• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Releases June 21, 2024 | Pre Orders Now Available

Damn, just pre-ordered the collectors edition. I never do stuff like that. The boss design for the statue is so damn good though. And it's very possibly my favorite game ever, it'd be fun to get all the goodies.

Near $300 all told though is a lot. I'll definitely keep it for now at least. The hype has got me!

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Did they say yet if you need to be in endgame to play this?

I finished, platinumed, but then recently started NG+, so I don't know if I'm locked out of this for now?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
IGN - Miyazaki: "And again, to our more hardcore players, they will find optional bosses who have been tuned in a similar way to the likes of Malenia, who I'm sure you remember from the base game, who are not crucial."

I have to change my name to LetMeSoloHim now.
I'm all for it! I loved Malenia fight!

Boralf

So $40 is 2/3 of 60. So if the base game is 120 hours to beat, the expansion should be 80 hours to beat right? But because they don't need to build the expansion from scratch it's probably around 150 hours long. So I'm expecting 200 hours at least to beat it.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It takes place in a brand new area of a brand new map, which includes a similar structure to the original game: field areas, legacy dungeons, and other dungeons of varying scale. "In terms of pure surface area, you could think of something larger even than Limgrave in the base game," said Miyazaki.

I'm happy to read that the new area isn't absolutely enormous like Liurnia - that makes me confident that the DLC will be dense with fresh content instead of having tons of aimless, empty space like certain parts of the base game.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Did anyone who pre-ordered the collector's get a charge on their card? The site says they don't charge until near the shipping date. A temp charge at order I hope?

Buff Crossbows. Reduce ammo acquisition from 600 runes to 10 runes. Also fix the camera. Thanks.
Just farm the giant birds near the site of grace at palace approach of Mohg's castle. You aggro them from the cliff, they run off the ledge below and you get thousands of runes.

The rapid fire crossbow with status inflicting bolts is already a boss killer. Much more so then the lousy bows. It helps if you pair it with a shield.

Last edited:
U.S. collectors editions are live but just saw only a voucher for the DLC included, no base game, and everything else is digital as well. No thanks.

tmlDan

Damn, just pre-ordered the collectors edition. I never do stuff like that. The boss design for the statue is so damn good though. And it's very possibly my favorite game ever, it'd be fun to get all the goodies.

Near $300 all told though is a lot. I'll definitely keep it for now at least. The hype has got me!
That's ridiculously overpriced, but its a sick statue ngl

Draugoth

Gold Member
People that can buy Collectors Editions are so lucky. Completely out of reach for people like me.

Maybe if i won the lottery xD

Either way, i will pre order this myself for my birthday

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just farm the giant birds near the site of grace at palace approach of Mohg's castle. You aggro them from the cliff, they run off the ledge below and you get thousands of runes.
Not interested in playing Duck Hunt. Using exploits like these just sucks the fun out of the game. Thanks though!

ungalo

Very boring but i guess it's just me at this point. Obviously it's DLC, it's all fine. But i hope they're going to make something entirely different next because gaming is a borefest.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Well, at least Miyazaki directly confirms that none of their current projects or those planned in the near future is ER related:

We don't have any current plans to make a second DLC or a sequel, but we definitely don't want to snuff out that possibility.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

The rapid fire crossbow with status inflicting bolts is already a boss killer. Much more so then the lousy bows. It helps if you pair it with a shield.
Not anymore. Its no longer a simple "shoot rest repeat." That's been fixed. It can still be done, but it takes quite a bit longer and you have to shoot multiple times.

Last edited:

Cancelled the order...

BECAUSE

I realized that I may be waiting ten days for my Erdtree PS5 DLC code to arrive and that's not gonna fly. So I just bought a Steam version instead. I own ER there, just haven't played much. So when my statue finally arrives I'm well into it on PS5 and my PC double dip is complete.

Still might get cold feet though...

S0ULZB0URNE

Again more of the same, no imagination, nothing new, will see on sale at 5€. The base game was alright but was already "again more of the same" like all their releases since many years...
UkK2YQ3.gif

SenkiDala

I am honestly convinced that some people just want to bitch and are incapable of being pleased.

I seriously don't get it.
Come on a forum is made for this, giving your opinion, I just gave mine...

GIiX0pE.png

I don't dislike this game it was good, but it's ALWAYS the same bosses, with the same designs, same patterns...

I play those games since the early days of Demon's Souls on PS3 (that I also plated, and I am not at all a trophy hunter, I don't care) and after playing almost the same games at every release since almost 15 years, yes, to my liking, it is becoming annoying and I don't enjoy those games as much as I used to do.

GHG

Come on a forum is made for this, giving your opinion, I just gave mine...

GIiX0pE.png

I don't dislike this game it was good, but it's ALWAYS the same bosses, with the same designs, same patterns...

I play those games since the early days of Demon's Souls on PS3 (that I also plated, and I am not at all a trophy hunter, I don't care) and after playing almost the same games at every release since almost 15 years, yes, to my liking, it is becoming annoying and I don't enjoy those games as much as I used to do.

There's a simple solution for you here:

You can just play other games.

devutos

Neo Member
"In terms of pure surface area, you could think of something larger even than Limgrave in the base game," said Miyazaki.
Honestly I was expecting something at least 2 or even 3 times larget than Limgrave, considering how long development took.

That said, I'm looking forward to the legacy dungeons a lot more than the open world stuff, so as long as there's a good number of those (at least 2, and as awesome as Leyndell), I'm good.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Honestly I was expecting something at least 2 or even 3 times larget than Limgrave, considering how long development took.

That said, I'm looking forward to the legacy dungeons a lot more than the open world stuff, so as long as there's a good number of those (at least 2, and as awesome as Leyndell), I'm good.
the article claims the map is more dense with locations ,

The DLC is getting physical copy? or is it bundle with base game?
I have a feeling that it might get a physical release as well (no reason not to considering how popular Elden Ring is). I bought the PS4 launch edition as it ran better than the PS5 version, but I might get PS5 physical for this one even if the frame-rate might not be as stable as the PS4 version.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

Good god it looks so incredible. The complete game will be this generation’s Witcher 3 with all its dlc. Miyazaki showing everyone how to do it right.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
"In terms of pure surface area, you could think of something larger even than Limgrave in the base game," said Miyazaki.
This just means overworld and likely doesn't include dungeons so his statement is a bit deceptive. For $40 this is probably a meaty expansion.

Just means they added a new zone to the game packed with dungeons/bosses/stuff and could easily also have above ground and underground maps.

Top Bottom