• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake: Forza Horizon 5 Japan Map Leaked

well that will never happen, forza is HUGE with the KIDZ of today, all you get on their livesteams is PUT THE NEW BUGATTI AND LAMBO IN LOLOLOL
Real Housewives Of Atlanta Ok GIF

Would be fucking awesome to have Japan as the next Horizon location. All those mountain drift locations would be epic and hitting the highways of Tokyo would be insane.
So Is this map leak legit or what?

Dr.Morris79

Japan with a focus on modification would be my dream Forza, but I won't get my hopes up...
also, IMO a new type of Forza game where it's basically like a Racing RPG would be way better than the toybox do whatever you want style they have with modern Horizon games.

less cars (maybe 100 to 200 at most) but way more in depth customization and an RPG like progression. get a car, built it up to win races in order to either get even better cars or mod out your own to the point where it's barely even the same car anymore.
basically like NfS Underground 2 but with more depth to it.

and japan would be the perfect place to set it in. maybe even make it take place in the 90s?
I've read your post and yes.

Calverz

I love all these weebs coming out crying this isnt an accurate representation of japan.
For crying out loud do u really think thats what the UK is like on FH4???
You are missing the point. Its not meant to be accurate.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I love all these weebs coming out crying this isnt an accurate representation of japan.
For crying out loud do u really think thats what the UK is like on FH4???
You are missing the point. Its not meant to be accurate.

You're the one that's missing the point, and by far.

The Forza Horizon 4 map isn't "accurate" but it's a fair scaled down and simplified representation of an area of the UK. It's still recognizable.

It doesn't put things that are at the opposite ends of the country close together. It doesn't reshuffle the position of regions so that they're inverted compared to one another. It doesn't turn a small regional airport into something that's as big as one of the biggest cities of Japan , while plastering it over terrain that literally cannot have an airport built on it.

Accuracy isn't the point. The point is that whoever made this fake did a shoddy job, and PlayGround isn't known for doing shoddy jobs.

Last edited:

cripterion

Haven't played an Horizon game in a while but that setting would probably prompt me to get the game on pc.

Driving through Japan with some sweet Nujabes beats could make for an awesome experience.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Im really not. Its quite funny seeing you contradict yourself.

It appears that you can't understand the basic difference between a map that doesn't focus on accuracy as its primary goal but it's still a well-done representation of a country that would feel "familiar", and one that is a really shoddy representation of said country regardless of accuracy, and would feel extremely weird and out of place to drive on.

If anyone familiar with the UK drove out of London and found themselves in Scotland after ten minutes, it'd feel extremely unnatural and silly, which is why PlayGround hasn't done that with FH4. By the same token, driving out of Yokohama and finding yourself in Tohoku after ten minutes, with Mount Fuji still in sight, would be ludicrous and jarring, which is why this certainly doesn't feel like something a developer as good as PlayGround would do, especially because they have specifically avoided it with previous games.

If the difference between accuracy and quality flies over your head, I really can't help you (but it''s "quite funny" indeed 😂).

Last edited:

Dibils2k

Anyone who knows Japan would see this is a fake, made with a collage of old satellite imagery (you notice the badly deleted areas of the coastline).

Even if they wanted to condense Japan on a smaller scale, there is absolutely no way they'd put Akita airport that close to Yokohama, and Morioka is EAST of Akita, not west.

I could go on describing just what a ludicrous representation of Japan that would be. Playground knows how to do a much better job than that.

2FlUxfa.jpg
Horizon has never been accurate... they just take key visuals areas from a country/region and just plop em around the map

sublimit

Banned
That would be really cool if true but i think i'll trust an expert (who actually lives in Japan) before i get too hyped up:

Anyone who knows Japan would see this is a fake, made with a collage of old satellite imagery (you notice the badly deleted areas of the coastline).

Even if they wanted to condense Japan on a smaller scale, there is absolutely no way they'd put Akita airport that close to Yokohama, and Morioka is EAST of Akita, not west.

I could go on describing just what a ludicrous representation of Japan that would be. Playground knows how to do a much better job than that.

2FlUxfa.jpg
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phobos Base

4 is the worst. Racing was absolute pointless. The weather a total gimmick and they shouldve covered Cardiff-London.

I don't mind the seasons, I just wish you could choose which one you want to be in and given the car history GB has, it's a shame they chose to go with a Lego DLC instead. One small but big difference was ghosting the traffic in PR zones, I loved 3 but man was it annoying trying to do a drift zone around random cars. The original is still really playable, sure it was far more limited, but it felt like a celebration of car culture rather than having to watch someone dabbing in a chicken suit.

TriSuit666

Banned
Yeah I love the game but I don't understand why they chose the location they went with over London and it's surrounding areas.
Because Ralph Fulton is Scottish, and wanted a realistic depiction of Edinburgh in a racing game?

No, no, don't laugh.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Awesome. I hope its a little more interesting than england. 4 looks great, but the winding roads and green hills got repetitive after 200
Hours. Compared to horizon 3, where i still go back and love driving around that map even after hundreds of hours played since 2016, even if its stuck at 30 fps.

Calverz

It appears that you can't understand the basic difference between a map that doesn't focus on accuracy as its primary goal but it's still a well-done representation of a country that would feel "familiar", and one that is a really shoddy representation of said country regardless of accuracy, and would feel extremely weird and out of place to drive on.

If anyone familiar with the UK drove out of London and found themselves in Scotland after ten minutes, it'd feel extremely unnatural and silly, which is why PlayGround hasn't done that with FH4. By the same token, driving out of Yokohama and finding yourself in Tohoku after ten minutes, with Mount Fuji still in sight, would be ludicrous and jarring, which is why this certainly doesn't feel like something a developer as good as PlayGround would do, especially because they have specifically avoided it with previous games.

If the difference between accuracy and quality flies over your head, I really can't help you (but it''s "quite funny" indeed 😂).
God you are such a weeb. Do you really think in real life you can drive out of Edinburgh and hit Glenfinnan viaduct after 10 minutes of driving? Forza Horizon 4 was the same. Its not meant to be accurate.

sublimit

Banned
If this leak is true (which probably isn't since i trust Abriael_GN Abriael_GN ) i really hope they keep the seasons from FH4!

Btw i find the timing of this "leak" interesting right after Kazunori Yamauchi's interview on Octane Japan where he said that he hasn't forgoten the series Japanese roots and wants to "inherit the Japanese automobile culture” (whatever that meant).

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
God you are such a weeb. Do you really think in real life you can drive out of Edinburgh and hit Glenfinnan viaduct after 10 minutes of driving? Forza Horizon 4 was the same. Its not meant to be accurate.

Am I also a British Fanboy because I'd find it unnatural if they did a similar operation with the UK? Since you don't seem to have a better argument than calling me stuff (like "weeb" was something I'd consider an insult anyway 😂).

If you don't understand the difference between the slight awkwardness of condensing traveling times between two locations that are 150 miles away and two locations that are over 400 miles away, as I said, I can't help you.

That would be really cool if true but i think i'll trust an expert (who actually lives in Japan) before i get too hyped up:

Thanks. To be clear, I don't live in Japan. I was planning to move permanently before the COVID thing hit (and will once it's better), but I've been staying there for about three months a year for work for the past 10 years, excluding the last because I'm stuck out of the country lol.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Thanks. To be clear, I don't live in Japan. I was planning to move permanently before the COVID thing hit (and will once it's better), but I've been staying there for about three months a year for work for the past 10 years, excluding the last because I'm stuck out of the country lol.
That's still a lot more than almost anyone in this forum who probably have never even been to Japan.

Last edited:

Phobos Base

If they really wanted to make FH4 an accurate depiction of the UK it would have been full of traffic jams, potholes, bus lanes and 30mph average speed cameras. Plus the AI traffic would consist of Nissan Micras doing 42mph in a 60 zone, caravans holding up everyone on the country road, white vans sitting 2mm from your rear bumper, lorries overtaking with a 0.1mph speed differential, and scrotes in Golf R's bouncing it off the limiter in the middle of town.

lem0n

Fuck me up with some Japan in FH5. I feel like Japan has been hinted at forever now, like before FH4 if not longer. As long as they do the car list (and car modifications) right and the map is fun it'll be another knockout. I want a lot of vintage JDM goodies like JZX100 Chaser, Z20 Soarer, DR30 Skyline etc. Chill on the multi-million dollar supercars please.

Woffls

Pls make the eight six a barn find rather than like 10 million credits. I wanna roll around Gunma with my fellow weebs.

Whatever location they choose, I hope it has varied environments. I loved Forza Horizon and Horizon 3 for that reason. Both had a mix of city, desert and wooded environments.

Horizon 2 was fun as a game but the location was very samey throughout. Horizon 4 is not as bad as Horizon 2 due to seasons, but I also felt that I was missing some environments I enjoy. That's why I keep going back to Horzion 3.
Lego lands is good variety has a good desert portion and nice varied races ,but some people get turned off by its Lego look

Spokker

Lego lands is good variety has a good desert portion and nice varied races ,but some people get turned off by its Lego look
It looks good, but yeah, I do prefer the more realistic look of the main game. Same with the Hot Wheels expansion. Glad it's there for those who enjoy that, but I stuck with the more realistic maps.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I know this is horizon so they don't make it, I'll say it anyways.

Turn10 is the best Microsoft studio. They hired a bunch of guys who pound a gallon of gas for breakfast and gave them bags full of money to go crazy.

Passion + talent + resources = big win.

Forza alone is a reason to buy microsoft consoles

Last edited:

Puskas

Shame that it’s fake as fuck but FH5 better be in Japan.

FH2’s map was weak as hell. FH3 was okay but lacked elevation. The FH4 demo bored me to tears thanks to the UK setting.

PG need to step it up but I’m willing to bet that it’s going to be another disappointing map.

Senua

Gold Member
I know this is horizon so they don't make it, I'll say it anyways.

Turn10 is the best Microsoft studio. They hired a bunch of guys who pound a gallon of gas for breakfast and gave them bags full of money to go crazy.

Passion + talent + resources = big win.

Forza alone is a reason to buy microsoft consoles
FM7 absolutely shit the bed, FM8 needs to be fookin good son

SBRBOUS

Neo Member
Just saw this, so the second image is the updated and complete image of the first - looks legit, I wonder if a game like this set in Japan would push platform adoption over there.

UyLDrmn.png
It looks like it was shopped by a 6 year old.

-Mt fuji looks extreme akward
-The is a sharp horizontal crop in the mountains on the left side
-An airport crossing a mountain pass, REALLY??

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Japan as the possible setting for the next Horizon seems to garner wide support. I hope it happens.

Top Bottom