• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay listing of the year

So I noticed. I am now considering my options and when and if I will strike again. Then again, I'm doing this for you guys so lemme know if it's one of you guys since I'm not looking to get into a bidding war with another gaffer - we're on the same side!

On Dec-18-09 at 22:36:24 PST, seller added the following information:

NOTE: This game is not shitty
1zvv704.jpg

I don't believe that for a second.

Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing.

I AM JOHN! said:
I don't believe that for a second.

Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing. Please be Beetle Adventure Racing.

... So you can spend like $50 or something for a $5 game?

I mean, I kind of understand the attraction for people with the money to waste, but still, it's silly. :)

... I did buy a Genesis cart with no label earlier this year though, in a local store. It was an EA cart with the yellow tab, but that's all I knew... was hoping for one of their non-sports games, but it ended up being NHL '96. But the difference is, I only paid like $3, so I didn't mind. But if the amount it's costing doesn't matter, then sure, whatever. :)

A Black Falcon said:
... So you can spend like $50 or something for a $5 game?

I mean, I kind of understand the attraction for people with the money to waste, but still, it's silly. :)

... I did buy a Genesis cart with no label earlier this year though, in a local store. It was an EA cart with the yellow tab, but that's all I knew... was hoping for one of their non-sports games, but it ended up being NHL '96. But the difference is, I only paid like $3, so I didn't mind. But if the amount it's costing doesn't matter, then sure, whatever. :)
If it really is Super Smash Bros. they you'd be saving money at $22.

>PayPal only
>No refunds
>No returns
>Final Destination

Yeah it's Smash Bros.

For those who don't know it's from that meme

Fox only
No items
Final Destination

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, decided to try a varation at this. May go over great, may end up costing me a bit in the end if I get no one or a single bigger. Behold...

The Mysteriously Blank Multicolored Gameboy Cart!!!

11htrg1.png

10efq84.png

98t3k5.png

Since this is mostly in jest, I set it up to have Free Shipping, and 75% of the final auction amount will go to Toys for Tots. I have only left a single clue (I think at least) on the page as to what the game really is, though I may slip up and say what it is before the auction is over or something :lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220529005282

I AM JOHN! said:
Lest we forget, I am no longer the highest bidder here. :p

But are you going to bid again, that is the question...

.:Wesker:. said:
If it really is Super Smash Bros. they you'd be saving money at $22.

Sure, but it's got nearly seven days to go. I imagine the price is going to keep going up, the question is how high.

Drkirby said:
Alright, decided to try a varation at this. May go over great, may end up costing me a bit in the end if I get no one or a single bigger. Behold...

The Mysteriously Blank Multicolored Gameboy Cart!!!

Since this is mostly in jest, I set it up to have Free Shipping, and 75% of the final auction amount will go to Toys for Tots. I have only left a single clue (I think at least) on the page as to what the game really is, though I may slip up and say what it is before the auction is over or something :lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220529005282
* Bionic Commando
* Darkwing Duck
* Duck Tales
* Duck Tales 2
* Gargoyle's Quest
* Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge
* Mega Man II (Game Boy)
* Mega Man III (Game Boy)
* Mega Man IV (Game Boy)
* Mega Man V (Game Boy)
* Mickey's Dangerous Chase
* Street Fighter II
* TaleSpin
* Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Any of those would be quite nice. If I find my gameboy I may bid on it but until then....

HUELEN10

Plywood said:
I better win and it better not be FFTA.
You read the auction, you are in no place to be making demands sir. :p
.:Wesker:. said:
Animal cruelty?

Pokemon?
I ain't saying nothing to nobody. Any and all clues are on the listing, no more will be provided.

OMG Aero said:
Or you can just get it on Virtual Console for less than half that.
Playin' N64 games on VC isn't nearly as nostalgic! You don't get to feel the N64 controller, blow into the cartridge to get it to come on, etc.

Well, now we can't expect to get this for a somewhat cheap price now that shitty Rumortaku has glommed onto this. Sucks.

And for the record, my price ceiling was $30 shipped. $30 is the bid right now. :\

I guess you ARE man enough, because now you've gone and bid TOO much. You've forced me to get all 'bro-like' and therefore I am now

1. Giving the winning bidder an extra N64 game, which will also go unnamed (there's a big TWEEEEEEST)
2. Giving 20% of the proceeds to Child's Play

LOOK AT THAT, I'M NOT THE GRINCH AFTER ALL. (HURR DURR)

:lol :lol

HUELEN10

So he is giving to charity? That's our bit! :lol He stole out bit!

Oddly enough, we all chose different charities.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HUELEN10 said:
Hey Dr. Kirby, are you gonna reveal your game after the auction? I am gonna reveal mine.
Only if a Gaffer doesn't win. If a Gaffer wins it, he should be the one to reveal it to the world!

Also, come on, bid on the GB game! If the auction ends at $4, that won't even cover the cost of the envelope to send the game.

Don't forget, you get a free golf pencil too!

HUELEN10

Slayer-33 said:
If i bought it I would NOT play it and unveil it live streamed somewhere (on Jan 2nd) and get $$$ :lol
Why would you get $$$? Better yet, why would you THINK you would get $$$?

:lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
HUELEN10 said:
Why would you get $$$? Better yet, why would you THINK you would get $$$?

:lol

dunno lol

buy a domain
promote it
get a streaming service
ad revenue/referral (linking hottest new games of Dec tied with an exclusive sponsor aka amazon that would cover all of the costs because of the publicity/traffic)
????
profit

bad idea?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HUELEN10 said:
People BUY golf pencils?!?!?!?!??!!?

:O

You learn something new and/or shocking every day! Mind Blown.
Well, they come from someplace. I felt it was rude to constantly take the Golf Pencils from the Library, so I bought a box when I saw them. They should last for school for the next year or two, and be floating around my home for the next two decades.

Q: If the amount goes over $100, will you bump the Child's Play donation to 60-80%?
A: Probably. Who would pay $100 for two N64 games and a pack of candy though? (Yes, a pack of candy is now part of the winnings)

Make me proud internet!:lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
On one hand, I find guessing games fun. On the other hand, what second-hand N64 game could possibly be worth this amount of money? Maybe there are rare N64 carts out there worth much money for collectors, but I think in this case it's kinda obvious it's not a rare cart, and would typically fetch for much less on eBay. The seller realizes this and adds other stuff to the auction in order to feel less like ripping people off perhaps, but I can't help to think the buyer would feel quite a bit of remorse when it turns out to be an ordinary, common N64 game.

Tempy said:
On one hand, I find guessing games fun. On the other hand, what second-hand N64 game could possibly be worth this amount of money? Maybe there are rare N64 carts out there worth much money for collectors, but I think in this case it's kinda obvious it's not a rare cart, and would typically fetch for much less on eBay. The seller realizes this and adds other stuff to the auction in order to feel less like ripping people off perhaps, but I can't help to think the buyer would feel quite a bit of remorse when it turns out to be an ordinary, common N64 game.
What would be an extraordinary and uncommon N64 game?

ryan-ts

HUELEN10 said:
I just realized something. Dr.Kirby, the N64 guy, and myself are all from Florida!

:O

G, A, or F indeed. :lol

Maybe you're all long lost brothers too, or maybe you're a set of clones from some french science project.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can the OP add my Gameboy game to the OP :lol

If more people don't bid on it, it won't even cover the shipping. Heck, its not high enough to cover the bubble mailer ;-;

Top Bottom