• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite kind of rpg Action versus Turn Based

Best kind of RPG

• Action RPG

Votes: 112 47.9%
  • Turn Based

Votes: 122 52.1%

• Total voters
I just can't get into to turn based rpg's!
I tried with Final fantasy back on the ps1 , I really don't know what people see in them.
I almost got Baldures gate 3 but turn based.....

EDMIX

I just can't get into to turn based rpg's!
I tried with Final fantasy back on the ps1 , I really don't know what people see in them.
I almost got Baldures gate 3 but turn based.....

There is something about sitting back, planning a move and strategizing how to win turn by turn that is really fun.

Its not for everyone and its hard for me to even give you an example of one you should try, as I admit... Danjin44 Danjin44 and myself would have a bias on great turn base games.

So how could even recommend or say "this is a good one to start with" cause its good to us, we don't know how you'd react to any of em.

I mean, maybe FF4 is solid enough, Chrono Trigger is also an amazing turn based game, FFX is also very solid, same with Bravely Default 2, Persona 3, 4 and 5.

I think I can name many solid turn based games that are not too crazy in terms of learning curves and you may not like em regardless lol I really do think its worth it to try out, Baldur's Gate 3 is so fucking good, that game right now easily will be a staple RPG, but this concept isn't for everyone.

Top Bottom