• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry in full VR

Bridges

This is awesome, would love to see an official VR version of Far Cry 3. Ubisoft should've done that instead of whatever Assassin's Creed VR is.

skit_data

What is nonfull vr?
Playing VR on an empty stomach
QF9c2nk.gif

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm glad someone took time to make this but I'm probably gonna skip this one. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for VR. Graphics are too dated to look impressive up close, the AI is too stupid for the combat to be any fun, gameplay is too basic to allow for some fun VR interactions... Overall, I think it would be a really boring VR experience compared to something like Half-Life 2 which translates extremely well into the format.

If someone makes a VR mod for the original Crysis - now that could be a fun time.

King Dazzar

I'm glad someone took time to make this but I'm probably gonna skip this one. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for VR. Graphics are too dated to look impressive up close, the AI is too stupid for the combat to be any fun, gameplay is too basic to allow for some fun VR interactions... Overall, I think it would be a really boring VR experience compared to something like Half-Life 2 which translates extremely well into the format.

If someone makes a VR mod for the original Crysis - now that could be a fun time.
Its been a long time since I played the original Far Cry. But I remember once you're half way in there are some very very frustrating moments, which I'm not sure would be any the better for VR.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Its been a long time since I played the original Far Cry. But I remember once you're half way in there are some very very frustrating moments, which I'm not sure would be any the better for VR.
Yeah, there are these ape-like monsters that can one-shot you later in the game. They're not so bad once you learn to deal with them but you really need to have eyes around your head and be quick on the trigger to deal with them effectively, which I can't imagine would be easy to pull off in VR.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Become Jack Carver and experience Far Cry like never before. Far Cry VR is a fan-made modification that transforms the original game into a roomscale Virtual Reality experience. Mod features:
- full roomscale 6DOF VR rendering and movement
- full motion controller support
- two-handed gun handling
- immersive binocular and weapon scope handling
- manual ladder climbing
- controller vibrations and bHaptics vest support

The mod is free. Go to https://farcryvr.de for instructions and the download link.

Top Bottom