• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Xbox. I was big into PlayStation before, but I converted. I don’t really want to buy a second console after my XSX, so I’ll have to wait and see if this game comes to the X. If not, then I guess I’m not playing it. 🤣
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Xbox. I was big into PlayStation before, but I converted. I don’t really want to buy a second console after my XSX, so I’ll have to wait and see if this game comes to the X. If not, then I guess I’m not playing it. 🤣
If you are a big FF fan though i suggest to get a PS5 cause FF16 is likely a full exclusive and will never come to Xbox ever

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

If se wants ppl to buy it on Xbox they should release it at the same time as other platforms. I'm not giving se a dime!
Exactly where I stand. If you want the game to be fully exclusive like street fighter 5 was then sure whatever deal is a deal. But this timed exclusively bullshit they can shove the game down their throat. not gonna give them money. Same way I didn't buy it on PC.
They just want to milk it. Milk away to the idiots that double dip . I am out

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Wanting the game to come to multiple platforms I own is me not caring about the game ?

wtf kind of logic leap is that :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Waiting 2+ years for a port on GP when you have the original platform makes no sense to me (and it was a giveaway too). You could own this game today for the price of 1 GP month lol

I can already see that "Day 1 babayyy! Yay! Value!!" fake hype post from you if ever it's announced 😂

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Waiting 2+ years for a port on GP when you have the original platform makes no sense to me (and it was a giveaway too). You could own this game today for the price of 1 GP month lol

I can already see that "Day 1 babayyy! Yay! Value!!" fake hype post from you if ever it's announced 😂

I already own, and have beaten, this on PS4 and will gladly play it again on SX if/when it launches.

Chill out and don't get upset over small things like this man lol

Last edited:

Neofire

That's fair, it just seems like you're a Final Fantasy/JRPG fan, which seems like you'd have a PlayStation.
You would think but some people will hold out for a release of a final fantasy game on the Xbox til the end lol. Ask the individuals still waiting on a FFXIV port 😂

Pallas

Already have the digital version on my ps4, but if they optimized it with series x upgrade I might consider trying it again if it comes to Xbox.

Wouldn’t work on the switch unless they do it via cloud like Resident Evil.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Lol I bought a PS5 for FF7R. Just my fucking luck. I already own the SeriesX

Batiman

Banned
If you are a big FF fan though i suggest to get a PS5 cause FF16 is likely a full exclusive and will never come to Xbox ever
Most people here said this wouldn’t come to Xbox either. Check the threads.
This news seems to bug you for some reason

Last edited:

Neofire

Most people here said this wouldn’t come to Xbox either. Check the threads.
This news seems to bug you for some reason
Dude is speaking logic 👀 you are the one seem to be salty it isn't on the Xbox.

It's a fact final fantasy games sell like trash on Xbox platforms.

DavJay

You know how a really fat person lose a lot of weight to point of being unrecognizable? That’s this on switch.

Batiman

Banned
Dude is speaking logic 👀 you are the one seem to be salty it isn't on the Xbox.

It's a fact final fantasy games sell like trash on Xbox platforms.
I beat the game on PS4. I don’t give a shit. It’s a 7/10 game for me and Xbox users aren’t missing out much. I’m finding it funny and entertaining how this news bothers people like you. Fanboys like you that guarantee games won’t end up on other platforms but eventually do.

Vognerful

MS would make Square put it on gamepass.

In your dreams.

Xbox players are already getting fucked by final fantasy.
At this point, they don't care about this game.

Ff14 isn't even on xbox, since launch.
As a die hard final fantasy fan, I agree with you that persona 5 is way better game.

FF7R does not deserve the 60 or 70 tag on it. I got it on PC and frankly regret it.

Kilau

Square is the shittiest publisher in the industry and is more interested in selling to companies than gamers
Spoken for truth.

Gamers are not the customers to them, it’s the platform holder. If people want to guess what they’ll do, just think about the easiest path to money that also pisses off the most fans and you have your answer.

yurinka

They released several exclusives recently like Horizon 2, GT7, Ghostwire and so on. Maybe they had to remove some old ones to make room to include newer ones. Or who knows, maybe they'll release it somewhere else.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

If you’re an Xbox player and you like JRPGs or are simply curious about them, you have a great opportunity to enjoy the genre by ignoring this absolute parody of a FF game and buying Soul Hackers 2 instead.

Pejo

Does this mean it will also come to Steam or is it only EGS on PC?
They found traces of Steamworks stuff in the Epic store version, so it's likely one of Timmy's timed exclusives. Also TWEWY2. Kingdom Hearts looks to be permanent EGS exclusive though, no signs at any Steam integrations.

killatopak

Persona mainline appearing on xbox is a major win for them.

There has only been 2 persona games on xbox. Persona 4 arena and ultimax.
Nah there was an exclusive Persona for the original Xbox. SMT NINE. It was a legit Persona RPG. It had done so poorly, there wasn’t any follow up until the fighting games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This one?

Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nine.png

Had no idea they were persona games. I never played SMT but I always knew they were found on Nintendo platforms.
Well SMT Nine was suppose to be MMO but it kind of didn't worked out so they released it as single player.

I'm curious to see how well Soul Hackers 2 do on Xbox.

Lupin25

I mean, if we really believe the rumor that, “SE was bought by Sony” too this shouldn’t mean much…

But if it does than Xbox fans better buy it if it doesn’t hit XGP.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Port beggars, achievement/thropy whores and minimal support gamers.

I hope you get a timed trial instead.

But I'm talking about Game Pass, not PS+ Essentials 😇

I don't fucking care about neither. I had the same chance at $1 gamepass. Quantity of games is the least of my problems..

I'd rather financially support the games I actually do end up playing.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
If this comes to Switch and not Xbox I'll laugh. Then shake my head, then weep at the state of this industry, then laugh again.

And then I'll pour myself a megapint of wine, it's not like I haven't already played it.

93xfan

Banned
Didn't the game sold +5 million already on Sony's console alone? Sony gets 30% cut from that so whatever they paid they recovered the cost from it , plus they also sold a bunch of consoles due to it being a Sony exclusive. A win for Sony, as FF7 remake being exclusive to the platform generates mind share among the RPG fans and so forth.
It’s true. I rebought a PS4 and played the game, then returned the PS4 within 30 days. Sold the game to GameStop. I’ve never done anything like that for a single game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom