• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING Shadow of the Erdtree will have no new trophies

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

thief183

Good, so I don't have to play it for the plat, after sekiro and nioh, I'm starting to hate the slow and methodical combat, still an awesome game but don't wanna play it another time (finished it 3 times already)

I love trophies, as long as they work as a sort of checklist of things to do. As a completionist, it gives an overview of what stuff I’m missing to experience all or most of the game. The “play this game and finish it in 45 minutes without taking damage” kind of trophy don’t work for me, but the “see X ending”, “see Y ending”, “Uncover the secret of Z” kind of trophy work for me more.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
From Software never puts trophies into their DLC campaigns. Dark Souls 2 and 3 didn't have trophies either in the respective DLCs. I think it's a bit sad personally as I love getting trophies for beating hard bosses, but it is what it is.

FeralEcho

From Software never puts trophies into their DLC campaigns. Dark Souls 2 and 3 didn't have trophies either in the respective DLCs. I think it's a bit sad personally as I love getting trophies for beating hard bosses, but it is what it is.
You know what,I always remember the Old Hunters dlc trophies but you're right...every Souls game expansion has never had trophies which shocks me now that I realise since they are huge expansions compared to other games with way shorter dlcs yet with trophies.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh no. Without a small notification popping up in the corner of my screen, how will I possibly feel any sense of validation over a boss I've just beaten?

Over It Eye Roll GIF by Friends

Or people just enjoy having another thing for 100% collectible and having it appear on their account. Shocking that people may like different things, I know. Not everything is about finding a "sense of validation" like your strawman suggests.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
$40 for only 16 GB of gameplay and no new trophies... :messenger_pensive:
File size has nothing to do how much gameplay in the game, Hellblade 2 file size is 70 GB but game its around 7 hours long.

File size has more to do with quality asset rather than how long the game is.....Elden Ring 2 years old cross gen game, so its file size is not gonna be anywhere big as current gen games.

Fahdis

I find people who complain about trophies/achievements absolutely more annoying than those who are mad about them. Like who the fuck cares how people play. You can turn off your notifications for them. Let people play how they want.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Sometimes I like trophies, sometimes I don't care about them. I go in phases. That said, really stupid to not include a few for those that do care. Was it really a lot of extra work to program a few triggers and write up some trophy text? I guess they'd have to create some trophy icons? Can't be more than like a few hours of work for one person.

Top Bottom