• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

I wonder if the balance patch is dropping prior to that tournament. It would make things interesting.

Xrd is cool

I want to but Sony doesn't want my money. Playstation store won't let me use any of my credit cards or paypal. Apparently it's a known issue and requires waiting 48 hours from my initial attempt per customer service. If it's still on sale by the time things are sorted I'm all over it.

Malice215

I can't see NRS dropping $10K on SCR, and screwing it up by dropping a patch a week or so before the tournament takes place.

The PC release of MKXL is rumored for October, so maybe we'll hear something at SCR or they'll have a trailer to show.

VariantX

But that means they are not dailies anymore. Kappa.

I like the concept too. It's a nice little reason to try to log in every week just to see if I want to attempt trying out the challenges.

Yeah I'm not enthused that 3/4 of the challenges were basically there for 6 days. You'd think they'd at least have a couple that refresh every day

But that means they are not dailies anymore. Kappa.

I like the concept too. It's a nice little reason to try to log in every week just to see if I want to attempt trying out the challenges.

Haha, I didn't think about that. I thought they have a new challenge everyday but a few days to complete them. That way they are staggered and you can log on every other day and still complete them.

pizzacat

Banned
Part 3 has some cool bits and at least wraps up the Dio stuff (and old man Joestar is cool). Stands were a mistake though- nothing but trash.
Everything about this is great and I agreed with you until araki started drawing cool stands

Also I meant in terms of animation

f9b.png

images

Pompadour

Part 3 has some cool bits and at least wraps up the Dio stuff (and old man Joestar is cool). Stands were a mistake though- nothing but trash.

This is such an bizarre (hur) opinion I keep seeing now whereas in the western Jojo fanbase from 15 years ago (which was maybe 100 people across 2 forums) parts 1 and 2 were considered the boring and ugly parts before Jojo found it's footing with Stands.

I like all the parts but Stands are the best idea ever. I mean, Araki would have concocted dumb explanations for somehow razor blades popping out of a guy's throat or everyone turning into snails because he really wanted to draw those things but Stands just make the explanations much more simple.

Also, ora ora ora is my favorite move in any fighting game that it appears. It alone almost made me not despise Dee Jay.

Village

Stands are litterally the best part of jojo

Its like a never ending mystery of " the fuck does stamd do"
"It does what?!"

pizzacat

Banned
This is such an bizarre (hur) opinion I keep seeing now whereas in the western Jojo fanbase from 15 years ago (which was maybe 100 people across 2 forums) parts 1 and 2 were considered the boring and ugly parts before Jojo found it's footing with Stands.

I like all the parts but Stands are the best idea ever. I mean, Araki would have concocted dumb explanations for somehow razor blades popping out of a guy's throat or everyone turning into snails because he really wanted to draw those things but Stands just make the explanations much more simple.

Also, ora ora ora is my favorite move in any fighting game that it appears. It alone almost made me not despise Dee Jay.
There's no way anyone can explain silver chariot requiem without stands

Zissou

Stands are litterally the best part of jojo

Its like a never ending mystery of " the fuck does stamd do"
"It does what?!"

Hamon users were cooler to me because:

1) The rules/ways hamon worked in the battles was quasi-logically consistent. Yeah, it's a nutty comic about dudes fighting vampires and ancient pillar men, but I like fictional universes where how things work is explained and then they stick with those rules as much as possible. Stands are all over the place. This lets some interesting stuff happen, but it also leads to stupidity.

2) Hamon warriors fit in the whole "train super hard to gain special abilities" mold. It makes sense that hamon users were rare because it took a combination of rare talent and crazy dedication to develop the abilities. With stands, eventually half the earth's population had a god damn stand. Some people are just born with stands. Other people get shot with an arrow, and boom, stand user. I quit reading during part 5 when there was a whole crime syndicate where literally everybody had a stand.

3) The introduction of stands coincides with a bunch of filler/garbage stories. Parts 1/2 were relatively tight and mostly stayed with the main story they were trying to tell. From part 3 onward, a huge chunk of Jojo is fighting the stand-of-the-week and the stories get really bloated and move at a glacial pace to accommodate this.

Tripon

Finally bought Xrd and messed with the tutorial and training mode.

Wow, this shit is stylish. Wish other fighting game companies took this lead

Sayad

why is the input lag variable
Frames have a set interval at which they update while button presses can happen any moment, your press could miss the window by a nano second and have to wait a whole frame for the next update.
Game processing of each frame can very a little but most of the margin of error here is from the calculation side.

Tizoc

onionfrog

I booted up SFV today and Capcom took 1/3 of my fight money!

I ain't even mad tho. I guess they don't like the one round survival mod! :p

At least I was out of town when they installed a fucking rootkit on everyone's PCs.

Swarna

Best data in a vacuum but not the best data for a comparison between versions. Different testers, different methods, different monitor and set-up, so it's not directly comparable (no PS4 numbers from the same guy).

Fourwude's unofficial PC number is 7.1 w/ v-sync and ~3 frames less than that without it compared to his old PS4 number of 7.9. Probably rough numbers there, too. Cuts 2.5 frames for using a 144hz monitor but he's unclear as to whether that's on top of everything else or not. Hopefully he releases PC numbers, too.

source

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Best data in a vacuum but not the best data for a comparison between versions. Different testers, different methods, different monitor and set-up, so it's not directly comparable (no PS4 numbers from the same guy).

Fourwude's unofficial PC number is 7.1 w/ v-sync and ~3 frames less than that without it compared to his old PS4 number of 7.9. Probably rough numbers there, too. Cuts 2.5 frames for using a 144hz monitor but he's unclear as to whether that's on top of everything else or not. Hopefully he releases PC numbers, too.

source
The problem with this is that he never tested it online. And if you check the video in my link, there's actually a big difference in input lag between on- and offline with V-Sync off (even with a 1ms connection!) that doesn't exist if you leave it on.

That's why I wish someone would do some extensive tests for:
PS4 with legacy a controller, PS4 with a PS4 controller/stick, PC with V-Sync on and off. And then also check how big the difference is between on- and offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom