• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

Chukhopops

Okay so that's why you were always so concerned about the PS1 classics on PS+.

You were worried you were gonna lose that "Retroach on Xbox" talking point like poor Riky who disappeared after VRR came on PS5. He had nothing else to war about.

Always an agenda with you 😅
Having access to a small selection of games from two platforms at the cost of the most expensive monthly sub available is not equivalent to having access to an emulator platform covering every retro console available and thousands of games at no extra cost.

If you try to say one is a replacement for the other you’re probably the one with an agenda.

Isn't PlayStation based outside of Japan now? The lead designer is done white guy. The head of PlayStation is some white guy. They closed the Japan Studio. Sony is becoming less and less Japanese.
Your argument was buy a Japanese console if you why Japanese games. It was a mostly silly argument so you've been called out on it

Honestly the only silly argument is yours. Japanese consumers don’t buy PlayStation or Nintendo consoles because they are made by Japanese companies they buy them because they have the games that they want to play. I know the nationality of the consoles has an influence but the type of games that it has is an even greater one. Basically Japanese consumers are buying these consoles (that also happen to be Japanese) because it has the games that they want to play.

If your a gaijin and want to play Japanese games a Sony or Nintendo console will be the best choice for you. Because that the platform Japanese consumers are choosing which is why Japanese games tend to be more available on them.

The reality is that Japanese type games are played by very few people on the xbox platforms compared to Nintendo and playstation. That's why alot of them don't come to xbox at launch. If Final Fantasy sold millions on xbox, Square would be much more reluctant to make deals with Sony.

I’m sure Final Fantasy would sell on Xbox but your correct that it’s a lot more easier for Sony to make deals with Square than Microsoft. The consumer base for Japanese games tend to be on PlayStation or Nintendo platforms.

Having access to a small selection of games from two platforms at the cost of the most expensive monthly sub available is not equivalent to having access to an emulator platform covering every retro console available and thousands of games at no extra cost.

If you try to say one is a replacement for the other you’re probably the one with an agenda.

Always keeping in mind the differences between emulators and roms.

Last edited:

Kacho

The reality is that Japanese type games are played by very few people on the xbox platforms compared to Nintendo and playstation. That's why alot of them don't come to xbox at launch. If Final Fantasy sold millions on xbox, Square would be much more reluctant to make deals with Sony.
It’s not just Japanese games. It seems like every achievement I unlock these days is rare, like the Xbox playerbase isn’t playing games if they aren’t online focused or something. It’s weird and depressing.

It’s not just Japanese games. It seems like every achievement I unlock these days is rare, like the Xbox playerbase isn’t playing games if they aren’t online focused or something. It’s weird and depressing.

What about the gamepass ones? Those should have plenty of people playing them.

Kacho

What about the gamepass ones? Those should have plenty of people playing them.
I’m not a big Game Pass player so I don’t have much experience there. However I recently completed Zombie Army 4 on Xbox which was/is on Game Pass and every achievement beyond the first 3-4 episodes was rare, which shows a significant drop off in players. On Steam the completion rate is much much higher.

I’m not a big Game Pass player so I don’t have much experience there. However I recently completed Zombie Army 4 on Xbox which was/is on Game Pass and every achievement beyond the first 3-4 episodes was rare, which shows a significant drop off in players. On Steam the completion rate is much much higher.

Could it be possible that people tend to switch between games more easily if they haven’t bought them?

SLB1904

Banned
Its full exclusive that's why
oprah-shrug.gif

Darsxx82

Sony's commitment to link FF to PS5 and move it away from XS has become clear today without a doubt...

FFXVII will arrive on Xbox when it no longer has any impact on PS5 (the same for FFXVI). Probably 1-2 years after FFXVII part 3 was completed. Maybe I'll give one to Gamepass so Square can squeeze the most out of it.

It is what it is, that's the business.

Neofire

Sony's commitment to link FF to PS5 and move it away from XS has become clear today without a doubt...

FFXVII will arrive on Xbox when it no longer has any impact on PS5 (the same for FFXVI). Probably 1-2 years after FFXVII part 3 was completed. Maybe I'll give one to Gamepass so Square can squeeze the most out of it.

It is what it is, that's the business.
Seeing that Final Fantasy has/had the potential move units, it's a smart move by Sony. Final Fantasy is synonymous with Playstation and SE knows that. Maybe down the line they will try to milk a little bit out of the Xbox as you suggested.

solidus12

Steam and Steamdeck announcement. Get a PS5 for the best version (intergrade) with Part 2 coming next year (and FFXI too).

Another crazy year for the PS5 😜
Already played it on PS4 and got the free PS5 version (those load times)

I was mostly teasing the green rats lol.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

You don't announce the prequel game (Crisis Core) and not bring the one that comes after 🤷‍♂️

I can see FFVII R coming to Xbox before the year is over just as well.
You definitely can when the game is just a remaster of a PSP prequel to the original Final Fantasy VII which is readily available on damn near every platform in existence.

Last edited:
You don't announce the prequel game (Crisis Core) and not bring the one that comes after 🤷‍♂️

I can see FFVII R coming to Xbox before the year is over just as well.

Unless of course it’s due to Sonys deal with Square. I mean Crisis Core is based of a PSP game.

Also this wasn’t Sonys event it was Squares.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Nah I've already finished the game on PS4, and will probably be a PS5 owner by the time the next one comes out (if it even makes its projected Winter 2023 date in the first place).

Just wanted it on the modern platform I own right now. PC is getting old and can barely muster 1080p/30 these days.

Dreams live on. I love it.

Take the little victories where you can :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Seeing that Final Fantasy has/had the potential move units, it's a smart move by Sony. Final Fantasy is synonymous with Playstation and SE knows that. Maybe down the line they will try to milk a little bit out of the Xbox as you suggested.

Sure, it's a great move on Sony's part. That said, the amount Sony has had to pay to Square has to be indecent. Let's remember that it is not limited to FFXVII, it also includes Forspoken and FFXVI that have 2 years of console exclusivity....

And yes, I don't doubt that FFVII remake came to Xbox, they all ended up coming to Gamepass. But it is clear that when it no longer has an impact on PS5 and people are surely looking at something else.

Nah I've already finished the game on PS4, and will probably be a PS5 owner by the time the next one comes out (if it even makes its projected Winter 2023 date in the first place).

Just wanted it on the modern platform I own right now. PC is getting old and can barely muster 1080p/30 these days.

Well at least you got FF16 coming out before this one. So even if delayed it’s possible to play another FF game before this one.

Yoboman

Time to get a next gen platform 🤷‍♂️

sircaw

Banned
I wish I did after today can't afford a PC and I have a Series X. I really thought part 1 would be coming to Xbox today. Such disappointment. The search for my PS5 has begun.
hey i am sorry to hear that, i never played a ff game before the part 1 remake, i was gobsmacked just how good it was, makes me sad your missing out on it, hope you get that ps5 soon

Neofire

Sure, it's a great move on Sony's part. That said, the amount Sony has had to pay to Square has to be indecent. Let's remember that it is not limited to FFXVII, it also includes Forspoken and FFXVI that have 2 years of console exclusivity....

And yes, I don't doubt that FFVII remake came to Xbox, they all ended up coming to Gamepass. But it is clear that when it no longer has an impact on PS5 and people are surely looking at something else.
It may very well come to the Xbox down the line. As for Sony paying SE an absurd amount for 2 year I don't know if they did or not since the franchise sells like hotcakes on Playstation. Unfortunately we will never really know how much they had to give up for the 2 year preference. Either way I'm ready to play reunion now 😩😩😩

Top Bottom