• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fast and the Furious 5" has a title...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118014674.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

FAST FIVE

Universal Pictures is hitting the accelerator on a fifth installment of "Fast and Furious," titled "Fast Five."

Studio has closed deals with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, director Justin Lin and producer Neal Moritz to return to the franchise, which has become one of the studio's most lucrative.

Diesel and Walker sat out the third chapter in the series but returned for last year's fourth installment, which was the highest-grossing "Fast and Furious" film and Universal's top grosser of 2009. Its box-office haul was more than $350 million worldwide.

Chris Morgan is writing "Fast Five," marking the third time he and Lin have teamed for a "Fast and Furious" film. The story finds protags Dom (Diesel) and Brian (Walker) as fugitives being pursued by legendary lawmen.

Lensing will begin later this year for a 2011 release.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Worst name yet, but I'll definitely see it.
They really need to spin Tokyo Drift off into it's own series though.

Oreoleo

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I knew Diesel and Walker were hard up for money when they did the last one, but I assumed it would be the LAST ONE. They must be REALLY hard up for money.

Edit: Not that I've seen any of these abortions they call "movies" except for the first when it came out LIKE A DECADE AGO. FUCK.

Costanza

Banned
hwuwuf.gif

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Hopefully this one has more than one street racing scene.

I've yet to see 4. I lost interest after Tokyo Drift. It was better than I thought it would be but I couldn't get over the main character.

2 is my favorite though. :lol

noisome07

Banned
VGChampion said:
I've yet to see 4. I lost interest after Tokyo Drift. It was better than I thought it would be but I couldn't get over the main character.

2 is my favorite though. :lol

Watch part 4, it's great.

2886zpv.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
jakncoke said:
Did they have a board meeting and go. " Guys...I want you to think of the worst title ever" FAIL!

I think it was more along the lines of "Guys...I want you to think of the worst movie ever. Now make a fourth sequel to it."

Blablurn

i'm looking forward to it! btw, tokyo drift was the best one so far. but i also love the other movie. great franchise <3

btkadams

Orellio said:

I knew Diesel and Walker were hard up for money when they did the last one, but I assumed it would be the LAST ONE. They must be REALLY hard up for money.

Edit: Not that I've seen any of these abortions they call "movies" except for the first when it came out LIKE A DECADE AGO. FUCK.
:lol so you have such a strong opinion yet you haven't seen any of the last 3 movies?

jakncoke

Banned
Archaix said:
I think it was more along the lines of "Guys...I want you to think of the worst movie ever. Now make a fourth sequel to it."

haha yeah. I just hope the 6th FF has a better name

Orellio said:

Fucking movie elitists

G-Fex

So legendary lawmen meaning...what?

Judge Dredd and John Spartan?

Or Tango and Cash?

I'd love both ideas actually.

yencid

legendary... I better see some Robocop and judge dredd up in this bitch

G-Fex said:
So legendary lawmen meaning...what?

Judge Dredd and John Spartan?

Or Tango and Cash?

I'd love both ideas actually.
FUCK MAN! beaten :[

Dresden

The legendary lawmen will probably be evil asians. Then you'll have one sympathetic asian character who'll impress diesel by doing donuts in the parking lot. He'll then die, leading to a climatic confrontation with diesel and walker racing against the said evil group of asians. Then their cars will explode.

KamenSenshi

whats with the love for tokyo drift? other than having sailor mars i didnt think it was this well loved. can't really see how it compares to the first.

jey_16

Banned
i think i liked Tokyo drift just because it was half-decent compared to the crap that was 2 Fast 2 Furious

Fast and Furious did nothing for me though

Rezbit

Dresden said:
The legendary lawmen will probably be evil asians. Then you'll have one sympathetic asian character who'll impress diesel by doing donuts in the parking lot. He'll then die, leading to a climatic confrontation with diesel and walker racing against the said evil group of asians. Then their cars will explode.

Fast Furious Hexagons:

Dom and Brian are framed by Triads who are smuggling in parts from the black market. Now, they are out for revenge while trying to evade a hot-shot rookie new to the force. Their only hope - a new car rigged with hexagon super NOS.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really like the premise. If these lawmen truly are legendary, then they better have some kickass driving skills. In fact, they should be better drivers than Diesel and Walker.. and chase them accross the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom