• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

void666

Banned
The vault tec is completely worthless for me. I don't care about experiments. Can i just build a vault home?
Guess i'm going to find out later today. Sorry overseer and vault dwellers. You're all going to die.

MattyG

Banned
God building is so garbage. I have a vision for what I want and NOPE that piece won't snap to this other piece. I built stairs up to the Overseers office, switch over to Overseer pieces, and NONE OF THEM SNAP. I can't get them to snap to anything anywhere. I can only get atrium pieces to snap together.

God building is so garbage. I have a vision for what I want and NOPE that piece won't snap to this other piece. I built stairs up to the Overseers office, switch over to Overseer pieces, and NONE OF THEM SNAP. I can't get them to snap to anything anywhere. I can only get atrium pieces to snap together.

See the video I posted above. Somehow, that guy got EVERYTHING to fucking snap together.

I mean, holy shit. Can't believe nobody has commented on that guy's settlement. Pure insanity.

Doc_Drop

I'll admit it's beyond fiddly and there doesn't seem to be many if any help messages. Apologies if I've misunderstood you, but I found that you cannot add a room unless you have a hall-to-doorway piece, then a doorway piece from the specific room you want to connect. You can't put in doors prior to this it seems and you have to be in the right place for it all to connect (I was building something on a third level and was having trouble attaching the outer hall-to-door section until I got close enough as it seems you can't really do it from inside the hall).

It's a shame that it will take a player to break down how to get the building done but I was honestly surprised how much I was enjoying it. I lost about 2 hours clearing the cavern and starting my vault, the amount of space given is generous to say the least

void666

Banned
Thought achievements were disabled.

Humm what mods should I get? I am lvl 13 though.

Mods will disable achievements. But you can use mods to reenable achievements in a modded game.

Regarding mods i don't think there are any necessary mods yet. It's a matter of what do you want. What kind of mods do you think will improve your experience? Textures? Weather? Weapons?
Then browse the nexus or bethesda.net if your on xbox.

Question with those on the Vault DLC. If I complete the Vault will I get the items at other workshops?

Really wondering if I should do it as I am using mods so won't get any achievements

I can't believe how much they screwed us ps4 owners, it's way too late now anyway. My season pass was worth it imo, but I'm still annoyed at how Xbox basically got a massive feature as an exclusive deal, without being announced as one. I'd have probably bought a xbone for this game I was so hyped for it.

That's not Beth's fault though......

MattyG

Banned
I'll admit it's beyond fiddly and there doesn't seem to be many if any help messages. Apologies if I've misunderstood you, but I found that you cannot add a room unless you have a hall-to-doorway piece, then a doorway piece from the specific room you want to connect. You can't put in doors prior to this it seems and you have to be in the right place for it all to connect (I was building something on a third level and was having trouble attaching the outer hall-to-door section until I got close enough as it seems you can't really do it from inside the hall).

It's a shame that it will take a player to break down how to get the building done but I was honestly surprised how much I was enjoying it. I lost about 2 hours clearing the cavern and starting my vault, the amount of space given is generous to say the least
This may be my problem. I'll try it out when I get home.

If I can figure out all the quirks to building, that's it for me, I'll never stop playing this. It's just so damn finicky now.

void666

Banned
Question with those on the Vault DLC. If I complete the Vault will I get the items at other workshops?

Really wondering if I should do it as I am using mods so won't get any achievements

You can't use the stuff under structures to build outside of vault 88.
Decorations and furniture are available though.

MattyG

Banned
Is there any ceiling piece for the Utility set in the Vault DLC? I built 2 lvl room with a nuclear reactor in the middle and the 2nd floor just being a walkway with railings in the middle, but that leaves the ceiling wide open because the only ceiling piece seems to be the one with the floor too.

Also, how exactly does power work? Do I need to run powerlines to everything or just throw the reactor down?

Man this DLC is awful in my opinion.

Lackluster start, followed by walking through dull caves killing mole rat after mole rat.

Then I need to build a bike and attach it to a terminal. No one goes on the bike. They just stand there like idiots.

Feel like walking out and not returning

Filben

I picked up on Fallout 4 again. Seriously, this time. Just did some of the Silver Shrout quests and was thinking 'wow, just awesome'. The radio chatter, conversations from the past matching up the recent events on how you progress further down the quest line. Together with the new graphics features like HBAO+ (which adds way more depth to every rendered scene) and the weapon impact debris, gunfights never looked better in any RPG. So, besides the wonderful lighting and graphics quality, it's so much fun to play. I just beat Fallout New Vegas a couple of days ago an I really miss its fun dialoge lines with its dark humour. But other than that, Fallout 4 made a huge step forward gameplay-wise. Especially with the dialog system in place. I did this one quest a bit up north where I had to find a stolen sword for a farmer in a settlement and a son who joined the raiders. While in dialoge with the raider's boss, the missing son talked simultanously. The moment where I could choose my answer, THEY talked with each other and as soon as I gave my answer, the boss faced me again. The seamless transition between gameplay and dialog system (like starting a conversation from the ego perspective with my character saying "hey!" and the NPC responding while I can still move around) AND the seamless transition between different conversation participants is something I also never seen before in any game. This has to go standard. More options in dialoges would be nice, though.

I could write about much more stuff I really like about Fallout 4 but those are the highlights I had to speak about right now. And this comes from a guy who grew up with Fallout 1 as one of his favorite games of all times.

Sarcasm

Mods will disable achievements. But you can use mods to reenable achievements in a modded game.

Regarding mods i don't think there are any necessary mods yet. It's a matter of what do you want. What kind of mods do you think will improve your experience? Textures? Weather? Weapons?
Then browse the nexus or bethesda.net if your on xbox.

I know it is subjective but it is a pain to browse that website. Just fishing for some recommendations.

Maybe glow mushrooms farm mod or something.

Sarcasm

So I actually grew a pair and started modding.

I got:

Unofficial Patch
Survival Console Enabler (older one, which means no TGM, autosaves etc)
Achievement Enabler (so I can get them)
Longer Power Lines
Craftable Glowing Fungus (word choice is bad as its planting in your farm).

Now I found one farm mod which adds a ton of thing sto grow and buildable stuff (greenhouse type stuff) which hasn't been updated since like February. Some bug reports mention invisible stuff causing CTD. If say down the line the mod updates and CTDs become very little for it (as I get 0 atm), can I take out the craftable glowing fungus?

Also any recommendations on a chem mod? I found http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2514/? and http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3914/?

MattyG

Banned
Son of a bitch. I built an atrium, an Overseers office and a power room and then tried to build down one of the tunnels and NOPE. The incline's all wrong and the tiles aren't lined up right and nothing will snap GAHHHHHH.

Sarcasm

So playing survival and it feels like I need to actually invest in some weapon damage increasing perks.
Thing is in the wiki I can't find out how tell (for the not very obvious to me) which weapon falls under which perk. Is there a guide somewhere?

I also found a rifle with a recon scope. I don't need science to remove and install it on something else right?

I took lone wanderer, is it worth trying to get buddy buddy with other companions for their perk? Like that MM dude from the museum?

OK thanks.

Is there a way to disable the launcher that appears after launching the game from steam?

It comes up with Play game, and other options.

Reason being I'm using the Xbox one controller and the launcher requires mouse input to select 'play game'

I'm playing big picture mode.

Filben

I got everything ultra except shadows. No dips.

I7 3770K and GTX670 2Gb.
Woot? GTX 770 and i5 4690K here, and no way I get 60FPS with everything on ultra except for shadows. (Godrays on ultra, really? Performance hit is like:)
9lhiO1v.jpg

And with shadow distance on high and quality on high. Nope, 60FPS not possible without dips and many areas in the wastelands. Interiors, yes, but not outside.

These are the settings I have to use to get 50-60FPS in every situation:

Sarcasm

Oh yeah my bad god rays lowered or off. I haven't looked since I set the settings way back. Draw distances are past half to, not maxed. Few settings too. I was just talking about textures and stuff I guess LOL

Keep in mind I haven't been to that one radiation place or poison or something. I had to limit the FPS for interiors too.

So playing survival and it feels like I need to actually invest in some weapon damage increasing perks.
Thing is in the wiki I can't find out how tell (for the not very obvious to me) which weapon falls under which perk. Is there a guide somewhere?

Don't know if there's a guide since there's so many weapons. What weapons are you having trouble with it?

Pistols=Gunslinger, automatic weapons=Commando, rifles/shotguns=Rifleman, heavy guns are obvious, and ammo doesn't matter, so an energy rifle still falls under rifleman.

I also found a rifle with a recon scope. I don't need science to remove and install it on something else right?

Right. Only need science to make the scope.

I took lone wanderer, is it worth trying to get buddy buddy with other companions for their perk? Like that MM dude from the museum?

Yes. Preston's perk (United We Stand) is ridiculously good for almost every build. Despite how awesome it is for Survivor, I'd have put off LW until you got the companion perks you wanted.

Originally played this all on PS4, good fun, but recently built a PC and got it for that as well, its so much more fun not having to use VATS for everything.

The lighting even seems better, more god rays or something ? Something about the overall lighting quality just looks better.

Shame the menus are sucky for M&KB :(

Sarcasm

I can't carry ANYTHING lol!

I dumped everything I don't need too. I found a post. Can only carry one item heh. Dog can't carry much at all >.>

Sarcasm

My mods glitched out and I can't really use my survival save anymore.

What do I do? I started my two week break and I don't think I can start over..my will is gone.

Go and play New Vegas.

I am done with Fallout 4 after that last DLC. So thanks to backwards compatibility decided to play and complete fallout NV.

The gun play isn't great at all, I really miss it. But the story, locations and everything is such an improvement on 4.

I forgot about skill checks, Good spring for first mission alone I needed 25 Barter (which I had) for armour, 15 for explosives for free dynamite (didn't have) and 25 for speech to get more people to help to defeat powder gangers (I had that), and that was after I picked to fight them, I had the opportunity to side with the Power Gang.

This was the first mission
It had more choice and complexity than any fallout 4 missions.

JoeNut

can't decide whether to just leave it alone or sink another hour into it now i've scrapped everything, there must be some decent content in there surely.

Branson

I am done with Fallout 4 after that last DLC. So thanks to backwards compatibility decided to play and complete fallout NV.

The gun play isn't great at all, I really miss it. But the story, locations and everything is such an improvement on 4.

I forgot about skill checks, Good spring for first mission alone I needed 25 Barter (which I had) for armour, 15 for explosives for free dynamite (didn't have) and 25 for speech to get more people to help to defeat powder gangers (I had that), and that was after I picked to fight them, I had the opportunity to side with the Power Gang.

This was the first mission
It had more choice and complexity than any fallout 4 missions.
Yeah man, the writing in the game is fantastic and makes me sad we won't get another one from Obsidian it seems like. I still need to go back and finish the DLC.

can't decide whether to just leave it alone or sink another hour into it now i've scrapped everything, there must be some decent content in there surely.

Fallout 4: There Must Be Something Decent in Here, Right? The Game.

I keep going back to it after 60 hours trying to get back into the world so I can play the DLC I spent $30 on but damn I'm finding it hard lol.

Filben

Some of my favorite DLC ever.
My favorite one was Point Lookout in Fallout 3 (I wish the Steam version had achievements...). Cool story line and way different environment. Haven't played all of them in New Vegas, though. I am currently at Old World Blues.

I wish New Vegas would have the same graphic's quality and gunplay like Fallout 4 but keeping the rest of New Vegas.

NandoGip

Playing on Xbox. Modded the hell out of the game. Guns, gameplay, weather, performance, radio stations, Dogmeats a robot, and many other adjustments. Game runs great too. The only problem is settlers won't assign since this new patch :(

Playing on Xbox. Modded the hell out of the game. Guns, gameplay, weather, performance, radio stations, Dogmeats a robot, and many other adjustments. Game runs great too. The only problem is settlers won't assign since this new patch :(

Delete one mod. See if it fixes. If not reinstal that mod and delete another.
I had a glitch where I was invisible all the time. Had to do this to get the nod deleted causing bother. Will take a while, best to delete the last thing you installed first

Top Bottom