• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Aztech if there isn't already, can you or someone else make a google doc where people can add their commander names if they want other gaffers to add them? I know that the group stuff isn't exactly in yet but we could at least get some friends lists populated

Aztech if there isn't already, can you or someone else make a google doc where people can add their commander names if they want other gaffers to add them? I know that the group stuff isn't exactly in yet but we could at least get some friends lists populated

Good idea as I have zero friends on my pc and know nobody who will be playing this apart from you guys aha

RulkezX

Why would that price change on release even if it was a steam version, and why would that even matter if it's a treat?

Because being on Steam would have meant it was available at other retailers and thus not an insane price for a digital only PC game, but that's OT and I don't want to shit up the thread.

Because being on Steam would have meant it was available at other retailers and thus not an insane price for a digital only PC game, but that's OT and I don't want to shit up the thread.

Do you only treat yourself to bubblegum and pixie sticks?

Kidding of course. That said, there is no way this won't eventually release on Steam. It'll happen sooner than later I'd wager. I know I would have preferred it that way too.

Seanspeed

Banned
What's the word on the expansion plans anyways? Any sort of timeline or priorities named? Are they actually working on anything yet or is it just a 'sometime in the future we want to do this' sort of thing? That might be another reason for me to wait. Want to see how much they're following through on this stuff.
Anybody?

Good idea as I have zero friends on my pc and know nobody who will be playing this apart from you guys aha

Added

Klyka

Banned

I too, like to use other sites for steam keys.

For Elite, I bought the premium beta for 150€ in February.

onken

Oh man so hovering over the buy button... I'm a bought-up Star Citizen guy - should I get this too?

rivalchild

Neo Member
Does anyone know if they sent out review codes at all? Seems like gamespot only got one quite recently. I would've thought Eurogamer would have a review up on launch day.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Awesome OT Aztec, job well done!

I have to go to work now, so I won't be able to download the game until I get home. Looking forward to playing tonight!!!! See you in space Commanders!

EDIT: Oh Shit, nevermind its installing the game now! I'll let it download while I work, woohhooooo!!!!

Seanspeed

Banned
There aren't dates or anything but first expansion is supposed to be in 2015
And what expansion will that be?

Are they working on it already?

I'm hoping to get an idea of what I can expect. Still tempted to pick this up earlier, but if this stuff is only extremely tentative or may not actually ever come, I'd rather wait.

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know if they sent out review codes at all? Seems like gamespot only got one quite recently. I would've thought Eurogamer would have a review up on launch day.

well seeing how the game has been constantly streamed for months and the entire last week or so has been a 24/7 streaming of the game, I don't even know why you would need reviews.

There are about 400 billion videos and articles on the game out already.

Klyka

Banned

I'm hoping to get an idea of what I can expect. Still tempted to pick this up earlier, but if this stuff is only extremely tentative or may not actually ever come, I'd rather wait.

It should be the "walking/floating around and space walk" expansion.

Honestly, just wait with the game, if you aren't hyped right at this moment, there is no need to jump in.
Also the expansions are actual expansion,so they cost money.

Skyzard

Banned

While I'm also excited for the upcoming content in expansions and am also worried about it at the same time, they had multiple tiers for the pre-order and I think some came with (both?) expansions - so I'd assume at the very least they'd have to refund those guys if they don't follow through...(I assume). So there will be some reasonable pressure to finish it off.

DrBo42

First expansion I believe is the ability to walk around the ship/stations.

asker

Another thing that bothered me was the apparent lack of different types of space stations. Watching the beta (gamma?) streams, I only spotted two different models for space stations. Has there been any change in this area for the full release?

Nice but don't think I could buy it even if I wanted to at this rate... site won't even load lol

Oh dear. I gave in last night and had a blast with the training modules! Check out the training videos on the site when it does work, see if that sways you one way or the other!

Klyka

Banned

Btw, there is no artificial gravity in the Elite universe. Space Stations have gravity cause they rotate, but outposts and ships won't have gravity, meaning you float around them :)

Corsick

So, would you be able to walk around in 3rd/first person and gaze out the windows of a ship and just admire the scenery while it traveled on autopilot for example?

Klyka

Banned
So, would you be able to walk around in 3rd/first person and gaze out the windows of a ship and just admire the scenery while it traveled on autopilot for example?

No third person, but first person. And you will be able to have crew/other players on bigger ships.

No idea if the ship can fly without a pilot yet

JambiBum

Another thing that bothered me was the apparent lack of different types of space stations. Watching the beta (gamma?) streams, I only spotted two different models for space stations. Has there been any change in this area for the full release?

There are a lot of different type of stations now. There are some that may be similar in shape or design but they also have unique things about them depending on where you are. Places in the same system will be the similar stylized but different from places in another system.

Klyka

Banned
There are a lot of different type of stations now. There are some that may be similar in shape or design but they also have unique things about them depending on where you are. Places in the same system will be the similar stylized but different from places in another system.

There are 3 different types of space stations that are all modular so they can all look different.

there are also outposts which are all modular and all look very varied.

rivalchild

Neo Member
well seeing how the game has been constantly streamed for months and the entire last week or so has been a 24/7 streaming of the game, I don't even know why you would need reviews.

There are about 400 billion videos and articles on the game out already.

Would be nice to read a review that talks about what the fully released game has to offer actually.

RK9039

I'm ready, where do I download the game from? I have the Combat Training thing already downloaded.

Oh sheeiiit.

Open the launcher, login at the bottom select "elite dangerous" instead of combat training and download away

Thanks, I'm in.

Brilliant OT! I stopped playing about 2 months ago, not because I didn't like it, but just because I want to experience it from the beginning, the early beta was just like massive spoilers. So I'll be firing it up the minute I wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom