• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb

Oh no. :(

I wish I could pre-order and cancel, I'd love to practice with Nine right now.

Yeah, I asked them a bunch of times and they finally got back to me. Not sure if it is because they are putting everything into getting the game out asap, or if the demo didn't help push GG sales so they decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Tripon

All those games having tons of issues with their PC releases really making me want to buy a PS4....I think I'll do it

Even with the issues, I'm still feeling the opposite. I don't want to pay $60 for PSN or Xbox Live just to play online for a couple of games.

Riposte

Just to be clear, this recent toolkit bullshit is something different than having to create an exception in my anti-virus when I first ran the game 1 or 2 months ago, right?

Anyway, thoroughly naive move by Capcom. The game really doesn't need more PR blowback. I guess this DLC system must be thoroughly fucked.

Just to be clear, this recent toolkit bullshit is something different than having to create an exception in my anti-virus when I first ran the game 1 or 2 months ago, right?

Anyway, thoroughly naive move by Capcom. The game really doesn't need more PR blowback. I guess this DLC system must be thoroughly fucked.

Yeah it basically would give the program access to all of your computer. It could find anything that was considered a cheat, hack, etc very easily as it checks everything in your computer. Its pretty risky to use unless done by a trusted and committed team of software engineers like ESEA's team.

Tripon

Sigh. Do you need to actually boot up the game for it to take effect, or does the update for SFV automatically put the rootkit in place?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sigh. Do you need to actually boot up the game for it to take effect, or does the update for SFV automatically put the rootkit in place?

Happens after you run the game, if you search your system32 folder for capcom.sys you'll know if it's there or not.

Riposte

Yeah it basically would give the program access to all of your computer. It could find anything that was considered a cheat, hack, etc very easily as it checks everything in your computer. Its pretty risky to use unless done by a trusted and committed team of software engineers like ESEA's team.

I'm more concerned with the initial anti-virus detection. I've never seen a Steam game requiring an exception.

Nitroplus Blasterz is $12 now and DEFINITELY worth the buy for anyone who likes fighting games.
PS4 store link
PS3 store link
Here's its EVO 2016 tournament

Features in this game.
  • alpha counter tools
  • counter like tool called vanishing guard
  • escape action rolls
  • GG like sweep tools
  • blowback attacks (wall splats)
  • moves that clash instead of trade resulting in tense flurry situations
  • fair sized story mode and after story
  • air dashing
  • the ability to choose 2 assists per character and call BOTH at the same time
  • move canceling
  • very loud and distinctive movesets filled with neat tools and mechanics. Not a generic cast at all
  • burst like tools

One of the coolest movesets I've ever seen is in this game. Super Sonico...she is surrounded by cats and can summon her bandmates and does not do any of her own attacks. This means she has attacks that come from above you and from behind you out of nowhere like Maori in Arcana Heart by summoning other characters to hit you or lock you down.
0bhQigy.gif
n2jSKrU.gif
F11eppS.gif

A vajra attack, a super fast behind the back attack and an attack that results in a half screen dashup lightning leg that hits as soon as she touches the other player? This is some next level shenanigan moveset shit when you hear whats next.

She can also hit you LOW during a JUMP. Thats right...you try to watch her and one of the cats on the ground can attack you as a normal and hit you low. Insane...All that plus she has a lazy kitty that tends to stay around one spot on the stage that is for supers meaning you can setup left rights to hit this super on folks.

All that plus you can STILL use tools like calling 2 assists simultaneously to attack while she sends in her cat and friend army. Setup insanity.

EDIT:
Here's an example. In this gif Sonico summons not one but two assists to lock down her opponent in the corner then starts with a jump in. They panic trying to read her high low game and are terrified to stop blocking because Sonico might use her attack that summons someone to hit them from behind. If that happens it would knock them into both the assists.

GEyFSvn.gif

The end result of this? Sonico sees them blocking in a panic and simply goes for throw. What can you do man...shit is intense and its HARD to read both the kitties, the assists and her attacks that come from behind and she started all that with a jump in that might've been a low attack attempt. Hell Sonico has one move that summons someone to hit you multiple times from the front so she can essentially end this pressure in a lightning leg style move that she is plus on block afterwards to stay safe. Pressure and setups for days and all of it hard to read.

Whats more she has a Phoenix Wright style FULLSCREEN LVL 3 SUPER.

Get on this games folks. Worth the $12.

Revelator is on sale too. Gonna pick it up. And this as well. Good times, hehe.

capcom.sys is still there tho after the update. Should I delete it manually?

I had to uninstall SFV, reboot, and then delete the .sys, thought you might be able to skip the uninstall and just reboot then delete.

Riposte said:
I'm more concerned with the initial anti-virus detection. I've never seen a Steam game requiring an exception.

Thats cause they dont need to, nor should they. Everyone should be fine tho as this hasnt been out long and Capcom is already rolling it back.

Sandfox

I'm trying to decide on which modern fighting game I want to invest my time into these days and just don't know. I'm pretty much looking at all of them lol.

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217961618]Why would he watch jojo after he read the comic?

One eye watching his opponent one eye making sure the player isn't using a turbo controller[/QUOTE]
Watching is half the fun. Part 5 is going to have a god tier adaption I'm calling it

And part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom