• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

Really? The website says release is 4pm GMT (3.5 hours from now)

They released it earlier than expected.

Also if anyone is interested in using voice commands with the game, download voice attack. It's especially handy if you are using a flight stick.

They released it earlier than expected.

Also if anyone is interested in using voice commands with the game, download voice attack. It's especially handy if you are using a flight stick.

I use voice attack too, it's awesome, and I imagine if I had a rift, invaluable.

Klyka

Banned
Changelog for 1.0

Change log for those updating from Gamma:

- Prevent missions softlocks when switching servers from A->B->A without disconnecting from A
- Check if we should use the neutron star's version of the bolometric luminosity first to prevent soft lock
- Avoid crash in creating a location object when it hits a rare window
- Sky box view distance to reduce hyperspace times to some galaxy areas, sparser sky in distant arm regions, but most importantly no more out of memory problems

Tagging to read later. Great work!

Spent about an hour doing absolutely nothing so even though I have had the game since September ... Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpeg

Samus4145

Our review will hopefully go up by Christmas. Been playing around with the game since the Summer, but won't base any judgements until I start with the release build later tonight.

If anyone is wondering the DS4 works marvelously with the game.

JambiBum

Aztech or Klykka, do either of you know where to find gold drops from unknown sources? I remember that there used to be an area you could go to where it was kind of plentiful but I don't remember where that was now. For now I'm just making a super conductor trade route but it involves me making an extra stop for fuel since the station I trade to doesn't offer fuel.

Klyka

Banned
Aztech or Klykka, do either of you know where to find gold drops from unknown sources? I remember that there used to be an area you could go to where it was kind of plentiful but I don't remember where that was now. For now I'm just making a super conductor trade route but it involves me making an extra stop for fuel since the station I trade to doesn't offer fuel.

Completely random now. Don't count on that stuff.

Do missions, they give good money.
Take hauling missions and fill your remaining cargo space with commodities you can sell for profit in the system you go to. Hunt bounties. Etc...

Remember that missions give reputation with factions which leads to bette rmissions with huge payouts.

JambiBum

Completely random now. Don't count on that stuff.

Do missions, they give good money.
Take hauling missions and fill your remaining cargo space with commodities you can sell for profit in the system you go to. Hunt bounties. Etc...

Remember that missions give reputation with factions which leads to bette rmissions with huge payouts.

True. Forgot about rep. I should start doing some of the missions that give you only rep. I just don't like to stay in one system for too long though which can kind of hinder grinding for rep though.

Klyka

Banned
True. Forgot about rep. I should start doing some of the missions that give you only rep. I just don't like to stay in one system for too long though which can kind of hinder grinding for rep though.

Most missions will take you to neighboring systems only. so try to take missions that make you go back and forth or between a few systems and you'll quickly gain rank with all kinds of factions.

Here I am, watching Cosmos on one monitor, surfing gaf on the other waiting for the download of Elite:Dangerous to start. Carl Sagan smooth whispers caressing my ear hairs, his consonants hitting my audible "G" spot. All of a sudden a *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* on the door. What the fuck? It's 4:17 in the morning. Mother-in-law is at the door. Crying. Tells me the cops are on the phone. Asking me if my wife is okay? Unless some crazy space-time dilation shit happened in the process of leaving the bed and answering the door, she is. And if it did, who knows what the fuck that even means? Crying "she's dead" in that weird it's loud but it's quiet at 4 a.m. kinda way. Balling her precious heart out. Hands me the phone. Police ask me the situation. I lay that shit down, brief explanation of what schizophrenia is, what she does to combat it's affects and why she is having an issue. Lady asks me for some personal info. Give all that shit and ask if everything is okay, because after dealing with her, I gotta deal with a crying 60 y/o woman, and hopefully, if I'm smooth as fuck, not the wife as well. She tells me 2 cops are on the way. I hang up the phone and go turn the lights on. Sure enough 2 Cops show up. My mother thinking she is in trouble goes and gathers her things and meds thinking she was gonna be arrested. Precious as fuck in a weird way. Cops come up, I separate the cops(I'll let his partner hear some of the things that will come out of her mouth) and go through the same processes of explanation as earlier with the 911 dispatch operator.

Second cop is talking to her writing down some of the paranoid thoughts she has. He say's he'll look into it. Liar. It's cool though. Ten minutes later, cops appeased and gone I ask my momma in law if she wants some tea n' shit. She say's she just wants some water and to go to bed. She says she feels better and apologizes behind some really red teary eyes. She'll be okay. Get back to the PC with Carl Sagan talking about the origin of life and light up a bowl of Red Congolese bud I picked up at the dispensary. Fuck yeah buddy, drop them knowledge bombs. I can't wait for this game to come out. I wait any longer and who knows what the hell will happen.

Yep yep. Excite!

Natively or are you using an Xinput emulator (PS4Tool etc.)?

Would like to know this too. I'm using my 360 pad but would much prefer using my dualshock 4. Can you get it to work wirelessly with Bluetooth? I don't have Bluetooth on my pc but I guess I could grab an adapter? If it's too much hassle then 360 pad will do

DrTeflon

Yes, yes yes yes yes! I've been playing it since premium beta and I love it. Super excited to finally play with some friends.

la_briola

You can add the CH Products to the OT. That's what I'm using!

img_20141101_15294374zvg.jpg

Hellers

How do you tell who the real players are? Are they the ones spinning uncontrollably over the docking bay I've been assigned or the ones who fly into the station in the wrong lane while you're coming out and then shit themselves when they realise making the situation worse. Or are they the ones you see impacting on the outside of stations like some bizarre suicide cult. :)

But seriously. How do you tell?

How do you tell who the real players are? Are they the ones spinning uncontrollably over the docking bay I've been assigned or the ones who fly into the station in the wrong lane while you're coming out and then shit themselves when they realise making the situation worse. Or are they the ones you see impacting on the outside of stations like some bizarre suicide cult. :)

They are represented on your scanner as a hollow icon

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

They have CMDR in their name. NPCs do not.

Orgun

You can see one in my video here, hollow icon on the scanner. Also, check what you are interdicting before you do it. Accidentally interdicted a player hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bZmp5JhkYAE#t=24

edit: beaten

Oh and also

They have CMDR in their name. NPCs do not.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fantastic OT sir, good job.

I wonder if I should spend the day griefing noobs by ramming them out of docking ports in my Type 6. lol.

Hopefully at lunch I can snag the male to male PS/2 cable I need for the x52... Buying things half priced has its drawbacks haha. But I've got a pretty good setup using just its throttle (thank god that's the part that can be stand alone) and the ol Logitech, so even if I can't I'll still be esplorin the universe later.

ys45

Can't wait to play this tonight (or not if server are getting overloaded)
I was wondering, is there any pilot training besides the combat training ?

I had a hard time just with the second combat tutorial (although the second try was much easier)

Or I guess I can always do the first combat tutorial and practice flying on this mission and tweak my controls .

trillbo

I had a hard time just with the second combat tutorial (although the second try was much easier)

Or I guess I can always do the first combat tutorial and practice flying on this mission and tweak my controls .

The tutorials in the full game include things like docking and other non combat stuff.

Popped back home at lunchtime (the joys of living near work), 1.00 downloaded at 12:15pm and within a couple of minutes booted straight into the game, no problems. No real progress made due to time constraints, will see how I fare later tonight.

andylsun

Right on, Commander

Great OT.

Can't wait to start playing tonight. Can you add me to the NeoGAF players spreadsheet, will be andylsun

Hellers

Yes. There are couple you can do that teach you the basics. Also I love the pre-flight checklist that comes up the first time you undock. Don't think I'll be turning it on permanently though :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Logged in, game just dumped me at a random station (with no available missions to accept) with little introduction in how to do things. Flew to a different station, which had missions, did a quick cargo run and had to wait at the destination station because it was full so no docking was allowed. Finally got my slot, docked, finished the mission and logged out.

All on KB-M too, ugh :D

Fun once I get home (with proper controls)!

Edit: Added myself to the NeoGAF Player List.

ys45

Yes. There are couple you can do that teach you the basics. Also I love the pre-flight checklist that comes up the first time you undock. Don't think I'll be turning it on permanently though :)

Oh great, I can't wait to start my training then :)

Time for me to start dreaming of stars instead of seeing them. I'm glad I took a break before the launch, like others I didn't want to burn myself out too quick. I'll see you guys in the verse later.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the OT, and even more so for the great feedback and discussion. Don't hesitate to let me know if and where I made errors or if something can be improved or added. We'll continue to build it and make this a great resource for our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom