• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree | Preview Thread

Akuji

when i build my home theatre i put off elden ring and other games because is said " when its done im gonna play "
now i realize that playing 100hour long games are not great in a home theatre setting. Sound is super nice but sitting in the dark for 20 hours etc is not the way.

Will build a pc living room setup with the 5000 series cards. so i will hold on elden ring + dlc until then.
Cant wait, have played elden ring for like 10-15hours, cant remember. Great game. Gonna be sick on 4k Oled monitor.

Have played elden ring on PC as well, having a fast monitor makes the game so much easier then playing on a projector ... and i even have a good one for gaming, 30-35ms input latency :p

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I just started playing a new runthrough a month ago and that's exactly where I am as well.. I'm gonna need to start over and just play through once.
The problem boss is Mohg for me to start over. I've got radahn down pretty good.

Anybody know if Kadokawa has give any sales figures for this game? Last I heard, it was at 23 million, but I feel like the expansion is going to push it past 30 million. The hype is palpable, and I just love to see FromSoftware winning.

The problem boss is Mohg for me to start over. I've got radahn down pretty good.
Ironically he is very weak to bleed. Also, that special tear you get from killing Eleonara really helps getting through the Nihil-phase. Mohg's Shackle is another useful tool.

Reactions: GHG

Lux R7

I'm happy to have created a new character for the DLC, I'm having fun making a new build, taking my sweet time to be ready when this masterpiece drops.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just finished my new playthrough for preparation for this DLC……Thrusting Swords has become my new favourite weapons.
b73ee7d8019c1212689d7c84128ee65e0628921f.gif

stickkidsam

Gold Member
Holding off on watching anything, but do we know if the hand to hand combat scales from strength or dex?

My new character is a dex/int build and I’m DYING to punch bad guys!

Nankatsu

Do I want to try this out? Yes.

Do I have the strength to go back to such game? I honestly don't think so, at least for now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do I want to try this out? Yes.

Do I have the strength to go back to such game? I honestly don't think so, at least for now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I have the opposite problem of I just can’t stop playing this…for some reason I have unhealthy addiction to this game.

I make character do 2-3 playthroughs then start entire new character for new build, I did this around 6 times by now…I feel like I should be burn out but every time I start a new characters I get strangely addicted.

Last edited:
I have the opposite problem of I just can’t stop playing this…for some reason I have unhealthy addiction to this game.

I make character do 2-3 playthroughs then start entire new character for new build, I did this around 6 times by now…I feel like I should be burn out but every time I start a new characters I get strangely addicted.
I played it for close to 900 hours over two years. While having a kid and a job that consumes my free time. I finished it probably 20 times with all kinds of builds. It did something to my brain. I'd zone out in the supermarket just thinking of the noise the Ruins Greatsword makes when it smashes into the ground. I'd watch challenge videos while on lunch break. I finally shook it off in November... and now this... it's Joever.

Last edited:

Hudo

Anybody know if Kadokawa has give any sales figures for this game? Last I heard, it was at 23 million, but I feel like the expansion is going to push it past 30 million. The hype is palpable, and I just love to see FromSoftware winning.
I think Bamco are the ones keeping track of the sales figures.

"You might say that trying to capture that excitement of those old tabletop games and game books was one facet of making Elden Ring," says Miyazaki. "But I think more than anything it's just my personal preference when it comes to RPGs and exploring fantasy worlds, so you might see some of my personal idiosyncrasies come into play. I'm still in the process of making my ideal fantasy RPG. While Elden Ring is not quite it, it's pretty close. It's getting close."

We're gonna be eating good. Can't wait

Top Bottom