• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies that made you go "Nope"

Kalnos

Banned
The monsters from the sewer level in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64). Nightmare fuel noises.

Amnesia, everything in the game, as an obvious choice.

nib95

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Here's another!

maxresdefault.jpg

soldat7

Are you kidding? That dude was a freakin cakewalk. And he looks like the marshmallow man from ghost busters.

I don't think you understand the point of this thread.

SHOT_05.png

These things terrified me as a kid. (Game: Hexen) Lots of freaky enemies in Hexen, actually.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
last of us spoilers kinda??

In The Last of Us around 5 hours in when you're cut off from Ellie because an elevator falls under you, what the hell where those things you fight when you're trying to make your way back up to her? You get out of the water and at first I only heard faint sounds, did the listen thing and saw three of them. I sat in a pitch black room with no flashlight on, but all three of them somehow found me, killed me and scared the living shit out of me. They acted like runners but looked like clickers. Turned my ps3 off and haven't played since yesterday because of that.

Those are
stalkers, it's the second stage of the infection.
So unexpectedly clever and aggressive.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but don't you just use the tanks to freeze it and then you shoot it?

Yes, but he still has ridiculous amounts of health even if you freeze him (total health is 900; freezing it triples damage). You'll burn through most of your ammo trying to kill him.

For comparison, even when frozen he can still take twice as much damage as a Regenerador (150 health). Go start a new game in RE4 and try to kill a Regenerador without hitting its weakpoints (or knifing it), see how much ammo you burn through, and double it. Tack in the fact that there are only so many Nitrogen tanks, and the actual figure is more like three Regeneradors.

Which is why, of course, you need the Rocket Launcher.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes, but he still has ridiculous amounts of health even if you freeze him (total health is 900; freezing it triples damage). You'll burn through most of your ammo trying to kill him.

For comparison, even when frozen he can still take twice as much damage as a Regenerador (150 health). Go start a new game in RE4 and try to kill a Regenerador without hitting its weakpoints (or knifing it), see how much ammo you burn through, and double it. Tack in the fact that there are only so many Nitrogen tanks, and the actual figure is more like three Regeneradors.

I always bought a Rocket Launcher specifically for him/it, hahaha.

Which is why, of course, you need the Rocket Launcher.
I never played RE4 on hardmode (only normal) so maybe that is the difference. I've played through it a couple times and I don't remember going through an absurd amount of ammo and I know I never used the rocket launcher. My memory is a little hazy but was the magnum available by that point? Maybe that's what I used; I seriously don't remember using anything against it other than a shotgun, machine gun and perhaps some grenades.

Wilsongt

Seeing elementals in Final Fantasy XII at a much higher level than you are.

"Oh, what's that? Why is it Level 45 when I am only twelve? Why am I silenced? Why am I dead?"

Everytime I see one I turn all magic gambits off since magic agros those fuckers.

I never played RE4 on hardmode (only normal) so maybe that is the difference. I've played through it a couple times and I don't remember going through an absurd amount of ammo and I know I never used the rocket launcher. My memory is a little hazy but was the magnum available by that point? Maybe that's what I used; I seriously don't remember using anything against it other than a shotgun, machine gun and perhaps some grenades.

I have no idea how you could've beaten him without at least using the Broken Butterfly; he has the second highest health in the game. Are you sure that you actually defeated him and didn't just go down the elevator when it arrived? Or is normal easier than I remember?

I have no idea how you could've beaten him without at least using the Broken Butterfly; he has the second highest health in the game. Are you sure that you actually defeated him and didn't just go down the elevator when it arrived? Or is normal easier than I remember?
I just looked at my save file and I had the broken butterfly and a ton of ammo for it as there were only a few boss fights I actually used the magnum for. So I guess that's why it didn't seem quite as difficult. Of the 4-5 times I played through, I think I only once ran to the elevator.

I just looked at my save file and I had the broken butterfly and a ton of ammo for it as there were only a few boss fights I actually used the magnum for. So I guess that's why it didn't seem quite as difficult. Of the 4-5 times I played through, I think I only once ran to the elevator.

Wait, so did you restart the game with recycled inventory (as opposed to starting the game from scratch)? That would obviously make it easier.

I'm not sure why I care. I'm just bored *shrug*

Back on topic, I'm surprise these haven't been mentioned yet:
photo-1.JPG

Neo Child

Banned
I'm right there with you on the Shamblers.

My first ever nope monster (to the best of my memory):

commanderkeen.jpg

They run at you so fast the second they see you! Id Software is responsible for most of my nightmares as a young'un. Incredible thread, btw! Happy to see the T. Rex from Tomb Raider, and the Butcher from Diablo represented.

my man

also most enemies in doom. since i was like 5 when i played the game

Top Bottom