• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

Realyn

Goreis absolutely no problem. It's not even close to Gears of War - just look at some Youtube videos.

The language is quite strong. Before and after each fight the hunters have a small chat. The most extreme one should be "You fucked with the wrong motherfucker, motherfucker.". Lots of shits and fucks in there. I'm sure you'll find more direct quotes if you google that sentence.

ahoyle77

Thanks, does it have an option to turn down the language. I know some games do that. If not I can set it on Spanish or something. :)

Skyzard

Banned
So apparently it's out. Behemoth, new hunters etc.

£20 for new hunters is all I can see in the season pass, which gives you some skins, not sure if they're even working.

I don't think they deserve £20 for 4 hunters tbh with the lack of support and fixes on PC after release causing the userbase to basically abandon the game, I won't be paying that much. Will probably check out the behemoth a few times from the pre-order then wait for a price drop before coming back. Barely played in weeks now anyway.

Skyzard

Banned
First game, jump into a skirmish, monster last choice. Of course it puts me in as monster.

First person. No abilities. Can't even attack or jump or anything other than move and sniff.

Checking out the Behemoth in solo now. At least it randomises the hunter bots so you don't have to customize if you don't want to play with the first 4.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Jesus, 7.1GB update. Here are the patch notes.

Changelog V2.0
Tier 4 Hunters
Torvald
Sunny
Slim
Crow

Behemoth
2 New Maps for XB1... April 30th for PC & PS4
Updated Post-Round Replay Controls
Observer Tool
Audio Improvements to Dropship Conversations...there should be more of them playing now
Further Improvements to saving progression
PC Specific:
Added protections against known cheats
Made improvements to alleviate of DCGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG

Other Bug Fixes
Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred if a player disconnected after using Plasma Blast
Fixed the tracking dart sound playing for monster when Abe darts wildlife
Fixed situations where AI sometimes fell through the world after using Teleport Gates
Fix rare crash when AIs would grapple the player
Fix rare crash when late-joining a game while another player was using personal shield or cloak
Fix rare server crash when a player disconnects while teleporting or gliding.
Fixed issue with playable Ebonstar Soldier

q_q

So apparently it's out. Behemoth, new hunters etc.

£20 for new hunters is all I can see in the season pass, which gives you some skins, not sure if they're even working.

I don't think they deserve £20 for 4 hunters tbh with the lack of support and fixes on PC after release causing the userbase to basically abandon the game, I won't be paying that much. Will probably check out the behemoth a few times from the pre-order then wait for a price drop before coming back. Barely played in weeks now anyway.
Gotta agree. Theyre being way too greedy for the amount of effort theyve put into this game. Still noticing some bad balance issues that werent addressed in the patch. Such a shame because i really dig the concept and gameplay, but i wont be giving them very much money for things that should have been in the main game to begin with.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I finished 2 hours of playing the new update in the xbox one and i loved it.The two new maps are really good,the new hunters and the monster i love it and with the new patch they improved the graphics like the interactive water present in the alpha that was removed in the beta and the final game.Now is here again.

The mini nuke is amazing and great job to turtle rock for the new hunters and the monster because they are amazing.

-Deimos

The new dlc characters are amazing, it's a shame 2k is charging a stupidly high amount for them. I'm glad I bought the hunter season pass through nuuvem for $12 and I'd recommend others do the same if it's still possible.

Nori Chan

I've played Sunny once and I can tell she's awesome. It's so nice to not be rushing the monster and just sit back and watch your teammates follow them. Jetpack boost is god like

Yeah I feel like the new hunters are maybe a bit too awesome lol
Crow's sniper rifle is really amazing but I don't think it should completely ignore armor, but rather take out an equal amount for both armor and health with a fully charged shot.
And Sunny's mini-nuke... wow! Almost took me down as Behemoth single handedly when she was the only one left
Haven't played as/against Slim or Torvald though so I have no opinion on them just yet.

-Deimos

I've played Sunny once and I can tell she's awesome. It's so nice to not be rushing the monster and just sit back and watch your teammates follow them. Jetpack boost is god like

Sunny is easily my favorite hunter ever. I dont want to play anything else now, lol.

Yeah, Sunny has pretty much become my favorite support/hunter. Incredible damage, ability to shield, huge mobility bonus for teamates. She combines the best qualities of the other supports into one hunter.

Jito

Banned
So apparently the Behemoth has a massive bug making him take double crit damage. There I was thinking TR couldn't fuck up like the Wraith again, but they managed it! DLC would be great if I wasn't so concious of looking for balancing issues and more bugs in the game.

Edit: Also, I've not seen the 2 new maps at all today, so much for supporting the community with free content!

BlazinAm

Isn't the Behemoth suppose to come with the PC monster race edition, I can't seem to unlock the Behemoth atm.

So apparently the Behemoth has a massive bug making him take double crit damage. There I was thinking TR couldn't fuck up like the Wraith again, but they managed it! DLC would be great if I wasn't so concious of looking for balancing issues and more bugs in the game.

Edit: Also, I've not seen the 2 new maps at all today, so much for supporting the community with free content!

The maps are on a month delay on ps4 /PC.

Nori Chan

Trying to look for some art or fan art of sunny to make as my new avi. Easily my fav new hunter. I was a trapper and medic but now going support bruh

Mathi

Isn't the Behemoth suppose to come with the PC monster race edition, I can't seem to unlock the Behemoth atm.
Same here. As far as i know you only get Behemoth if you preordered the game, he is not part of the monster race edition. Kind of silly not to include him in the most expensive version of the game. Will definitely wait for a sale, I'm not paying 15€ for a monster I may not even enjoy playing as.

Klyka

Banned
Enjoying the hell out of the new hunters, especially Slim and Torvald.

Behemoth I hope gets his damage bug fixed soon,if a player doesn't know how to constantly do the roll->heavy attack-> roll-> heavy attack spam, then he usually is dead meat.

Same here. As far as i know you only get Behemoth if you preordered the game, he is not part of the monster race edition. Kind of silly not to include him in the most expensive version of the game. Will definitely wait for a sale, I'm not paying 15€ for a monster I may not even enjoy playing as.

If you are on PC, you can get Behemoth on a couple of key reseller sites for like 1$. PM me if you need a link.

Ah, that explains the Sunny mininukes nearly killing me singlehandedly. truly insane damage.
But yeah I guess it'll be another month for the patch to fix that. :p

BlazinAm

Enjoying the hell out of the new hunters, especially Slim and Torvald.

Behemoth I hope gets his damage bug fixed soon,if a player doesn't know how to constantly do the roll->heavy attack-> roll-> heavy attack spam, then he usually is dead meat.

If you are on PC, you can get Behemoth on a couple of key reseller sites for like 1$. PM me if you need a link.
See my problem is that this is what they said the PC monster race edition was.
o MSRP: $99 (Online Only)
o Everything in the Digital Deluxe package
 The Game
 The Fourth Monster, Behemoth, when available after launch
 The Hunters Season Pass + Magma Monster skins
o The unannounced FIFTH Monster still in development
o Two additional Hunters (beyond the four available in the season pass)
o Four Monster Skins that are exclusively available for PC in this edition for 30 days. Because you are Monster Race. And you deserve bragging rights.
o Basically, we’re jamming in over $131 worth of content for $99 bucks. Apparently we are horrible with math.
http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

This is where my confusion comes in.

Klyka

Banned
Ah, that explains the Sunny mininukes nearly killing me singlehandedly. truly insane damage.
But yeah I guess it'll be another month for the patch to fix that. :p

They actually implemented the "mini patch system" now so they said they could release balance patches once a week.

See my problem is that this is what they said the PC monster race edition was.
o MSRP: $99 (Online Only)
o Everything in the Digital Deluxe package
 The Game
 The Fourth Monster, Behemoth, when available after launch
 The Hunters Season Pass + Magma Monster skins
o The unannounced FIFTH Monster still in development
o Two additional Hunters (beyond the four available in the season pass)
o Four Monster Skins that are exclusively available for PC in this edition for 30 days. Because you are Monster Race. And you deserve bragging rights.
o Basically, we’re jamming in over $131 worth of content for $99 bucks. Apparently we are horrible with math.
http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

This is where my confusion comes in.

It also says this at the top of the page:

THE FOURTH MONSTER IS FREE IF YOU PRE-ORDER OR PRE-PURCHASE!
We can’t drive this part home enough: If you are planning to buy the game, but are skittish about pre-purchase, don’t be. As soon as the clock strikes midnight on 2/10/15, the FREE Monster Expansion Pack bonus goes away and it will run you over$14.99 to buy Behemoth, the fourth Monster, and the Savage Goliath skin after the fact. Think of it as us buying the first round for you. As a thank you.

But yeah,I understand the confusion

The new Hunters are insane. They're outright better than the base hunters. I regret buying this game, but steam wont give a refund.

Nori Chan

The new Hunters are insane. They're outright better than the base hunters. I regret buying this game, but steam wont give a refund.
The only one I would say is better is sunny. Everything else is suitable to play style.

Slim is probably the most offensive medic. Every other medic in the game has to stay back.

Crow has a way to find the monster, like the other trappers and a way to is slow them down. The sniper is nice to hit through armor, but you got to charge it up which costs you mobility and you have to hit. It's better to rapid fire it it to help out other hunters do damage.

I haven't played much of torvalt tbh

Mathi

Ah, I didn't think about that, thanks! I just bought a key for the monster expansion preorder on ebay for 1,89 and it works.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The mini nukes from sunny against the kraken flying is not very good.
I have this strange bug yesterday: moving in the lobby

And i like the animated emblems they put in this update it's like animated gif.And with torvald and his mortars in nest the framerate goes down if the 4 hunter are in the same egg shooting at the same time and torvald and his mortar is the problem.

Hows the playerbase doing now that the balance patch hit and theres been some new PR activity due to the DLCs? Did the Wraith nerf settle it a bit or still in free fall?

Klyka

Banned
Hows the playerbase doing now that the balance patch hit and theres been some new PR activity due to the DLCs? Did the Wraith nerf settle it a bit or still in free fall?

Well Wraiths aren't as hated anymore so that helped.

The DLC has only been out two days but on PC (only one we got numbers for) the game actually went above 5000 players again. It being the middle of the week doesn't help much of course.

Mr Croft

Sunny changes the meta of this game all by herself. Decent shielding with drones, amazing evasion with jetpack boosters and she does good damage as well. Literally if she could dome she could play all the roles.

andycapps

Thought you guys were exaggerating with the behemoth being buggy. I haven't seen one make level 2 yet.

Actually, I take that back, we came across one that was evolving, I domed him, and we wiped him out before the dome ran out.

patchday

Havent played this in so long. So many dlcs released and bloodborne...

The new Hunters- do I have to grind out all the other previous hunters first before I can use them? Havent purchased the dlc yet.

So the mobile app was updated with some decent stuff (difficulty balance, leaderboards, events, etc). Of note: the first event's grand prize is a Markov Weapon Skin AND a Markov Character Skin.
I don't believe we've had confirmation that character skins would be made (just that they would consider it), so there you go. Here's hoping they're reasonably priced (lol).

Nori Chan

So the mobile app was updated with some decent stuff (difficulty balance, leaderboards, events, etc). Of note: the first event's grand prize is a Markov Weapon Skin AND a Markov Character Skin.
I don't believe we've had confirmation that character skins would be made (just that they would consider it), so there you go. Here's hoping they're reasonably priced (lol).

markov skin was only for mobile

Top Bottom