• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

Swift_Star

Banned
Typical fanboy drivel.
As already stated, the series you listed are almost entirely already on Xbox - pretty sure Xbox is the only current console that plays the FFXIII Trilogy too.
For Japanese games in general - stuff like Radiant Silvergun, Orta, and Otogi is still only on xb.
Not fanboy drivel lmao, the same way I wouldn’t buy a ps5 if I was a fps multiplayer person. You’re crippling yourself by doing that. Be my guest though.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Not fanboy drivel lmao, the same way I wouldn’t buy a ps5 if I was a fps multiplayer person. You’re crippling yourself by doing that. Be my guest though.
Even that argument doesnt make any sense to me because PS5 has 99% of the same multiplayer FPSs as other consoles - plus Sony just started up that new multiplayer FPS studio with ex-Treyarch devs. They appear to be taking the genre seriously.

I dunno I guess im looking at it from a perspective of owning multiple consoles. There are great exclusive games on all platforms - even Japanese games on xbox.

Last edited:
Even that argument doesnt make any sense to me because PS5 has 99% of the same multiplayer FPSs as other consoles - plus Sony just started up that new multiplayer FPS studio with ex-Treyarch devs. They appear to be taking the genre seriously.

I dunno I guess im looking at it from a perspective of owning multiple consoles. There are great exclusive games on all platforms - even Japanese games on xbox.

I think what he means if you want Japanese games and are not patient a Japanese designed console would be your best bet. Like for example if you want to play FF16 at launch it’s better to own a PlayStation than an Xbox. You might get it on Xbox in the future but the wait time is unknown.

ManaByte

plus Sony just started up that new multiplayer FPS studio with ex-Treyarch devs.

You sure they're making a FPS? I remember some job postings alluding to a network RPG.

a Japanese designed console would be your best bet.

"a Japanese designed console"

cerny.jpg

Last edited:

Chukhopops

If you want to play the best JRPGs you should buy the console that dominates the Japanese market currently. And ideally you should buy the OLED version of it as it has a really good screen.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

If I was a JRPG fan I would get a Switch because it’s the only console with exclusive weeb games that are actually good like Xenoblade, Triangle Stategy, and Fire Emblem

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If I was a JRPG fan I would get a Switch because it’s the only console with exclusive weeb games that are actually good like Xenoblade, Triangle Stategy, and Fire Emblem

Retroarch gives Xbox owners access to basically every JRPG from the PS2 generation and back.

So, I dunno, JRPG fans should probably check that console out too. 🤷‍♀️

Retroarch gives Xbox owners access to basically every JRPG from the PS2 generation and back.

I don’t think he’s talking about piracy to be honest. I think the easiest way that’s legal is to buy a console and just play the Japanese games that come out for it. That way you don’t have to worry about the legality of the whole thing.

I do game on portable consoles but the legality behind the Roms is pretty sketchy,

adamsapple

I don’t think he’s talking about piracy to be honest. I think the easiest way that’s legal is to buy a console and just play the Japanese games that come out for it. That way you don’t have to worry about the legality of the whole thing.

I do game on portable consoles but the legality behind the Roms is pretty sketchy,

I am also not talking about piracy.

Emulation is not piracy, let's get that clear first.

Last edited:
I am also not talking about piracy.

Emulation is not piracy, let's get that clear first.

I was actually talking about the roms. It’s still pretty sketchy compared to buying games from retail. You can’t play games with just the emulators.

I do game on portable consoles but the legality behind the Roms is pretty sketchy

Next time read harder.

Try Harder God Of War GIF by PlayStation

Essentially, emulators are small programs that mimic the behavior of a specific game console. ROMs, meaning “read only memory,” can be many things – but in this context, a ROM is a digital copy of a video game.

Last edited:
I’m talking about modern games. Already have a PC for that stuff and a steamdeck.

I completely understand. If you want to play new Japanese games then a Switch or a PS5 will be your best options. When it comes to retro titles than almost anything can run emulators which are legal. For example I run the Adam Image on my 280V which gives me access to several platforms such as the PSX, SNES, Genesis etc. The only issue with recommending that option on any platform are the roms since their legality is pretty sketchy.

In theory if you own the copy yourself and make a backup their shouldn’t be an issue. But downloading roms is a different story. I wouldn’t recommend emulation to anyone without doing research on the roms first.

Edit: Just wanted to share this because I really like the device.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Doesn't mean it's not coming but I think the leak was fake. I mean it did say it would be at the showcase if I'm not wrong.
If it were in the works for Xbox it would have been added to the compilation of Japanese games coming to xbox. It is not happening. Doesn't affect me but it's a game xbox should have.

honestly at this point just put it on fucking everything Im so sick of EGS store being rediculous with exclusives just let everyone play it

GhostOfTsu

Banned

Okay so that's why you were always so concerned about the PS1 classics on PS+.

You were worried you were gonna lose that "Retroach on Xbox" talking point like poor Riky who disappeared after VRR came on PS5. He had nothing else to war about.

Always an agenda with you 😅

adamsapple

You were worried you were gonna lose that "Retroach on Xbox" talking point like poor Riky who disappeared after VRR came on PS5. He had nothing else to war about.

Wow you sure got me with that wit of yours :messenger_grinning_sweat:

adamsapple

There's a big difference between available at launch and available 10+ years and multiple console generations later.
KH3 and FF15 launched on both at the same time. FF16 is the exception money hated timed exclusive, we don't know if KH4 will be the same, but Disney would probably have a say in the matter.

KH3 and FF15 launched on both at the same time. FF16 is the exception money hated timed exclusive, we don't know if KH4 will be the same, but Disney would probably have a say in the matter.
FFXIII and FFXV are the only two numbered Final Fantasy games to launch on Xbox.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only KH game period to launch on Xbox. Dragon Quest never has.

There's no benefit in acting like Xbox gets access to Japanese games, especially RPGs like PlayStation or Nintendo does. You won't fool anyone.

It's hit or miss, at best. And even those that do eventually come to Xbox, like Nier Automata, Persona, etc, come much later. Others like Atelier, most Tales games, Disgaea, etc never come at all.

Xbox fans are mostly fine with that, as their focus is on shooters, sports, or "YouTube games" such as Minecraft and Roblox.

It's no different than Switch fans not caring they don't get Call of Duty or Battlefield.

There are different audiences on these platforms. Those of us who want everything have all the consoles.

Last edited:
You’re splitting hairs. You know what he meant.

Basically and if it’s anything consolation Cerny speaks Japanese and has a Japanese wife. Probably made it a lot easier for him to work with Japanese engineers on the system.

But that’s not the reason why Japanese developers choose something like the PS5 to release games on.

adamsapple

Just like Indy, probably.

And if not, a money hat 🤷‍♀️

Sure, we literally have no idea what platforms it was penned for before the Bethesda acquisition.

Xbox guys love that term, don't they? But only when a game isn't on Xbox, never the other way.

You're comparing a game from a now-first party studio with a third party studio. You should see the mistake in that comparison quick hopefully.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Sorry I meant Sony. Plus there were definitely Japanese people that worked in it like this guy for example.

Mark Cerny wasn’t the only one who worked on it FYI.

So explain to me why Xbox would be the better choice for a Japanese games.

Can you confirm whether any Japanese ppl worked on the Xbox hardware? I bet there was at least one!]

Can you confirm whether any Japanese ppl worked on the Xbox hardware? I bet there was at least one!]
What's your point? The ethnicity of the designers of the hardware has nothing to do with the lack of JRPGs on Xbox or any other games on any other hardware. It's about the types of games those audiences buy games for. It just doesn't always make financial sense to release certain games on certain platforms.

Well I wasn’t talking about Xbox here. I’ve seen some articles about the PS5 and it’s pretty evident that many Japanese worked on it. The article about the consoles cooling solution is pretty fascinating IMO even the one where they chose how the system looked like is pretty cool.

When comes to the XSX I don’t doubt people of all nationalities worked on it. However Sony is a Japanese electronics company so it’s pretty normal they have a lot of Japanese employees designing their products. I wouldn’t expect to see as many design the Series however they do exist.

I don’t see what the point of your comment is. Are you trying to call the Series Japanese consoles? I’m not seeing that to be honest.

Last edited:
What's your point? The ethnicity of the designers of the hardware has nothing to do with the lack of JRPGs on Xbox or any other games on any other hardware. It's about the types of games those audiences buy games for. It just doesn't always make financial sense to release certain games on certain platforms.

I think it’s more to do with the ethnicity of the consumers than anything else. It’s why Japanese devs tend to focus on consoles made by Sony and Nintendo. Consumers in Japan usually don’t go after Xbox it’s usually PlayStation and Nintendo systems that get their attention.

Lognor

Banned
Well I wasn’t talking about Xbox here. I’ve seen some articles about the PS5 and it’s pretty evident that many Japanese worked on it. The article about the consoles cooling solution is pretty fascinating IMO even the one where they chose how the system looked like is pretty cool.

When comes to the XSX I don’t doubt people of all nationalities worked on it. However Sony is a Japanese electronics company so it’s pretty normal they have a lot of Japanese employees designing their products. I wouldn’t expect to see as many design the Series however they do exist.

I don’t see what the point of your comment is. Are you trying to call the Series Japanese consoles? I’m not seeing that to be honest.
Isn't PlayStation based outside of Japan now? The lead designer is done white guy. The head of PlayStation is some white guy. They closed the Japan Studio. Sony is becoming less and less Japanese.
Your argument was buy a Japanese console if you why Japanese games. It was a mostly silly argument so you've been called out on it

I think it’s more to do with the ethnicity of the consumers than anything else. It’s why Japanese devs tend to focus on consoles made by Sony and Nintendo. Consumers in Japan usually don’t go after Xbox it’s usually PlayStation and Nintendo systems that get their attention.
True, but I think there are differences even in audiences in the West between platforms. JRPG fans are much more likely to own a PlayStation than an Xbox. If Halo and games like that is your style of game, you'll focus more on Xbox.

Isn't PlayStation based outside of Japan now? The lead designer is done white guy. The head of PlayStation is some white guy. They closed the Japan Studio. Sony is becoming less and less Japanese.
Your argument was buy a Japanese console if you why Japanese games. It was a mostly silly argument so you've been called out on it
No, not "buy a Japanese console for Japanese games". Buy the platform that has the types of games you want. If that's JRPGs, the answer is PlayStation or Switch, but not Xbox.

I don’t care if Mark Cerny is white, Japanese, or Hispanic. The audience for these games are on PlayStation, so that's where these games end up consistently.

EDMIX

If it were in the works for Xbox it would have been added to the compilation of Japanese games coming to xbox. It is not happening. Doesn't affect me but it's a game xbox should have.

I actually disagree greatly. We don't know how that deal is, when MS wants to show that game etc.

I think the leak is fake, I do believe FFVII remake is likely coming to XB, I don't believe it NEEDED to be in that compilation or revealed last week.

For all you know, it gets its own showing or a bigger reveal or some shit lol Maybe MS wants to show alone, or at a bigger event or even TGS or something. Maybe they feel the game is just too big to reveal with a slew of other titles as even Sony is careful with those reveals as they want to give some 3rd parties some breathing room when they do those reveals for them. So I have to believe thats the same case with MS too.

So I think the game is just too expensive not to come to XB at some point and Square is still testing the waters with that IP on XB. If it doesn't come for real, it doesn't bode well for their future support, it might mean those numbers really are too low for them to port, but I feel Square will port it and will keep supporting XB with FF. At least for now. It is after all a port and Square is known to port. It would be weird after all they ported last gen to XB, to not port this to Series X or something.

sircaw

Banned

Must admit, i have hardly seen Riky Riky after the vrr update, at one stage i thought he died or something, but yer it's probably just a coincidence he has disappeared of late. :messenger_grinning:

Leave us an emote so we know your ok Riky.

Riky

$MSFT
Must admit, i have hardly seen Riky Riky after the vrr update, at one stage i thought he died or something, but yer it's probably just a coincidence he has disappeared of late. :messenger_grinning:

Leave us an emote so we know your ok Riky.

It's a lot simpler than that, they wanted to Perm me before the Xbox Showcase, not posting was the only way to avoid that.

Top Bottom