• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Releases June 21, 2024 | Pre Orders Now Available

MagnesD3

Rewatching the trailer now for some details.

Could this

RT5lf8J.jpg

Be pre-Shadowrealm Miquella? It's obvious he whisks us to the shadow realm which is seemingly an alternate universe or the past or something. Maybe he crawls out of Mohg's egg and this is him trying to pull the gold alloy barbs out that Mohg used to bleed him. He's the avatar of Abundance, so I always assumed he was just in a catatonic state inside the egg. You see him at the end in his full golden glowy form, but I'm betting this is right after he leaves the egg.

Good call, he's got the serpent eyes too. Wonder if he's like an alt universe young Rykard or Rykard/Tanith's son.
mz9J8XW.jpg
Im pretty confident that he is a miscarried child of Rykard and Tanith but he lives/is the lord in the Shadow world, or this Shadow world is a mirror world of sorts with that has different events that played out. Miquella has a plan to use the Shadow world for something is all I know.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Looks absolutely amazing as expected. Too tired to attempt to dissect the trailer for myself today, waiting for that inevitable VaatiVidya. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Fake

Godskin is more of everything though with the connection to the crucible. The serpent imagery, the eyes, red hair from radagon for the rykert connection too much to ignore imo.

I mean, could be a person workshiping to Godskin.

The red hair can be related to being Radagon son, not necessarily Rykard.

I mean, the giant also have red hair, no?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Let me use this moment to remind - GOD DAMNIT PLAY THIS GAME WITH HDR !!!
Looks stunning on oled!
(Also - You can see my late and early build comparison. Screenshots are like 70 hours apart)
(pic to showcase relative hdr)

XP85bcO.jpeg

JHddacD.jpeg

I have a feeling that it might get a physical release as well (no reason not to considering how popular Elden Ring is). I bought the PS4 launch edition as it ran better than the PS5 version, but I might get PS5 physical for this one even if the frame-rate might not be as stable as the PS4 version.
So... I was kinda half wrong on this Danjin44 Danjin44 . There will be a physical release as well, but the DLC will be a voucher/download code and most likely the disc will contain the same old Elden Ring game build. Fml Bamco... 🙃

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So... I was kinda half wrong on this Danjin44 Danjin44 . There will be a physical release as well, but the DLC will be a voucher/download code and most likely the disc will contain the same old Elden Ring game build. Fml Bamco... 🙃

That what I figured.....This not like Torna Golden Country DLC in Xenoblade 2 which was in separate menu.

You access Shadow of the Erdtree through the based game.

That what I figured.....This not like Torna Golden Country DLC in Xenoblade 2 which was in separate menu.

You access Shadow of the Erdtree through the based game.
Yeah, but the DLC being a voucher code is annoying, especially as Bandai Namco previously made a GOTY version of Dark Souls 3 with all the DLC included on the disc. :lollipop_pensive:

So there's no real point in getting this new version if you already have the physical edition of the base game, just get Shadow of the Erdtree directly from PSN (at least that's what I plan on doing).

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, but the DLC being a voucher code is annoying, especially as Bandai Namco previously made a GOTY version of Dark Souls 3 with all the DLC included on the disc. :lollipop_pensive:

So there's no real point in getting this version if you already have the physical version of the base game, just get Shadow of Erdree directly from PSN (at least that's what I plan on doing).
Yeah I'm gonna just do the same.

Pejo

I just noticed the thing with the weird beast head that couldn't keep its jaw shut was 2 dudes, one standing on top of the other, doing a Chinese Lion-dance type thing with a hollowed out shadow-bound beast torso.

Fuckin' cool.

kungfuian

No Shadow of the Erdtree Edition for steam? Right now only seeing them separately which means $100 vs. $80. I have base game on PS5 but would like to play on my higher specced rig, it's only $20 but still sucks. Maybe they'll add the option to Steam later?

MagnesD3

No Shadow of the Erdtree Edition for steam? Right now only seeing them separately which means $100 vs. $80. I have base game on PS5 but would like to play on my higher specced rig, it's only $20 but still sucks. Maybe they'll add the option to Steam later?
Search it in the search bar and you should find it

I can't wait for more Elden Ring, and the June release date will hopefully see me through the summer drought.

I'm getting Sekiro vibes from the scene set in the glowing blue field, but the whole art style is phenomenal - nobody does that mix of creepy/beautiful/oppressive like From does.

winjer

Gold Member
And people complain FROM games are not "high tech" enough. Look at this aesthetics, most high budget games with high tech graphics can't even come close to this.

But they are not.
In technical terms alone, From Software is very lacking.
But their artists are god tier. Despite having such a lackluster engine to work with, those artists are doping miracles.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
But they are not.
In technical terms alone, From Software is very lacking.
But their artists are god tier. Despite having such a lackluster engine to work with, those artists are doping miracles.

Art design destroys graphical fidelity every single time.

See also Tears Of The Kingdom.

Top Bottom