• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Never Give Up is still going on, but I'm going to try to create a weekly post here that tracks progress for Capcom Cup spots until we all 32 spots filled out.

Capcom Cup 32 spots:

Won Premier Tournament: (6 players)

Infiltration (Final Round, NCR, EVO)
Gamerbee (Japan Cup, EGX)
Phenom (Dreamhack Summer)
Momochi (Stunfest)
Tokido (CEO)
Xhao Hai (G League)

With Infiltration and Gamerbee winning multiple premier tournaments, it opens up 3 more spots to the Global Rankings from the original 8.

Qualification via Global Spot: (11 at the moment)

Justin Wong
Fuudo
Julio Fuentes
Daigo Umehara
Xian
Nuckledu
FChamp
Mago
Chris T
Haitani
Go1

Participates qualify via global spots before Regional ranking spots:

Qualification via regions: (8 spots)

Asia: Eita, Kazunoko
Europe: CCL, Mister Crimson
Latin America: Brolynho, KBrad
North America: Ricky Ortiz, XsK_Samurai.

PR Rog actually has more global points that XsK_Samurai does, but he's 4 points behind XsK_Samurai in the NA rankings. The Fall Classic is heavily important right now.

That's 25 spots, which leave 7 left to be grabbed.

Spots that still need to be determined:

Premier tournaments:
SEAM winner
SoCal Regionals winner
Canada Cup winner

Regional Finals:

EU Regional Finals at Milan Games Week at Milan, Italy
NA Regional Finals: Red Bull Battle Grounds at Seattle, Wash.
Capcom Pro Tour Asia Regional Finals at Busan, South Korea
LA Regional Finals, to be determined

PR Rog actually has more global points that XsK_Samurai does, but he's 4 points behind XsK_Samurai in the NA rankings. The Fall Classic is heavily important right now.

John Takeuchi is very close behind both those 2 and I think R/Kappa is sending him to TFC. I don't think XSK or Rog are going. Rog said he'll only go to Premiers and XSK's hasn't traveled much because his main priority is school. Takeuchi would need at least a 4th place finish to pass XSK though.

Tripon

Just registered for SCR.

So far... 241 people registered, with only 141 registered for SFV.

West Coast Warzone in May was capped at 320 for SFV.

SCR is totally going to lose their Premier spot next year at this rate.

Sayad

edit:
079.png

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
it's Sunday and my brain is off so i could use some help working through this logistically.

i want to use my iPhones slowmo camera to test input delay in VF on XB1 compared to VF on 360.

in the settings i can select for slowmo to capture at 240fps, aka 4x 60fps. presumably that means slowmo plays back at 1/4th speed. solid assumption?

so 1 second = 60 frames at 60fps. therefore, at 1/4th speed, 1 second = 15 frames, right?

doesn't seem too hard to do this right then. any tips from anyone who's done this before?

Rhapsody

Banned
IDK the exact number

but I've honestly did a blind test(with help from my brother) and there's clearly a difference.

Fast Sync helps, even though you need NVIDIA Inspector to enable that shit

I see. I never messed with the ini file since I didn't want timing to be that different than PS4. Still kind of crazy knowing it's still that much better on PC. I've only played on PS4 a handful of times.

Edit: Actually looking at it now, I guess vsync on for PC is worse than current PS4. Interesting.

Ok, looking at the videos, I have a better idea on it now. Depending on whether the numbers are accurate, seemed like PC averaged out at 137 ms of lag with vsync on. PS4 wasn't really 8 frames of lag, but 7.3, and at 121 ms of lag. Now PS4 is averaging at about 108 ms of lag. Vsync off on PC gives 82 ms.

I guess this depends on how accurate that second video is. The numbers it has for PC SF4 seem much lower than the numbers I've seen for SF4 on console. I don't remember hearing if PC still had less than 360 and patched PS4.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
NVM this will be piss easy, VF training mode counts frames, even idle frames, so all i have to do is note what the idle frame count is when the button is pressed and then what it stops at when the game registers the input.

Kumubou

Just registered for SCR.

So far... 241 people registered, with only 141 registered for SFV.

West Coast Warzone in May was capped at 320 for SFV.

SCR is totally going to lose their Premier spot next year at this rate.
I always thought one of NCR or SCR (or both?) should lose their premier status -- but that makes that real easy. 240 signups? What is this, a Dark Era tournament? Was the venue/date change from last year or this year's venue that much of a turn-off? I've been to SCR a couple of times (when it was at UCI) and it was sizeable enough for a major... this kind of shrinkage is just bizarre considering that nearly every other tournament has been seeing growth.

Tripon

I always thought one of NCR or SCR (or both?) should lose their premier status -- but that makes that real easy. 240 signups? What is this, a Dark Era tournament? Was the venue/date change from last year or this year's venue that much of a turn-off? I've been to SCR a couple of times (when it was at UCI) and it was sizeable enough for a major... this kind of shrinkage is just bizarre considering that nearly every other tournament has been seeing growth.
Last year (2015) it was supposed to happen in May and take place somewhere in Anaheim, instead venue didn't finish construction and level up live delayed the tournament to October moved it to the Ontario convention center.

This year it is still Oct., and to save costs, Alex Valle decided to host it at the eSports arena. Aka, where he hosts WNF each Wed.

The eSports arena is super small compared to what people are used to and there isn't a hotel close by that is easily walkable. The closest hotel and the one Valle partnered up with is a 10 minute drive from the venue.

This isn't a good look.

Shadoken

You wont believe how salty the actual FGC in India are right now. This tournament wasnt mentioned anywhere and nobody had any fking idea. Its just some random dudes from some other games playing SFIV and mashing -___-

ESL wanted SF in the event and the people organizing it had no intention to reach out to the community or even mention it anywhere that Street Fighter is present. They just assumed SFIV is the best since it sold the most ... SMH.

Sayad

err what? they deleted the vod. esl trying to eradicate all evidence of this tournament?
The one match I saw was Ken vs Ken and they were playing like it was XBL 2009. One of them was dominating by doing j.HK cr.MK xx Tatsu, just imagine how good the other player was.

According to a friend of mine, Daigo spent the whole day playing Hearthstone, he was even playing while eating with everybody else at the restaurant.

Daigo had a good run.

Daigo Umehara, a man who spent 365 days a year playing in arcades, is addicted to a mobile game.

It's like it's representative of the state of the Japanese gaming industry.

shaowebb

Daigo Umehara, a man who spent 365 days a year playing in arcades, is addicted to a mobile game.

It's like it's representative of the state of the Japanese gaming industry.

Hearthstone is by Blizzard who are a Western game company in Irvine California though :/
Maybe representative of Japanese "gamers" but not their gaming industry.

Shadoken

err what? they deleted the vod. esl trying to eradicate all evidence of this tournament?

The one match I saw was Ken vs Ken and they were playing like it was XBL 2009. One of them was dominating by doing j.HK cr.MK xx Tatsu, just imagine how good the other player was.
Well am not surprised.If you read my post, People there were pissed with how the tournament was handled and what other sponsors ..etc were going to think that was the quality of players. TL;DR ESL India just wanted to some randos to play coz they didnt give a flying fuck about Street Fighter here and just wanted to keep it for namesake ( Prolly some contract shit idk ). Now they are getting blasted on their social media page and by other esports higher up managers..etc for that SF event.

It is in no way representative of the level of play there , which while obviously not as good as top players in Japan or US.It Is Way above that fking shit fest XBL 2009 level. I am sure even people here on GAF from South or SE Asia can attest to that having played ppl from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom