• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring has sold 20 million copies

Kataploom

Gold Member
And compared to Animal Crossing / Pokemon…

God of War isn’t rated E For Everyone.
God of War is sold at a far higher average price.
God of War doesn’t have the Japanese market.
God of War is not available on a portable gaming system thus it cannot be played on the go.

Now do you realize how dumb these qualifiers are?

The point is… if you think it’s fair to compare Animal Crossing to God of War, but somehow Candy Crush cannot be compared to Animal Crossing, then you are simply in an extremely delusional state and you do that in order to make yourself feel better about the things you like and the things you don’t.
What? Do you know those games get discounted and bundled to the moon and back to reach numbers? AC and Pokemon sell whatever at full price for years.

Also the rest of your points... they sound like "excusing GOW for selling less" lol.

ER won't be discounted anytime soon btw, FROM games also sell a lot at high prices.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Even with my expectations sky high, it still destroyed them.

At 33, with a demanding full-time job, a wife, and a packed social calendar, I put 160 hours into it in 3 weeks. I was either eating, sleeping, working, or playing Elden Ring.

It's pretty difficult to overstate just how amazing it is. I've never played something that felt so grand before.

I still think Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 have fewer flaws (hell, BB is a perfect game outside of technical issues) but those games are significantly less ambitious than ER.

Very well deserved.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I am sceptical about dlc announcement. Given that dlc needs to be quite big, for fans not to be disappointed, then it might be better to just do elden ring 2 and go for 20 million+. Dlc generally doesn't make nearly as much as it costs to make.
There is 100% going to be DLC.

Tallahassee

qFIBnHq.jpg

thanks to BIG CLINTON

Top Bottom