• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 19-25 | As Seen On WSHH

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm hoping it's not too long until Super Arcade comes back. It was the easiest place for me to get to regarding tourneys. And with Evo lineup revealed, I want to go and get some practice.

Hoping Watson really is still trying to get the whole thing sorted out. No news is a little worrying though.

You sure? God damn it lol I remember it being snuffed out before for some reason.

Yeah, tested it right now. Both with and without seals, CSE still keeps going.

Oh yeah, and I will also watch a Marvel stream if a great player like Clockw0rk is playing a new team to see what new stuff he has come up with. I love innovation.

fader

Fail
Nmyf7kL.gif

i laughed waaaay to hard at this than i should have.

Clockw0rk

FGW | Zaibatschu: "YOU NIGGAS FORGOT ABOUT ME"

You should play Crazy Joe's team.

My 2 week Morrigan is already better than my 2 year on-and-off Dante ;( As much as I like Dante he's yet to click with me. Unlike Vergil, whom with I've had several eureka moments.

On Jill, she just too much a diva for a team. IMO needs certain characters to be a threat (Sentinel) and just doesn't add enough to a team. Though I think there is a lot of potential in using her as support for TAC infinite which she uses to build her own meter for Mad Beast. hmmm

Dahbomb

On Jill, she just too much a diva for a team. IMO needs certain characters to be a threat (Sentinel) and just doesn't add enough to a team.
Too true. Character needs like 3 assists to be a problem for most characters (Drones, a Beam and some vertical coverage assist). Whereas Wolverine becomes a monster with just two.

xezuru

Before Maximilian retired to join the life of the twitch millionaires, his last Assist Me episode, before his abandonment of actually producing teachable FGC content, was a Morrigan episode.

We all know that with Maximilian's moneyhat millions of youtube fans, the Marvel gods would not allow an all Morrigan EVO, so they struck him down and offered him things even the infinity gauntlet would dream of to abandon his quest and to live a life in Youtube/Twitch exile.

RiP Maximilian
May the Kappa free you from your exile

Before Maximilian retired to join the life of the twitch millionaires, his last Assist Me episode, before his abandonment of actually producing teachable FGC content, was a Morrigan episode.

We all know that with Maximilian's moneyhat millions of youtube fans, the Marvel gods would not allow an all Morrigan EVO, so they struck him down and offered him things even the infinity gauntlet would dream of to abandon his quest and to live a life in Youtube/Twitch exile.

RiP Maximilian
May the Kappa free you from your exile
Max is actually doing a Smash Bros series now, but it doesn't seem to have gained as much traction.

I still don't understand this win by 2 rule.
Why do we need it, everyone starts out the same.
Creates more hype.

oh ok. he's only 1 episode in so far.

lol the hate in the comments are real. People really think Max does these video's from the top of his head. He may not be Mew2King but he does tons of research when he does these assist me's...
The head of my school was talking with staff and faculty after Christmas Break, and he said something that really resonated with me (paraphrased): "Kids these days love to evaluate things. They aren't particularly interested in analyzing, synthesizing, or deriving knowledge, but they really want to give their opinion on whether it's good or bad". I wonder if the internet has anything to do with this attitude. A culture where it's common and acceptable to deride or praise whatever you like, and a bunch of other people join in to make you feel good about it. I actually feel like the internet is shaping modern ethics more than a lot of families today. Most of my kids, if they have free time, browse random pinterest and tumbler pages for funny gifs, and that's about all they do with their time.

Old man rant off.

Side note: Man, Season 3 of Assist Me was announced over a year ago. Is that still a thing? The trailer looked pretty fantastic.

I was reading comments and then a fullscreen ad obscured everything for 15 seconds, after Xing out I notice the banner begging for donations. fuck right off
Yeah, Smashbaords is SRK tier these days. I feel like a new fighting game home for everyone needs to come into existence.

xezuru

lol the hate in the comments are real. People really think Max does these video's from the top of his head. He may not be Mew2King but he does tons of research when he does these assist me's...

I was reading comments and then a fullscreen ad obscured everything for 15 seconds, after Xing out I notice the banner begging for donations. fuck right off

Real talk, while I do agree that IMO Max is not the most knowledgeable in SMASH (and that it should've been Melee huehue), big ups to him trying to teach a game he actually enjoys. I mean to put it into perspective, a year? how many years now? godamn, "The smash community has a huge announcement... Cross Counter is making a smash series", and that shit never even came close to fruition, so big ups on Max for the commitment and actually trying to research on that shit personally.

fader

The head of my school was talking with staff and faculty after Christmas Break, and he said something that really resonated with me (paraphrased): "Kids these days love to evaluate things. They aren't particularly interested in analyzing, synthesizing, or deriving knowledge, but they really want to give their opinion on whether it's good or bad". I wonder if the internet has anything to do with this attitude. A culture where it's common and acceptable to deride or praise whatever you like, and a bunch of other people join in to make you feel good about it. I actually feel like the internet is shaping modern ethics more than a lot of families today. Most of my kids, if they have free time, browse random pinterest and tumbler pages for funny gifs, and that's about all they do with their time.

it's definitely a generational thing with how close everyone is now thanks to social media so rather than keeping opinions with lack of research to yourself, people would rather be on stage and get praise positive or negative for speaking what their unintelligent thoughts. I mean people would say the most hateful things on twitter and get excited because people follow them afterwards.

Max should not do a video on Villager so I can keep beating people who don't know how to fight him.

Super-Smash-Bros-Villager-7.gif

Manbig

Shared this in the Tag 2 thread, but I'll share it here too for anyone that missed it...

On JDCR's stream earlier today, he shared some info about Tekken 7. One thing stuck out to me,

Devil Kazuya's EWGF hits mid, but is -10 on block with no pushback. Also, Kaz can only turn into Devil during rage, so this is actually a pretty big risk.

Assuming that the execution frames weren't changed, this does give him access to a 13~14f mid hitting launcher that is only jab punishable. It also gives him an easy mode high damage mix up out of crouch dash since the WS cancel will not be required for the launch.

Shito

Luffy is gonna end up so salty.
Btw, Ken Bogard was saying at the beginning of today's event that Luffy just won a hefty sum of money, a few hours before, betting on horses. ^^

Top Bottom