• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies that made you go "Nope"

We all know the Dark Souls gif, let's get it out of the way:
nopemsfkg.gif

So!

Basically, what enemies have you seen and immediately decided you wanted nothing to do with?

My choice I think is the jumping bird warriors in Zelda II.
JCITSeP.png

They only appear in the final dungeon, and by that point in the game, you should be pretty deft at handling the enemies that it throws your way. I mean, you would kind of have to to get that far. But then they throw these guys at you, jumping around twenty feet in the air or whatever, swinging their swords like mad, quick on their feet, take a bunch of hits to kill even at max level. I think the blue ones shot beams at you as well? I can't remember exactly.

I don't think I even attempted to actually kill one. Thankfully you're never forced to.

So, what say you?

Anustart

First play through of Resident Evil 3 I said nope to nemesis every time. Subsequent runs saw me murder him every time though.

Dylan

bullsquid.jpg

By the time you see the Bullsquid in the original Half Life, you are already so paranoid that anything new is enough to make you shit your HEV suit.

Azure J

When Metroid Prime 2 first came out (first Metroid and First Person experience ever), the Hunter Ing had this effect on me.

ASIS

What? No, that guy was exciting to fight. The honor goes to either colossi 13 or the first one. Those ones really make you think "I'm supposed to fight THAT?"

I suppose the last one as well, but for some reason it really disappointed me so I'm not going to count it :p

Clickers in TLOU freaked me the fuck out.

The spiders in Alan Wake American Nightmare...actually, spiders in pretty much any game.

Deathclaws in Fallout 3.

The_Monk

Demon's Souls, Red Eye Knight, first time:

"Oh hey, I bet he can give good loot and it can't be THAT hard I mean, I'm at the start of the game..."

RdsBJRy.jpg

:(

And after that they were my Nope, nope, nope, enemy in that game.

Big Daddies in Bioshock 1, and giant spiders in Arx Fatalis. I wandered into a cave and they scared the shit out of me :( THEY WOULDN'T STOP CHASING ME

Sethos

Banned
We need to start posting words on this forum, PictureBoards aren't for everyone.

Seriously what is this and why is it scary?

The Last of Us, bloater.

Big, tough dude that kills you the second he gets a hold of you. Limited ammo, no room to move? You just need to run, fucking run.

Fruitster

Crimson head zombies in the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube. And Lisa Trevor. In Final Fantasy IX, Yans. Also Malboro's in every Final Fantasy, but especially VIII.

njean777

We need to start posting words on this forum, PictureBoards aren't for everyone.

Bloater from the TLOU, they are hard and annoying enemies to fight.

Also for my most annoying enemy it would be the Dark Souls one the OP linked to. I hate those bone dogs so much.

Gadirok

Its from The Last of Us. Its called a bloater. It throws balls of spores that are toxic at you, and you don't want to get anywhere close to it. It has shrooms all over its body to plate it from shots.

Basically, its a giant clicker that can take alot of shots and shoots balls of exploding toxic spore.

Courage

Bloater from The Last of Us. If it comes in contact with you, it's a one hit gruesome kill, it throws spores at you non-stop and it looks more intimidating than the rest of the infected.

Those stomping things from Mega Man 1 that took, like, half your life on hit. Back then, you couldn't slide yet, so if those things decided to just jump one space forward, you couldn't dodge them easily. They also took forever to kill.

Hiruko from Shinobi was nonsense, too. He's also unavoidable, so I had to put the game down for a while.

EDIT: Also...

-Metroids
-Dreamwalkers and the blue and red jumpy things in DmC. If I had it, I would just devil trigger right when those showed up.

Jb

500px-The_bear.png

Condemned 2 - The Bear

call-of-cthulhu-dark-corners-of-the-earth-20050303003401733.jpg

Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth - Whatever that thing is called

Mimic.jpg

An evil chest is bad enough, but there's something about the dark Souls Mimic with it's long, spindly limbs and chuckling that totally creeps me out. Doesn't stop me from ending them in short order, though.

Top Bottom