• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 19-25 | As Seen On WSHH

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Marvel hate is still funny to me.

It's the game that still has the most unique character sets, especially for the high amount of characters it has. Vergil and Zero are on top but can be beaten once you stop sitting on excuses and bring a solid game. EVO and most majors are the biggest proof of it with the winners.

I'm fine with the way it is now, and others are too apparently with it still pulling the most numbers at EVO. A patch would have been great, but there's still so much being found with characters in the game that hardly any of them are even close to having their full potential realized.

Just having a new player with a different team changes up the flow of how a Marvel tournament can end up.

Sayad

Marvel hate is mostly people seeing the same stuff over and over again. From a spectator's perspective, the game is only interesting to me now when Justin, Chris and Champ(also Nemo, but he rarely does) playing each others... Does Chris even still play the game?

Playing with friends though it's as fun and infuriating as ever, nothing will fill its place until the next Vs game.

Prototype

all megaman-related characters

(but not megaman)
X, Vile, and Sigma would be a good start.

Edit.
Sony should lock down the FGC by funding MvC4, I hear they are on good terms with Marvel, and clearly Capcom would be down.

With SF5 and MvC4, you would literally have to own a PS4 to have a meaningful role in the FGC.

Sayad

Edit.
Sony should lock down the FGC by funding MvC4, I hear they are on good terms with Marvel, and clearly Capcom would be down.

With SF5 and MvC4, you would literally have to own a PS4 to have a meaningful role in the FGC.
Don't think Capcom would be down unless it's something huge like a 6 or more years deal.

Beats

i will never trust anybody who likes sfxt or skullgirls, their brains are just too alien from me

every time i see someone's a fan of those games i can't help but think body snatchers are real and that pod people truly are terrifying

but maybe also a simple race who enjoy taking slow walks on the beach

hm

I don't think SG is that slow. I guess if you're talking about the initial release and the one update after that then I can understand, but the game has gone through a lot of refinement since then and it's a lot better/faster now. You should check out the evo top 4 from last year to see how the game is now.

I don't think SG is that slow. I guess if you're talking about the initial release and the one update after that then I can understand, but the game has gone through a lot of refinement since then and it's a lot better/faster now. You should check out the evo top 4 from last year to see how the game is now.

It is a bit better, but it is still slower than a KOF top 8.

Kimosabae

Banned
marvel is a bad game but it's also quite unique and fun in a lot of key aspects. there is a massive pool of creativity with a very strong illusion that it's worthwhile due to how the team setups work- even unique ones are generally "situationally strong". of course, the reality is that only a few characters are actually truly competitively viable and standardization of teams occurs due to that but the draw is pretty much always there to some degree

This is so on point I had to bold each and every word. Marvel 3 is a syncretic terror of the highest order. My Dante/Wesker/Magnus team was that mermaid reflecting from the surface of a fruitless abyss.

#CutmanForMarvel

#CutMenFromMarvel

JAN100518.jpg

Village

Unlike Nintendo, Pokemon absolutely loves their hardcore fans.
You can bet on big things for Pokken when they're involved, and thankfully Nintendo will have little to do with it.

Unless it bombs horribly.

They make the monies off of it, events and shit too.

I hope pokken gets popular, I wish to know whatever demographic gloms on to it, i wanna know what kind of ripple effects it may have into other parts of pokemans

I really hope she can recover.

Damn. :(

Stay strong man. Here's to your grandma recovering.

Hang in there man. I've been there. All the best to you and your family.

---------

meanwhile, i put a thread up about the RoI news here and immediately regretted it. Maybe Shouta will take pity and fix my date typo. Or just delete it altogether.

signed up for rise of the incarnates again. Hopefully I actually play it this time lol. Yea hang in there darkblade

That does sound better. I want to try out that new werewolf archer guy.

I hope things go well :(

Pokken looks fun, super super spacing based game.

Heart Attacks are assholes that strike out of no where. I hope she pulls through and things go well. I

I'm happy to say that she managed to pull through and is looking a lot better, though she's not out of the woods yet and still will be in critical care for quite a while. I didn't want to mention this at the time, but I was hearing that she likely wouldn't last the night while I was flying in--now she's out of immediate danger, which is like a small miracle as far as I can understand it.

Thanks for the support, you guys. I really appreciate it.

Thores

Is anyone watching/ going to Frosty Faustings today? I'll be there and I'm competing in four tournaments: Ultra, Ultimax, Chronophantasma, and Mystery Game.

I don't really consider myself good enough to place in anything, but I think it'll be a lot of fun. Maybe if I'm lucky you guys will get to see me flounder about on stream.

Marz

I'm not sure how widely known this is but marvel is actually awesome and people who complain about it are stupid. The only thing that really sucks about it is that its unplayable online, so you're kinda forced to play it against people who somehow have time to spend thousands of hours playing games they don't like, while complaining about how dumb it is and making you feel like you have better ways to spend your time. I really hope they manage to fix the netcode if they ever make a sequel.

Didn't say I didn't like it. Said it wasn't a good game. Its not good competitively and I come to this conclusion having put a ton of time into the game. If I hadn't put tons of hours in I wouldn't really have a good perspective on the matter.

Laconic

Banned
Didn't say I didn't like it. Said it wasn't a good game. Its not good competitively and I come to this conclusion having put a ton of time into the game. If I hadn't put tons of hours in I wouldn't really have a good perspective on the matter.

I have always wondered what it would look like competitively, if players were forced to start at neutral.

Malice215

First big snowstorm of the year. Lovely.

How much snow? We got about an inch or so in Philly.

I never got why people in the community would shit on Smash when their entrants would shit on every game not named Street Fighter. And it wasn't that long ago that people were still shitting on Smash, but now it's at the point where you can no longer deny its existence with the amount of work and effort that people put in to help grow that community and get the game back in the spotlight. You also have TOs who didn't have much involvement with Smash in the past who are now embracing it because of their attendance numbers across multiple games which = $$$.

Marvel 3 hasn't stopped being ass from day 1, however it's still one of the most entertaining fighting games out there. Of course people are saying that it's dead because there's less scrubs filling the brackets and the metagame really hasn't changed in a long time.

What the game needs is some juice to get people interested like a big rivalry or someone calling Justin a bitch or something to that extent, because it's really been Justin who has been keeping the game hype for the past year because of his team choice and amazing comebacks. If someone else would have won EVO, the coffin would have closed on the game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Who are more annoying? The Marvel fanboys of gaming or the Marvel fanboys of OT?

the latter

Agreed with you there. MCU Fanboys become more obnoxious lately. When I was thinking about F4 franchise, I think I'm glad that F4 stayed in Fox's hands since I like it how they are focusing on other franchises like Inhumane, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man, etc.

Again, I would love to see Doctor Doom vs. Avengers tho.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't mind snow except driving in it and there are more crappy drivers than there are good. Even if you're the greatest driver in the world you still have to watch out for others on the road. And traffic is dozens of times slower than GB's internet when it's snowing. Expect to at least triple your time to get from one place to another.

Malice215

I'm definitely disappointed by the lack of English on this supposed English stream, but chat poppin'

6+ inches give or take.

As long as this doesn't happen every week I am fine. Last year was the worst.

I remember last year we got 12 inches on top of 12 inches which means people get shot for parking spots in the city. This winter has been alright though. Just got to get through February and we good.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
#CutmanForMarvel

To this day I still don't have Ultimate for the sole fact that none of the characters added were female. With so many diverse and important women in the Marvel universe, for none of them to get a shot was something I couldn't and wouldn't accept.

Top Bottom