• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

kyoji

I wish I did after today can't afford a PC and I have a Series X. I really thought part 1 would be coming to Xbox today. Such disappointment. The search for my PS5 has begun.
do your research and think more carefully of the games you like to play most next time. if you listen to the american media.. then that was your 2nd mistake.. your first mistake is not knowing where to play FF games day and date with the highest probability.

You don't announce the prequel game (Crisis Core) and not bring the one that comes after 🤷‍♂️

I can see FFVII R coming to Xbox before the year is over just as well.

Nah, the point with the prequel is that it's detached enough from the main storyline wherein you don't need to have played the actual FF VII games to "get" Crisis Core, but having done so will add to your enjoyment of it. I mean the story for CC ends right before the start of FF VII proper. There are some FFVII characters in CC story like Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith, but it's not like their FFVII stories are required to understand their CC stories (OTOH, knowing the CC stories can add to their FFVII storylines).

In other words you don't really need to have played FF VII to understand what's going on with CC, not fundamentally. There were rumors that Sony basically want to lock down the mainline FF series to PlayStation but that doesn't include offshoots like CC. It also wouldn't be the first time; Gamecube had FF offshoots but none of the main games, even tho it clearly could've ran them. So I'm thinking those rumors WRT Sony/mainline FF are true and they're likely also helping co-fund and co-develop the mainline games in some capacity as a result.

I mean I guess they need to lock something down what with things like Persona, SMT, even Dragon Quest now multiplatform in terms of JRPGs, and Xbox looking to lock down a lot of WRPGs as exclusives (console-wise) like Starfield, Avowed, Elder Scrolls etc. None of this should really be surprising, so I'm not expecting FF VII to show up on Xbox probably ever, at this rate.

Sure, it's a great move on Sony's part. That said, the amount Sony has had to pay to Square has to be indecent. Let's remember that it is not limited to FFXVII, it also includes Forspoken and FFXVI that have 2 years of console exclusivity....

And yes, I don't doubt that FFVII remake came to Xbox, they all ended up coming to Gamepass. But it is clear that when it no longer has an impact on PS5 and people are surely looking at something else.

What makes you think they are just paying them to moneyhat and keep it off of Xbox? Didn't it come out recently that they didn't "moneyhat" stuff like the Spiderman license or even KOTOR Remake, but rather those were things MS themselves passed up on? It's kind of like the myth that Sony only moneyhatted SFV when in fact they took up Capcom's offer to co-fund that game when MS most likely passed up on it, too.

With how much is needed to go into these games production-wise I wouldn't be surprised if Sony are helping to co-develop these mainline FF entries and mainline remakes, and probably PS versions of the multiplat FF offshoots as well. It's a lot of money for them, they'd want to offer up resources and production assistance as much as possible, not just throw a bag to keep them off another console and call it a day.

Last edited:
I have to buy a whole new rig, my current is just to old. PS5 would be much cheaper option.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully you can find one as it took me a year to get mine. If you don’t care about Intergrades extra content it’s a good idea to buy a used PS4 copy and then get the free update for it.

You don't announce the prequel game (Crisis Core) and not bring the one that comes after 🤷‍♂️

Crisis Core isn't the prequel to FFVII Remake. It's the prequel to FFVII, which is currently on Xbox (only had to wait 20 years).

You "see" lots of shit that never happens. It's sort of your shtick.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Are the system requirements for PC really that high?

No, they're actually very very modest, anyone with a PC or laptop made in the last half a decade should be able to play it easily on PS4 level quality.

Minimum:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD FX-8350 / Intel® Core™ i5-3330
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 480 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / 3GB VRAM required
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Assuming a Resolution of 1920 x 1080

GTX 780 is a GPU from 2013. I'm assuming most people browsing this website on their PC's have an equivalent or better GPU.

Last edited:
Another adamsapple adamsapple negative PlayStation thread bites him in the butt.
God Of War Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

Could be the next thing but we have to see if Toms prediction comes true.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:
No, they're actually very very modest, anyone with a PC or laptop made in the last half a decade should be able to play it easily on PS4 level quality.

Minimum:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD FX-8350 / Intel® Core™ i5-3330
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 480 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / 3GB VRAM required
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Assuming a Resolution of 1920 x 1080

GTX 780 is a GPU from 2013. I'm assuming most people browsing this website on their PC's have an equivalent or better GPU.

Maybe it would look horrible on Exanthus Exanthus PC. I’m not sure what rig he has.

mortal

Gold Member
Then why wouldn't they have announced it here and now, at a commemorative event dedicated to all things FFVII?

Hell, I was certain there would be an Xbox port announcement too, but not only did that not happen, FFVII Rebirth is also exclusive to PS5.
It's possible that Sony locked down a console exclusivity deal for all 3 FFVII remake entires.
Maybe once all 3 are released they will coms to Xbox consoles?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Then why wouldn't they have announced it here and now, at a commemorative event dedicated to all things FFVII?

Hell, I was certain there would be an Xbox port announcement too, but not only did that not happen, FFVII Rebirth is also exclusive to PS5.
It's possible that Sony locked down a console exclusivity deal for all 3 FFVII remake entires.

Complete Edition, baby :pie_raybans:

Today is not been good to him, be nice.

What happened today ? :eek:

Last edited:

Plus the event wasn’t even Sonys. I mean they did announce Crisis Core for Xbox there.

Corndog

Banned

At this point who cares. If SE doesn’t want Xbox owners money then that’s their problem.
I do feel sorry for pc players. Are they going to have to wait 3 1/2 more years for the next part?

Edit: I almost bought it on epic but now I’m glad I didn’t. Not worth waiting forever for the next part. Maybe when the entire thing is out I will look into it.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Man Xbox fans on Twitter are hella mad this ain't coming to Xbox.

Console fanboys are crazy.
Got any links? Love that shit. It was even crazier when kojima announced he was working on an Xbox game AND right after persona was announced for Xbox. Ps fanboys on Twitter lost their shit. Hilarious shit!

Got any links? Love that shit. It was even crazier when kojima announced he was working on an Xbox game AND right after persona was announced for Xbox. Ps fanboys on Twitter lost their shit. Hilarious shit!

Well expect more at the end of this month. It’s only just started.

Zathalus

Gavin Stevens @GTS_Tweets is one. Dude keeps stating he has the game on PS5 (which he literally shits on all the time) but is super mad over this and demands Square tell everyone the exact reason this is not coming to Xbox.

Lognor

Banned
I’m talking about that monster Ragnarok thread.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Whoever way it goes it’s going to be epic.

nuclear explosion GIF
Meh. Again don't see that as a big deal. If it releases this year, cool. If not okay. But either way I don't expect meltdowns on either side

It's like starfield. Some folks were blown away, some were underwhelmed but there wasn't meltdowns like with the kojima or persona stuff.

I don’t think this will ever be released on Xbox.
This deal was made before they even announced this was a 3 part game.
Sony probably got a much better deal than we even imagine.

This was signed way back...2014 or 2015. And remember back then it wasn't even a 3-part game. In fact they made no mention at this being devided, and they probably didn't know it since production hadn't even started back then. I mean Square-Enix didn't even know how many games they would do in 2020, lmao. I can almost bet the deal Sony signed back then covers contingencies like this, so Sony may not be paying extra for the other parts since the remake project will only be fully released after the 3 games. That's my 2 cents.

Anyway, Final Fantasy has been connected with PlayStation since the 90's. Sony will never allow for that to happen. You guys should brace yourselves with Persona 6 next so that we avoid another thread full of meltdowns.

Gavin Stevens @GTS_Tweets is one. Dude keeps stating he has the game on PS5 (which he literally shits on all the time) but is super mad over this and demands Square tell everyone the exact reason this is not coming to Xbox.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Are you serious?

I mean who does he think he is?

Meh. Again don't see that as a big deal. If it releases this year, cool. If not okay. But either way I don't expect meltdowns on either side

It's like starfield. Some folks were blown away, some were underwhelmed but there wasn't meltdowns like with the kojima or persona stuff.

Oh boy it’s going to be really bad and you know it. I mean all you have to look is all the people that are 100% sure of a delay or the game launching on time.

It’s going to be hilarious.

Lognor

Banned
Oh boy it’s going to be really bad and you know it. I mean all you have to look is all the people that are 100% sure of a delay or the game launching on time.

It’s going to be hilarious.
Uhh no it won't. I guarantee you it won't. A delay is not make or break. Look at when starfield was delayed. Sure ps fanboys piled on, but you didn't get the VITRIOL you got with the kojima and persona announcements. A delay will not be on the same level. Your realize that, right?

Uhh no it won't. I guarantee you it won't. A delay is not make or break. Look at when starfield was delayed. Sure ps fanboys piled on, but you didn't get the VITRIOL you got with the kojima and persona announcements. A delay will not be on the same level. Your realize that, right?

What about the game releasing this year will that be on the same level?

It’s going to be bad whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Square and Sony have gone back to ps1/ps2 level of partnership. FF7 and FF16 as console exclusives. Damn! Sony also tight with capcom. Japanese companies sticking together.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
What about the game releasing this year will that be on the same level?

It’s going to be bad whether you like it or not.
No, not the same level. It is already announced for 2022. Lol. If it actually releases that's no surprise. The surprise and meltdowns come if the game is delayed, but even then it won't be that bad. It really won't. We all know the game is coming. Why do you think there will be meltdowns if the game is delayed 3 months? It's not a big deal. The game is coming whether ppl like it or not. Gow was never coming to xbox so not like xbox fans will meltdown. It's not that hard to understand

Hezekiah

Banned
ABOUT some old ass PS3 games?! Naaah doesn't seem likely...

There was definitely 1,500 signatures petitioning againnst Kojima-san's cloud-based vapourware though.

Top Bottom