• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk sent a company wide email regarding Tesla factory conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

haven't seen so much fellatio performed in an OP only to have it followed up by a plea to fellate with the OP.

Its special, thats for sure

Spacebar

Yet again am I supposed to be impressed or something by a company letter that's a couple paragraphs long? Maybe if I see Elon Musk actually working machinery on the line I'll be a bit more impressed but as of now its just a bit of PR to me. Nice PR but that's about it.

No one is asking you to be impressed, but to dismiss this as some bull shit PR without even doing a bit of research is just makes you look dumb.

Yet again am I supposed to be impressed or something by a company letter that's a couple paragraphs long? Maybe if I see Elon Musk actually working machinery on the line I'll be a bit more impressed but as of now its just a bit of PR to me. Nice PR but that's about it.

HStallion when he sees the picture:

"Nice photo-op but shouldn't musk be spending his time solving time travel?"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No one is asking you to be impressed, but to dismiss this as some bull shit PR without even doing a bit of research is just makes you look dumb.

What research? Again its a a couple paragraphs about how he gives a shit about his employees. I've gotten dozens of those from my bosses whether they were good people or not.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;238945479 said:
HStallion when he sees the picture:

"Nice photo-op but shouldn't musk be spending his time solving time travel?"

Or maybe I'm not as blown away by an email he could have written in a couple of minutes that basically doesn't do much more than say he supports his workers.

Spacebar

What research? Again its a a couple paragraphs about how he gives a shit about his employees. I've gotten dozens of those from my bosses whether they were good people or not.

How about reading the book I mentioned earlier. There are multiple stories of Musk working on the line to get stuff done.

The Elon Musk idolizing is getting kinda weird. If he actually cared about his workers he'd allow them to unionize and maybe not accuse his workers of being union shills when they ask to represent their own interests instead of relying on the business to do it for them.

In his biography he's constantly constantly firing people and doing their jobs himself. So I guess you could say he walks the walk, albeit not always for altruistic reasons.

3N16MA

Banned
Was this thread simply created to call people ignorant and defend Musk?

You know it's possible to admire the man, it's possible to respect what he is trying to do with Tesla and SpaceX, all at the same time offering criticism and at times questioning his motives. It doesn't have to all or nothing or black or white.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Lost among the day's news about the Paris climate change accord was this email that Tesla CEO Elon Musk sent out company wide the previous day. This email has been confirmed as real by multiple employees of Tesla.

For the many people who are ignorant of this person on GAF, and we know that most of GAF is incredibly ignorant regarding him from the Elon Musk/Paris accords thread, I will offer only a brief explanation.

Musk is very well-known for being very hands-on as a manager. This goes back to his days at Paypal where he actually wrote a lot of platform code himself. He is also well-known for being very engaged at SpaceX and for basically learning advanced rocketry from books himself just so he could understand what his engineers were doing and engage with them to solve problems.

During the early troubled launch period of the Model X electric SUV, he became famous at Tesla for pitching a tent at the end of the assembly lines for it and sleeping on the factory floor overnight for several weeks so he could be there to inspect every car as it came off the line. I'm not making this story up.

Knowing a little about how Musk operates, I can really see him going down to the factory floor and working random line jobs there to verify if something there was reported as being dangerous or causing working injuries. He has long had a reputation for wanting employees at his companies to bring concerns directly to him bypassing intervening layers of management so this is not anything new to him.

The Reddit thread about this can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...s_letter_about_factory_working_conditions_he/

Elon is my favorite CEO!

Elon is my favorite CEO!

People still question the shit out of Bill Gates' intelligence in business and motivation for helping Africa it standing up for climate change. Doesn't matter how smart or willing and able a person is or how their actions back up their words they draw detractors constantly. Just today people were trying to shit on Bill for his disappointment in the US for dropping Paris.

Well, Snowden is a criminal. Musk is the CEO of one of the most important and interesting companies out there. His products help to push all the other car companies to keep up in the race for electric cars and solar power.

Musk is also singlehandedly keeping our hopes of being a multi-planet species alive with SpaceX. As the government space programs lose funding and decrease in viability. Private space exploration (right now led by Musk) is the best chance we have at actually going to Mars. Our government is not going to take us to Mars (because it is too costly), but private companies will.

Fuck that noise.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This might have been an interesting thread if you hadn't shot yourself in the foot trying to get into a fight with the last Musk thread. Don't make threads largely to express an opinion you could express in an existing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom