• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Releases June 21, 2024 | Pre Orders Now Available

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There's a simple solution for you here:

You can just play other games.
that's incredibly ignorant.
Critique for your fav and very successful games should be welcomed.
I love ER but it's the only souls I've not replayed (yet). The game has some annoying design flaws especially around bloat repeat bosses and similar looking dungeons.
Critique allows FROM the hear this and maybe consider next time.

I would still consider this a perfect game... but not flawless. The only souls that's perfect and flawless is Sekiro. I have nothing on that game lol... It's far from my fav but Sekiro is one of only few games I have nothing bad to say about.... ok maybe Ishin was bullshit with 4 fucking stages. But that's it

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So $40 is 2/3 of 60. So if the base game is 120 hours to beat, the expansion should be 80 hours to beat right? But because they don't need to build the expansion from scratch it's probably around 150 hours long. So I'm expecting 200 hours at least to beat it.
a6c1cb2a2b93d5fc93ef7a2f37d7a1cf9ea7fe45.gif

Raven77

Not bad looking, but that trailer yesterday with Vikings using machine guns and modern soldiers on horseback mowing down knights looked better.

I expected more.

GHG

that's incredibly ignorant.
Critique for your fav and very successful games should be welcomed.
I love ER but it's the only souls I've not replayed (yet). The game has some annoying design flaws especially around bloat repeat bosses and similar looking dungeons.
Critique allows FROM the hear this and maybe consider next time.

I would still consider this a perfect game... but not flawless. The only souls that's perfect and flawless is Sekiro. I have nothing on that game lol... It's far from my fav but Sekiro is one of only few games I have nothing bad to say about.... ok maybe Ishin was bullshit with 4 fucking stages. But that's it

He's not critiquing it though, he's just repeatedly saying he doesn't want to play this type of game anymore.

That's not helpful in the slightest.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
He's not critiquing it though, he's just repeatedly saying he doesn't want to play this type of game anymore.

That's not helpful in the slightest.
well yeah. true. but I can see he would hope for this game to change to his needs... which is kinda backwards ass thinking

Last edited:

TheStam

Imagine if they could add Ultrawide support on PC, I'd pay another 20 for that.

There are mods, but Souls in offline mode is no fun, I need my but whole jokes *slaps knee*

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Come on a forum is made for this, giving your opinion, I just gave mine...

GIiX0pE.png

I don't dislike this game it was good, but it's ALWAYS the same bosses, with the same designs, same patterns...

I play those games since the early days of Demon's Souls on PS3 (that I also plated, and I am not at all a trophy hunter, I don't care) and after playing almost the same games at every release since almost 15 years, yes, to my liking, it is becoming annoying and I don't enjoy those games as much as I used to do.

That is disingenuous/hyperbolic at best. The vast majority of bosses have different movesets and designs. A handful of reused bosses for optional mini crypts does not make it “always”.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Come on a forum is made for this, giving your opinion, I just gave mine...

GIiX0pE.png

I don't dislike this game it was good, but it's ALWAYS the same bosses, with the same designs, same patterns...

I play those games since the early days of Demon's Souls on PS3 (that I also plated, and I am not at all a trophy hunter, I don't care) and after playing almost the same games at every release since almost 15 years, yes, to my liking, it is becoming annoying and I don't enjoy those games as much as I used to do.

Reusing of enemies is a common trope in open world games. I was still surprised by the enemy variety in Elden Ring despite the enemy recicling.

Alebrije

"In terms of pure surface area, you could think of something larger even than Limgrave in the base game," said Miyazaki.
If it has 3 layers like Zelda would be fine.

I would be pleased if at some point you Discover an "elevator" a start descending and for like 20 seconds it keeps descending ....something Big is comming...

Gideon

Hopefully they gonna release a patch that adds a few bosses to the main game to tide us over until june 🙏

Elios83

Looks great although at this point after two years I need to relearn how to play and I forgot many details of the story/lore.
This is always the thing I hate in general with late DLCs.

Last edited:
Looks great although at this point after two years I need to relearn how to play and I forgot many details of the story/lore.
This is always the thing I hate in general with late DLCs.
I'm planning for the hype to overtake me a couple weeks before release and to jump back in and relearn everything in that time frame.

I'll even have an objective of finding and killing this Morg guy so I can access the DLC.

So do we think we have to beat Mohg to access this dlc? I finished the game but I don't think I ever fought Mohg. Probably going to try and do it right now....

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
So do we think we have to beat Mohg to access this dlc? I finished the game but I don't think I ever fought Mohg. Probably going to try and do it right now....

And which Mohg we talkin here? Mohg The Omen (which Ive beaten) or Shardbearer Mohg (Which I have not)

Fake

And which Mohg we talkin here? Mohg The Omen (which Ive beaten) or Shardbearer Mohg (Which I have not)

Lord of Blood. Is the only way to acess the cocoon.

But as I mention, there is an short acess to his castle if you follow the quest of the first guy you encounter, the one with a rose boquet.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Love this design

Agreed. Also gives me Full Metal Alchemist Vibes which is always a bonus.

NPmhPOF.png

Also...$40 dollars for 2 years worth of development content is too much? My namesake aside (more like GIFLore...amirite?!?!) how can folks complain about this? Outside of NOT being an ARPG fan (which....sure...shit on it all you want when your chatting with your fortnite gaggle) but to assume they are just "reusing all the assets and charging you more" is infantile.

$40 will end up being a STEAL for this content while I willingly forked over $292.34 for this dlc.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Forgot about this, so it was a nice surprised to come home to.

I'm hyped for the weapons, designs, and story. What is this new faction?

But those weapons. J'adore unique weapons movesets, and this looks like all sorts of uniqueness. Bring it on.

I'm glad that I get time to build a new PC, too. Thanks for the heads up, Miyazaki.

I'm pretty sure the enemy animation at 2:15 is Gaping Dragon's charge

The melee kicks look like fun and I will 1000% do a run with just that weapon (alongside every other unique)

I'm still very curious about this mysterious faction/family that are against the Graceless. Odds on them being who killed Godfrey?

Last edited:

Pejo

Finally got to see the trailer, been busy all morning. Looks great. I love the new enemy designs.

Do we think that the "featured" redhead gladiator character is a bastard of Radagon?

MagnesD3

Finally got to see the trailer, been busy all morning. Looks great. I love the new enemy designs.

Do we think that the "featured" redhead gladiator character is a bastard of Radagon?
With the Serpent Im inclined to believe he is connected with Rykard.

Jedi0608

This looks so fucking good. Now I gotta figure out whether to continue with either my dual spear dex build, faith/blasphemous blade build or strength bonk stick build. My dumbass will probably just start a new game right now, beat the game in 3-4 weeks and then ask the question again. First world problems y’all! Gaming looking tasty again in 2024.

Pejo

Rewatching the trailer now for some details.

Could this

RT5lf8J.jpg

Be pre-Shadowrealm Miquella? It's obvious he whisks us to the shadow realm which is seemingly an alternate universe or the past or something. Maybe he crawls out of Mohg's egg and this is him trying to pull the gold alloy barbs out that Mohg used to bleed him. He's the avatar of Abundance, so I always assumed he was just in a catatonic state inside the egg. You see him at the end in his full golden glowy form, but I'm betting this is right after he leaves the egg.

With the Serpent Im inclined to believe he is connected with Rykard.
Good call, he's got the serpent eyes too. Wonder if he's like an alt universe young Rykard or Rykard/Tanith's son.
mz9J8XW.jpg

Top Bottom