• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

Varvor

Insuddenly have an urge to go and play The War of Mine....yet i also want to play Fallout games....what do?

PS: they need to add some serious depth to this game....and sync eith the cloud.

neshcom

Banned
Assign 22 dwellers to the right room? All my dwellers are in the right room :( wish they'd fix that task

Yeah, so many of these objectives are, at the best, trivial. If you've got so many pregnant women, getting a pregnancy objective could stagnate for a while. At least with assigning the right job or equipping people, you can unequip/assign and redo it.

vpance

My shelter was looking great - almost 100% happiness

Then I went to work for 8 hours and everything turned to shit. I mow can't keep all the parameters up, everyone had radiation poisoning and overall happiness us less than 15% :( People keep dying because I can't keep my water supply up!

I know you've quit already, but as long as you keep the rate of production above consumption you'll never have this problem when you come back.

vpance

Played this for a couple of days before I got bored. So I made up a goal, which I think is the point. My vault's purpose would be the creation of super soldiers. 100% of all the effort goes into training the dwellers' children to max out their SPECIAL stats. Since eugenics was out of the question, all the production facilities are there just to feed the training rooms.

I'm trying to do the same. I stopped growing the pop at 60 and just rotate like 20 people around each training room to make them well rounded. Then the next step will be to get them XP in the production rooms to level them up to 20+ and send them out to the wasteland.

I sent a level 15ish guy out with an auto shotgun but after 12 hours he reached a point where he couldn't kill any of the high lvl enemies and ran from every fight. I'm guessing the super soldiers will have better results.

Is the Radio Studio pretty much random? I set an alarm and came back for the countdown timer running out, expecting someone to show up, and nothing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I wish this was on Android already. :(
I don't play that many mobile games and this is right up my alley.

sangreal

Is there any sort of ending to this game or is it just "fill your vault to 200 dwellers" and that's it?

i was hoping that once I unlocked the nuke cola plant that it would kill off your vault or something, but no such luck. end game seems to just be collect all the lunchbox cards

oxidax

I just played this on my sisters iPhone. Oh my gawd!!! The best 4 hours wasted ever!! I need this on Android rapido!

Can anybody please recommend me a similar game that's available on Android :(

Prosopon

It would be great if I could play this game with a mouse, but I feel like If I used a mouse with a smartphone that would be a sign that I was taking mobile gaming too seriously.

Haines

Banned
Deleted the game on my second day so I wouldn't open it up BC every time I did the game play wasn't fun. It was just a bunch of slot machine sounds.

I van see the appeal of having aindless cellphone game but I'd rather spent that time better.

Did it make me excited for fallout 4? Hell yes.

RowdyReverb

Is anyone else a little disappointed that you can't build Fallout robots like Mr. Handy or a Protectron? It would be awesome if a production room churned out robots with a skill level and lifespan determined by the intelligence of the people working in the shop. They could consume power instead of food/water and act as guards or temporary boosters for the room they're in.

Is there any sort of ending to this game or is it just "fill your vault to 200 dwellers" and that's it?
I think once I near 200 dwellers, I'm going to see how deep I can build. It seems like there's more vertical space than you can even support with 200 dwellers. Maybe if I built power plants all the way down?

Quite enjoy this game, my only complaint is the fucking dragging vault dwellers to where you want them seems so finicky. Wish I could just click where I want them.

hepburn3d

1. Don't leave the game without all meters full. It seems to take off a set amount no matter how long you've been away from the game.
2. Sell BB guns they're useless
3. Try to always have your required resource meters at half or less
4. Always have at least 10 stimpacks. Radroach insurance.
5. Let fires spread if they start in an empty room. They go out by themselves and the rooms around it will get xp for putting them out.
6. Don't let radroach infestations spread. This can quickly deplete your stimpack supply.
7. Dont baby boom. Slowly increase your population.
8. Keep around 2-4 strong weapons in storage. Distribute these when under attack. It'll speed up defence times. Take them back when you're done.
9. Upgrade your vault door ASAP if you don't have guards. That extra time lets you have your guards somewhere else training up.
10. Make your own goal :) this game has no depth so you need your own mission. Mine is currently to raise all specials to max and have super soldiers explore the wasteland for weeks.

Kumquat

That thing is a beast. I have one of my elite dwellers out in the wasteland with that and he bring me major loot.

I also have gauss rifle in the vault to protect against raiders. They get bodied in a matter of seconds, lol.

Yeah. I just equipped Euology Jones with it and he has been trucking in the Wasteland all night with no sign of slowing down.

This game is like Tiny Tower but more fun! I've never played it but I played Tiny Death Star for a while. Not a bad Star Wars game.

Enjoying this one so far.

Oscar

Since I spent so much time on this and didn't buy a single thing from the Steam sale, I pulled the trigger on 40 lunchboxes (I know).

Got mostly weapons and caps, and a few super dwellers. One of em was level 36 and with every SPECIAL stat almost capped. The others just had one specific stat really high.

Wouldn't recommend buying lunchboxes to anyone. Too random. I'd say a good half of these lunch boxes were mainly caps/stims/ok weapons.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Welp, that was fun while it lasted. There really is no point to anything after you have all the rooms unlocked. Still want a full-fledged version of this. It would make for an awesome, awesome sim type PC game.

Oppo

CIG-fnbWcAAKn03.jpg

makes sense, when you think about it

kubus

Since I spent so much time on this and didn't buy a single thing from the Steam sale, I pulled the trigger on 40 lunchboxes (I know).

Got mostly weapons and caps, and a few super dwellers. One of em was level 36 and with every SPECIAL stat almost capped. The others just had one specific stat really high.

Wouldn't recommend buying lunchboxes to anyone. Too random. I'd say a good half of these lunch boxes were mainly caps/stims/ok weapons.
Should've gotten the 15 lunch box tier, that one seems bugged as it gives you 30 instead :p. Happened to me and someone else in the thread already. Wonder if they fixed it.

But yeah agreed, I already kind of regret spending that 10 euro. I got some cool NPCs, outfits and weapons but most of it was garbage.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Welp, that was fun while it lasted. There really is no point to anything after you have all the rooms unlocked. Still want a full-fledged version of this. It would make for an awesome, awesome sim type PC game.

This War of Mine on Steam is highly similar. I've had it on my wishlist for a long time. And forgot to get it during the summer same.

prateeko

Is this what the SIMS is like? Jesus it's addictive. I've been travelling and I mildly over extended myself while I was about to touch down for a connecting flight. For the first time in my life, with no other recourse, I purchased lunchboxes in the 30 minutes before flights. Since then I've been smarter about my shelter and it's coming along nicely but even though it was credit used from the App Store, I feel dirty.

hepburn3d

Screw those roaches. Do not have a row of empty rooms. By the time my guys got to the room they had spread in 2 directions. By the time they got back to their own rooms they had spread again! 6 rooms all infested! 25 stimpacks and 5 dead dwellers later :(

My advice, build resource rooms straight down the middle so you always have dwellers in the middle who can run into the room

Edit: Aaaaaand all of a sudden I'm done :| what's up with free to play games? I found the same with tiny tower. Love it, love it, love it ... Wam bored. Always hits like a cannonball. It's a shame but at least I can get back to my less addictive games now :D

Edit x 2:
Deleted. Amazing game. Like heroin. I'm free now though. Freeeeee

Screw those roaches. Do not have a row of empty rooms. By the time my guys got to the room they had spread in 2 directions. By the time they got back to their own rooms they had spread again! 6 rooms all infested! 25 stimpacks and 5 dead dwellers later :(

My advice, build resource rooms straight down the middle so you always have dwellers in the middle who can run into the room

Edit: Aaaaaand all of a sudden I'm done :| what's up with free to play games? I found the same with tiny tower. Love it, love it, love it ... Wam bored. Always hits like a cannonball. It's a shame but at least I can get back to my less addictive games now :D

Edit x 2:
Deleted. Amazing game. Like heroin. I'm free now though. Freeeeee

If no one is in a room, the roaches eventually leave but spread to other rooms.

celebi23

Anyone else playing it on a 5th Gen iPod Touch? The game keeps crashing every few minutes :/ Awesome game besides the crashes.

Vyer

So yeah, it seems that if you have a good balance and are producing enough for your dwellers then being away from the game isn't going to turn everything to shit. But if your dwellers aren't covered appropriately there will be a dumpster fire when you return.

Is this what the SIMS is like? Jesus it's addictive. I've been travelling and I mildly over extended myself while I was about to touch down for a connecting flight. For the first time in my life, with no other recourse, I purchased lunchboxes in the 30 minutes before flights. Since then I've been smarter about my shelter and it's coming along nicely but even though it was credit used from the App Store, I feel dirty.

Meh, I have no problem with at least 1 buy in those instances if I feel the game was well made and not hamstrung by forced content purchases. It still took time and resources to make.

Kumquat

I recently built the nuke reactors. Attempting to build up enough dwellers to get a garden but worried because my food levels are already starting to slide. Going to have to spit out a bunch of babies at once then build the garden fast.

Anyone else playing it on a 5th Gen iPod Touch? The game keeps crashing every few minutes :/ Awesome game besides the crashes.

My game is pretty much unplayable now that I have 30 inhabitants and 4 levels of rooms.

Fun little game, but not worth the 5 minute load to get into the game just for it to crash a minute in (that is if it even gets into the actual game).

I wish there was a browser version.

gimmmick

I'm loving this game so much. Downloaded the day after their press conference. So far I have 63 population (5 incoming tomorrow morning), have 3 people on hunt at the badlands (great source of income once they are strong enough (around level 20). Overall it starts off really slow but picks up like no other once you start rolling. Had to reset my game 2 times because I fudged up too much and didn't want to keep tearing down / rebuilding. Also, I notice it's pretty much a waste if you have more than 2x (water or dinning). I rather upgrade the stats of my workers which indeed makes the wait for resources a lot smaller. I think I get 49 points every 55 seconds for power and 40 food every min. Just a little food for thought since I have seen so many screenshots of people mass producing their resources.

Overall great and fun game. Playing it on my ipad air 2, I can't play this shit on my 5s lol. (the screen is just way to small).

IMG_0755_zps7bsxpvzx.png

gimmmick

Oh gosh. I think I had Eulogy Jones out there for about 2 days. 42 hours. He picked up some nice stuff in the second half of his journey. The longer they are out there the more cool stuff they pick up.

Is it better to upgrade your luck or indurance to grab cool loot?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is it better to upgrade your luck or indurance to grab cool loot?

I found that endurance makes them last longer and luck makes them find better stuff. But they always seem to find more stuff in the later stages of an outing. So the longer they stay the more then find, and the higher luck, the better it is. So it's more a question of quality vs. quantity.

ObiDin

Yeah, I've had to stop playing.

The bugs are rage inducing:

1. Raiders shooting and killing vault dwellers in rooms 2 levels away from their current room.
2. Vault dwellers not attacking raiders. Just standing there, smiling, holding a pistol.
3. Not being able to select a vault dweller, because there's too much going on I guess.

I don't really understand how production of resources work. Without really changing anything in my vault I go from having plenty of food and barely meeting the minimum for power and water to having max water and barely enough food.

gAg CruSh3r

I'm so dang addicted to this game. Right now I have around 55 dwellers. I had to go through hell and back with my vault because of radroche infestation (killed at least 22 dwellers that were level 20 or higher). I saved my ass because I coughed up and bought a lunch box that had a dweller with T-51f power armor and very high stats. Now my vault is running like a well oiled machine.

neshcom

Banned
Got to 100 dwellers yesterday and now my iPad Mini 2 keeps crashing. Feeling like getting to 200 just won't be worth it.

Uthred

Is there anyway to permanently get rid of someone? Clicked through the naming of a new resident and the fact they disrupt my naming scheme is wrecking my head ;)

Top Bottom