

10efq84.png

98t3k5.png

Since this is mostly in jest, I set it up to have Free Shipping, and 75% of the final auction amount will go to Toys for Tots. I have only left a single clue (I think at least) on the page as to what the game really is, though I may slip up and say what it is before the auction is over or something :lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220529005282
Mysteriously Blank Shiny Gameboy Advance Cartridge

2u62qyq.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120508232278

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There, short and simple enough for ya? It's gonna be a risky, intense bidding war. And who knows what the game is? It could kick ass, could be a bargain... could totally suck. Whaddya say bro? Join me, let's see how far we can take this. And for you there, holding the mouse? Place your bid. Let the auction begin!

ITS NO MORE HEROES SIXTY FOUR

Oreoleo

Firestorm said:
It's Super Smash Bros.

Yup. Once you notice the disclaimer that he's left a "clue" as to what game it is, the actual clue sticks out like a sore thumb. Both of them, actually.

Einbroch said:
This.

He said there's a clue, and he used the word "bro".

And "you there, holding the mouse."

edit: lol and final destination. Didn't notice that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
OrellioAnd "you there said:
That's a No More Heroes reference; "And you there, holding the Wii Remote". That whole paragraph is.

Firestorm

Orellio said:
That's the one that kinda tipped me off. Didn't even notice the other two. I just saw the meme, "there's a clue on this page" and didn't understand why someone would make it that obvious.

Worst eBay listing of the year.
Someone buy my item instead. Some guy from China is winning and I don't want to ship to China (nor did I say I would ship to China).

Oreoleo

EatChildren said:
That's a No More Heroes reference; "And you there, holding the Wii Remote". That whole paragraph is.

Really? Seemed like an obvious Pikachu reference to me, but I haven't played NMH so what do I know.

MisterHero

Orellio said:
Yup. Once you notice the disclaimer that he's left a "clue" as to what game it is, the actual clue sticks out like a sore thumb. Both of them, actually.

And "you there, holding the mouse."

:lol

I recognize the progession

Paypal Only
No refunds
No returns
Final Destination

Fox Only
No Items
Final Destination

HUELEN10

.:Wesker:. said:
Why would you be sad? SSB is a beast of a game.
Because I'm getting it on VC, thus making it the superior version of the game. That's why. :D

I hope the seller is just making bogus clues to hide the fact that it's Superman 64 for some other bullshit. Wouldn't surprise me. :lol

UFRA

HUELEN10 said:
I AM THE HIGHEST BIDDER!
xgcwmt.png

No one else bid on this, I'm gonna take this one for the team! :D

Wait, what the hell?

Did you photoshop your name into that as a fake current bid leader?

In the bid history there's not even a person with a name starting with the letter "H". or ending with a "0". :lol

Costanza

Banned
UFRA said:
Wait, what the hell?

Did you photoshop your name into that as a fake current bid leader?

In the bid history there's not even a person with a name starting with the letter "H". or ending with a "0". :lol
It doesn't show real usernames on that page.

HUELEN10

What I want to know is how he got the label and sticky residue off completely. That shit's shiny!
Goo Gone or canola oil, and good old isopropyl alky! That's how I'd do it anyways...

kuYuri

That last clue totally gives it away that it's Super Smash Bros. :lol

Unless of course they threw that in there to throw you off.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Keyser Soze said:
Gaffer needs to win. and I need to know what this is. I would bid, but it is a NSTC cart :(

A recorded first impression would be amazing to watch :lol

MisterHero

Strider2K99 said:
That last clue totally gives it away that it's Super Smash Bros. :lol

Unless of course they threw that in there to throw you off.
Seller name = UrbanZombie

It could be either RE2, or RE0 prototype!

I don't think RE3 was released on N64
Yep you're right, my bad. :lol

bridegur

Keyser Soze said:
Gaffer needs to win. and I need to know what this is. I would bid, but it is a NSTC cart :(

My Guess:

Silicon_Valley_Artwork.jpg

Anyone would be lucky to get this game. It's a crime that it's not on VC.

Top Bottom