• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook executive caught trying to hook up with a minor

Stuart360

The thing with these type of videos is I never know how to feel about this.

The subjects in these videos, i.e. The paedophiles are sick and deserve all the punishment coming there way.

However these 'vigilante groups' are normally run by narcissistic people pretending to care about protecting kids but really wanting to be famous and make money out of these videos, i can see this channel has 30k+ subs.

The British ones are even worse, they are run by thugs that again are narcissistic and want to be viewed as heroes and portray an almighty saviour image but really only care about making money and having a guardian angel image.

But the conflict is some of these sick pedo's wouldn't be caught without these amateur stings............ i applaud the end result, just not the means on how they get there.

If these people really cared about the kids they would take their evidence to the police and not create a YouTube channel out of it.
They show them on camera to name and shame them, and so the public knows about them. And they do that because going through the police and courts way, they often get off with a slap on the hand. And they do contact the police while the sting is happening, with the pedo usually getting arrested when the police arrive.
Also my ex was part of one of these groups, nuemorous groups actually, and the majority of people in them are ex child abuse victims, including my ex.
So yeah most of your post is bollocks.

Last edited:

Tams

I'm still not happy with vigilantes running around.

Some absolutely are doing it for their own egos. That in itself is only a moral issue, but it can drive these vigilantes to not know when to stop as they just get egged on.

It's all fun and games until they get it wrong. Accusing an innocent person, the target killing or grievously harming themselves (no, that isn't justice), or the target grievously harming or killing one of them. These are mentally well people they are targeting who the fuck knows what they'll do. 'We did it Reddit!' but on a worse and far more serious scale.

There are serious issues with corruption within authorities, with police not investigating when they should or hard enough. But there are very good reasons that they can't go in guns blazing and plaster what happens all over the place.

Sybrix

They show them on camera to name and shame them, and so the public knows about them. And they do that because going through the police and courts way, they often get off with a slap on the hand. And they do contact the police while the sting is happening, with the pedo usually getting arrested when the police arrive.
Also my ex was part of one of these groups, nuemorous groups actually, and the majority of people in them are ex child abuse victims, including my ex.
So yeah most of your post is bollocks.

Your opinion = My Opinion

Some of these pedo's who are caught on camera like this still get a slap on the hand and suspended prison sentences, so either way the route to justice is the same, the stories are still public, the perpetrators are still named and shamed in public court records, newspapers and other media. The only difference is these vigilante groups aren't making money and making names for themselves in the slightly twisted fake guardian angel way.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

There are serious issues with corruption within authorities, with police not investigating when they should or hard enough. But there are very good reasons that they can't go in guns blazing and plaster what happens all over the place.
I read somewhere that in the UK, only a quarter of reported sex crimes get investigated. Out of those that get reported, only a small percentage of those are taken to court. It’s alarming that we live in a society where it’s considered ‘okay’ by the legal system for sexual offences to take place.

Tams

I read somewhere that in the UK, only a quarter of reported sex crimes get investigated. Out of those that get reported, only a small percentage of those are taken to court. It’s alarming that we live in a society where it’s considered ‘okay’ by the legal system for sexual offences to take place.
Are you okay with vigilantes going around though? That's the debate here.

I'm not. As dodgy as the police can be, at least there is training, regulation, oversight, and at least some accountability there.

Vigilantes while get it wrong may be prosecuted if they cause harm, but by then they've already caused the harm. And with accusations like child abuse or paedophilia, those are things that can stick with people for life. If they are untrue...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm not much for vigilantes and the court of public opinion in general, I prefer stuff like this being handled by the authorities with due process and all that. Tip off the police instead of making sensationalist videos. Maybe this particular group is actually in it for the right reasons, but what is the motivation to make a public spectacle out of it if not for views?

But yeah, that guy is fucked, and seemingly rightfully so.

I also don't quite understand why people like him even choose to risk it like that. Like, on a rational level. There's always a greater than zero chance you're being set up. Not saying "you should be more careful" (well, it would be better if they chose not to act on their urges of course), I just don't get what they're thinking. Just can't help themselves I guess?

Last edited:

Ionian

Are you okay with vigilantes going around though? That's the debate here.

I'm not. As dodgy as the police can be, at least there is training, regulation, oversight, and at least some accountability there.

Vigilantes while get it wrong may be prosecuted if they cause harm, but by then they've already caused the harm. And with accusations like child abuse or paedophilia, those are things that can stick with people for life. If they are untrue...

You're living under a rock. Obviously hasn't happened in your family but yes, families tend to not like a nonce and will take jail-time if needed.

Happened to people I know. What would you do if you realized your children / siblings were assaulted?

You nullified your argument by the fact these these vigilantes document their interactions and expose them without kicking the shit out of them. It's a take or leave it case for opinion, it's all there for anyone to make up their own opinion.

Pray tell, for those who think what they are doing cornering Pedos and getting them on tape to admit it ,without beating them to be a bad thing.

That's unfair? The argument that it is only for views, I pity those people that think so.

I'm not much for vigilantes and the court of public opinion in general, I prefer stuff like this being handled by the authorities with due process and all that. Tip off the police instead of making sensationalist videos. Maybe this particular group is actually in it for the right reasons, but what is the motivation to make a public spectacle out of it if not for views?

But yeah, that guy is fucked, and seemingly rightfully so.

I also don't quite understand why people like him even choose to risk it like that. Like, on a rational level. There's always a greater than zero chance you're being set up. Not saying "you should be more careful" (well, it would be better if they chose not to act on their urges of course), I just don't get what they're thinking. Just can't help themselves I guess?
Likely because they have done it before without being caught. I think, much like any criminal activity, people tend to become less careful the more comfortable they get. The sad thing is he has probably done this kind of thing many times.

Meddling with kids is an illness and one of the challenges of society.
Nah dude...having those thoughts is an illness. And it can be treated or at least managed.

Acting upon them is more than an illness. These guys are adults and know what they are doing. You might not be responsible for your urges or thoughts, but you sure as hell are responsible for your actions.

These guys get no sympathy from me.

Nyxir

The thing with these type of videos is I never know how to feel about this.

The subjects in these videos, i.e. The paedophiles are sick and deserve all the punishment coming there way.

However these 'vigilante groups' are normally run by narcissistic people pretending to care about protecting kids but really wanting to be famous and make money out of these videos, i can see this channel has 30k+ subs.

The British ones are even worse, they are run by thugs that again are narcissistic and want to be viewed as heroes and portray an almighty saviour image but really only care about making money and having a guardian angel image.

But the conflict is some of these sick pedo's wouldn't be caught without these amateur stings............ i applaud the end result, just not the means on how they get there.

If these people really cared about the kids they would take their evidence to the police and not create a YouTube channel out of it.
oh no. not the poor pedos.

I don't give a fuck. Some people get famous on youtube for much worse.

Getting paid to catch those fuckers? Fine by me.

Tams

oh no. not the poor pedos.

I don't give a fuck. Some people get famous on youtube for much worse.

Getting paid to catch those fuckers? Fine by me.
That's all great until a case collapses because these YouTubers didn't investigate properly. Or get someone innocent.

Ionian

Nah dude...having those thoughts is an illness. And it can be treated or at least managed.

Acting upon them is more than an illness. These guys are adults and know what they are doing. You might not be responsible for your urges or thoughts, but you sure as hell are responsible for your actions.

These guys get no sympathy from me.

Bang on the money, couldn't have said it better myself.

Fuck up a childs life. There is a reason that they're isolated when jailed.

Star-Lord

There is a reason that they're isolated when jailed.
Hah, if you honestly believe they’re isolated from gen pop, you’re wrong. I know someone who went to prison for fraud many years back, and the sex offenders (or VPs, as they’re called inside) are more often than not put in with non-sex offenders. Do you honestly think the prison guards care about what happens to those sick fucks?

Ionian

Hah, if you honestly believe they’re isolated from gen pop, you’re wrong. I know someone who went to prison for fraud many years back, and the sex offenders (or VPs, as they’re called inside) are more often than not put in with non-sex offenders. Do you honestly think the prison guards care about what happens to those sick fucks?

Errr...

Kind of proved my point with your statement.

Of course they don't. It's a job, what are you not understanding here?

I'm happy to help you as you don't seem to understand.

Star-Lord

Errr...

Kind of proved my point with your statement.

Of course they don't. It's a job, what are you not understanding here?

I'm happy to help you as you don't seem to understand.
I think it’s you who misunderstands. I have a friend who has been inside in gen pop. I visited him several times. The sex offenders in prison are not isolated, like you seem to think, they are in gen pop with your common burglars, thieves, and thugs. The officers, or screws or whatever you want to call them, turn a blind eye to anyone who wishes to dole out their one justice to the pedos and rapists.

Do you understand now?

I think it’s you who misunderstands. I have a friend who has been inside in gen pop. I visited him several times. The sex offenders in prison are not isolated, like you seem to think, they are in gen pop with your common burglars, thieves, and thugs. The officers, or screws or whatever you want to call them, turn a blind eye to anyone who wishes to dole out their one justice to the pedos and rapists.
I hear prisoners be giving up their commissary treats and privileges at the chance of whaling on a paedophile or new fish.

Star-Lord

I hear prisoners be giving up their commissary treats and privileges at the chance of whaling on a paedophile or new fish.
I don’t know too much about it all, only tidbits my friend told me, but I’m told that the ‘fresh meat’ get Googled by prisoners’ relatives and, if they turn out to be a sex offender, they’re rightfully put through hell. Their food is tampered with, they get the shit beaten out of them, they get kettled, and all of this is done with the staffs’ knowledge. Basically, don’t be a pedo.

Ionian

Do you understand now?

Name the prison, I know people that were in Portlaise. (personally knew them).

Ireland ain't America. Sorry about that. You're using American terms. And yes sex offenders are isolated, you're talking out of your ass.

"gen pop" , "The sex offenders in prison are not isolated".

Uh-huh, tell me more. You're honestly defending sex offenders walking though the system without protection as most pedos are beaten up and killed. Gimme a break.

Good luck being a nonce in prison. You're fucked. Don't believe me, try Google.

EDIT: Try Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris. Not protected? Nah they just wandered about OK after working in the workshop. Pulled the 'aul sickness card for early release, same as Cosby.

EDIT2: I grew up and around this, my first true love was in school with his daughter. I can prove it but like fuck I would.

Educate yourself, includes a nonce scene.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Name the prison, I know people that were in Portlaise. (personally knew them).

Ireland ain't America. Sorry about that. You're using American terms. And yes sex offenders are isolated, you're talking out of your ass.

"gen pop" , "The sex offenders in prison are not isolated".

Uh-huh, tell me more. You're honestly defending sex offenders walking though the system without protection as most pedos are beaten up and killed. Gimme a break.

Good luck being a nonce in prison. You're fucked. Don't believe me, try Google.

EDIT: Try Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris. Not protected? Nah they just wandered about OK after working in the workshop. Pulled the 'aul sickness card for early release, same as Cosby.

EDIT2: I grew up and around this, my first true love was in school with his daughter. I can prove it but like fuck I would.

Educate yourself, includes a nonce scene.

No offence, like, but I’d really be careful about who you call a nonce or a defender of sex offenders. Not once have I defended them in any shape or form. I’m all for them being killed whilst being held in custody. Anybody who thinks they should lead a comfortable life in isolation is twisted.

And for the record, I’m not American. I was born in Ireland, and now live in England. My friend served time in HMP Altcourse, in Liverpool. He wasn’t there for a great deal of time (though one would argue that eight months in prison is long enough) but saw enough to know that sex offenders are not isolated from the mains, and that they do get the shit beaten out of. Which, yes, I fully condone.

Last edited:

Ionian

No offence, like, but I’d really be careful about who you call a nonce or a defender of sex offenders. Not once have I defended them in any shape or form. I’m all for them being killed whilst being held in custody. Anybody who thinks they should lead a comfortable life in isolation is twisted.

And for the record, I’m not American. I was born in Ireland, and now live in England. My friend served time in HMP Altcourse, in Liverpool. He wasn’t there for a great deal of time (though one would argue that eight months in prison is long enough) but saw enough to know that sex offenders are not isolated from the mains, and that they do get the shit beaten out of. Which, yes, I fully condone.

"No offence, like, but I’d really be careful about who you call a nonce or a defender of sex offenders".

I didn't.

"And for the record, I’m not American. I was born in Ireland, and now live in England. My friend served time in HMP Altcourse, in Liverpool. He wasn’t there for a great deal of time (though one would argue that eight months in prison is long enough) but saw enough to know that sex offenders are not isolated from the mains, and that they do get the shit beaten out of. Which, yes, I fully condone."

Make up your mind. You contradict yourself. They are or are not? You say both. I also havn't called anyone a nonce and you should know that. You even watch the film I linked? I grew up with parts of it and in that area. I knew those people without knowing, salt of the earth. Nothing quite like trying to get home afterwards from Dundalk (college) to have the train station continually shut down with bomb threats, as an Irishman you should know this. That and having people running around with a machete when you're stocking shelves on a nightshift in a shop. Shit was normal.

I got broken into, rang a dude I know. Next time I walked into the same place in the film I had people running at me to say they weren't involved and wanting to tell me who was. I waved them aside and went to my destination;

A bunch of people tweaking-out after raiding a primary school and stole the oldest shit ever from nuns. Went from asking me how much it was worth (nothing) , to how much I would pay (nothing). Had to walk back through the same thing on the way out. Watch the film. It's very real and not some plastic case of I know someone who ... I was there around the people afterwards.

The local stations cells were nice, 'X' is a rat, covered in blood and shit. Sure was a holiday. If it was on Trip Advisor it'd be 1 out of 5 stars.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

"And for the record, I’m not American. I was born in Ireland, and now live in England. My friend served time in HMP Altcourse, in Liverpool. He wasn’t there for a great deal of time (though one would argue that eight months in prison is long enough) but saw enough to know that sex offenders are not isolated from the mains, and that they do get the shit beaten out of. Which, yes, I fully condone."

Make up your mind. You contradict yourself. They are or are not? You say both.
I say both to what? Isolation? I’ve said all along that sex offenders are NOT isolated, that they’re put in with the mains prisoners. And I’ve said all along that sex offenders DO get beaten and killed. I’m failing to see where I contradicted myself, but then again it is late and I am tired.

Ionian

I say both to what? Isolation? I’ve said all along that sex offenders are NOT isolated, that they’re put in with the mains prisoners. And I’ve said all along that sex offenders DO get beaten and killed. I’m failing to see where I contradicted myself, but then again it is late and I am tired.

Eventually in some cases but not initially. Pedophiles are isolated when first imprisoned. It's an undeniable fact.

This is getting silly now. Let's get back to the matter of the thread, some absolute scum preying on what he thought was a child, for sex. After all, it was kind of the point but got derailed. Hold my hands up to that.

Just watch the film, it's free and on YouTube. Come back to me then.

=A member of the gang rapes his own daughter, is removed from the gang and is punished in a brutal way.

Last edited:
Eventually in some cases but not initially. Pedophiles are isolated when first imprisoned. It's an undeniable fact.

This is getting silly now. Let's get back to the matter of the thread, some absolute scum preying on what he thought was a child, for sex. After all, it was kind of the point but got derailed. Hold my hands up to that.

Just watch the film, it's free and on YouTube. Come back to me then.

=A member of the gang rapes his own daughter, is removed from the gang and is punished in a brutal way.
You two are going back and forth over practically nothing. Whether paedophiles are isolated or exposed to regular population is based upon a country's prison population and space. It doesn't matter though, as they all get what's coming to them.

Ionian

You two are going back and forth over practically nothing. Whether paedophiles are isolated or exposed to regular population is based upon a country's prison population and space. It doesn't matter though, as they all get what's coming to them.

Thank you for wandering into "practically nothing". I appreciate your input.

We have privately resolved this like adults.

nush

Why don’t you watch that Ross Kemp documentary he did on a prison it’s on YouTube. The nonces were very very segregated in their own building. One sex offender isn’t the same as another and nonces and child killers are pretty much dead in most prisons.

just because someone you know said they were not in the prision they went too, you can’t then say it’s like that in all prisions.

Top Bottom