• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

The radroach massacres REALLY need a patch. It's ridiculous, they can wipe out your whole vault if you aren't careful. Every single one of my guys is armed and armored and these little bastards just ripped through them like tissue paper. I had to restart my entire save because there was just no coming back. Really soured me on this game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The radroach massacres REALLY need a patch. It's ridiculous, they can wipe out your whole vault if you aren't careful. Every single one of my guys is armed and armored and these little bastards just ripped through them like tissue paper. I had to restart my entire save because there was just no coming back. Really soured me on this game.

Yeah they are way overpowered. You have to micro manage the encounters with Stimpaks.

Wiggy

Do any of the SPECIAL attributes make your dweller better fighting raiders/radroaches? (Other than better guns of course)

Also, do any attributes help those sent out of the vault?

Insomnium

I think it scales with your room level, so a level 3 room will have worse infestation. If your level 3 room doesn't have 4+ ppl armed it will spread. That's from my experience so far

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone playing this on an iPad2? Seems to run like crap on mine :(

I did and it stopped working after awhile. Their website says it's for Ipad3 and up, which is weird that they'll still let me download it. Though I'm not really familiar with a lot of mobile games.

sangreal

Yeah they are way overpowered. You have to micro manage the encounters with Stimpaks.

does it get harder as time goes on? I've never had any issues dispatching the rad roaches or raiders

Do you have to do anything to heal peple in the wastelands? I gave him supplies and assumed he would use them himself, but as far as I can tell he doesn't. I always have to heal him when he gets back to the vault.

Chanser

Do you have to do anything to heal peple in the wastelands? I gave him supplies and assumed he would use them himself, but as far as I can tell he doesn't. I always have to heal him when he gets back to the vault.

He should heal himself, mine does everytime.

Haven't reached the god tier roaches yet.

kubus

Doing quite well in my vault, for now... The roaches are getting stronger and I have a hard time getting caps quickly.

CH1MjVqUcAAGvV3.jpg:large

I pulled two Power Suits in my first two lunch boxes that I got through the tutorial. Only now I realize how lucky I was :p

dubc35

Played it for a couple days and this is a definite nope from me. I don't care to micro manage anything and I sure as heck will not spend my free time "enjoying" micro managing ai bots.

E* I understand the enjoyment in building up an empire and am not just saying the game sucks in general. I, personal opinion, do not want to seek out micro managing as my downtime/gaming time source of fun.

kubus

Errr, I just bought the €9,98 IAP (15 lunch boxes) but I got 30.

Checked my creditcard history and I only paid €9.98 (though in two batches, one transaction of €1,98 and one transaction of €8,98)

Glitch or..?

Maitiú

I have 50+ dwellers and I can go all day without playing without any affect on my vault. The people having problems are probably those who stretched their resources too thin and just didn't realize it. One guy complained of getting ruined by rad roaches after sending two people out into the wilderness. Probably shouldn't send two people. Another complained of armed guys not being able to take down roaches, but what are they armed with and what is their endurance rating? Are you designating select men on each corner of your vault to have your best weapons and armor, and leveling up their endurance? Stimpaks crank out super fast if you've set a couple of dwellers in a classroom for a day or so.

darknemus

Maitiú;168996673 said:
I have 50+ dwellers and I can go all day without playing without any affect on my vault. The people having problems are probably those who stretched their resources too thin and just didn't realize it. One guy complained of getting ruined by rad roaches after sending two people out into the wilderness. Probably shouldn't send two people. Another complained of armed guys not being able to take down roaches, but what are they armed with and what is their endurance rating? Are you designating select men on each corner of your vault to have your best weapons and armor, and leveling up their endurance? Stimpaks crank out super fast if you've set a couple of dwellers in a classroom for a day or so.

Does training in a room (let's say strength) crank out a stat all the way to ten? Or does it have a cap on how "high" it can go?

The roaches get stronger following of the rating of the room, basically the more you upgrade the more stronger the incident will happen (fire/roaches).
So you need to put higher level dwellers in higher level rooms to substain less damage as possible.

And armours do nothing for fighting atm, it's all about the level of the dwellers, the more HP the more damage they will be able to take, for that reason never sprint big power generators, they invite the nastier roaches ever.

Shai-Tan

Banned

I'm pretty sure it's part of the monetization model to incentivize buying lunch boxes.

Ourobolus

Banned
I feel bad that I basically have one woman who hangs out in the living quarters making babies while her husband mans the radio room, only returning to impregnate her once more when the child is born.

Maitiú

Does training in a room (let's say strength) crank out a stat all the way to ten? Or does it have a cap on how "high" it can go?

Yeah, you can train your dwellers to 10 on any SPECIAL, but I don't advise it, because each level takes longer to train than the last. Once they're at level 8 I think it takes about 18 hours to level up to 9 and all you get from that is +1 on your electricity production (going with your example), so instead I've been finding the two workers in each production type that have the lowest skill levels and put them in each training room and leave them there for about a day and then switch them out with my new lowest workers. This way I get more production per unit of time (each character gets 3-5 skill points within 24 hours rather than just the 1 from trying to max out someone), I have security of resource production in case something should happen to my best workers, and I find I don't have to keep building in order to sustain my growing community. That last part is important, as this game is a piece of cake if you can keep your essential rooms stocked completely full of people to defend themselves against fires, roaches, and raiders (stronger in numbers!). If you only have 2-4 people in a room that fits 6, and none of those guys have any of your best weapons or any of them are pregnant, then god help them.

Have only played for a little and already know it's not my type a game. Not big on the whole micromanaging concept of any of these mobile games.

hepburn3d

So I finally got all 50 dwellers an outfit. My next Lunch box mission ... Collect 22 outfits!

I'm holding out on building anything till I have 60 peeps so I can start replacing my power plants with nuclear reactors. I think I'd rather build the big stuff than lots of little power rooms

Kumquat

Since most of the people you get to randomly show up at your vault are meh I have devised them a test of sorts. Once arrived they will be issued a standard vault suit and sent out into the wasteland.

If they manage to procure a suitable gun and suit of armor before they die they will be allowed into the vault where their training will begin. If they fail their bodies will be consumed by the various rad scorpions out there.

THE OVERSEER HAS SPOKEN!

Haines

Banned
Is this worth playing now

Or a game I should wait for an update with bug fixes etc.

I know its fairly new so just asking

I did and it stopped working after awhile. Their website says it's for Ipad3 and up, which is weird that they'll still let me download it. Though I'm not really familiar with a lot of mobile games.

Runs like ass on the iPad 3 as well. Like single digit framerate during attacks and at best <20fps. High resolution without the horsepower to run it.
Really need to get a new tablet :(

Still the game is quite fun, and scratches that town-building itch in a way few games on mobile seem to, at least without gross microtransactions. Actually kind of wish the breeding mechanic was more robust, because carefully selecting who will make sexy times seems almost like half the fun.

darknemus

Is this worth playing now

Or a game I should wait for an update with bug fixes etc.

I know its fairly new so just asking

I'm playing on an Ipad 2 I had laying around (anxiously awaiting the android release), and it crashes on the regular. I've started to play less and less because of it and definitely won't be buying any of the lunchboxes till they get their act straightened out.

xkramz

Since most of the people you get to randomly show up at your vault are meh I have devised them a test of sorts. Once arrived they will be issued a standard vault suit and sent out into the wasteland.

If they manage to procure a suitable gun and suit of armor before they die they will be allowed into the vault where their training will begin. If they fail their bodies will be consumed by the various rad scorpions out there.

THE OVERSEER HAS SPOKEN!

Haha typical overseer bull shit lmao

Pilgrimzero

Yeah - I'm playing it on an iPad 2 and it runs like crap. I had to quit playing. :(

I am as well. Cant load my first vault without it crashing now. Happened when I got to about 34 people.

2nd vault is doing OK but I fear getting into the 30s again

Also just tried to hook a guy and girl up and was wondering why they weren't... mating. Father and Daughter... awkward...

Savitar

Someones been busy I see.

But then one guy in my vault called Jack seems to have gotten three women pregnant. Even the punk like chick.

Also not sure if it's a today thing or what but I did what we should not do, I made a purchase. And it doubled what I asked for. I checked, only got billed for one.

Got Allistair Tenpenny and Jericho!

Tenpenny comes with a sniper gun and is like level 39

Kurdel

Banned
Game is great, only missing iCloud saves!

if they go on about being with family in the living quarters does that mean you're trying to breed relatives?

I think so, I've been trying to make an interbred mess a la Viva Pinata and I don't think that's goins to happen :(

When you recall someone from the Wasteland are they still able to pick up gear and supplies on their way back?

From my experience, no. But they also don't encounter enemies and won't take any more damage, so even if they're badly hurt, they should make it back to the Vault no problem.

Top Bottom