• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

kirblar

BsfS9RKCAAAWHpw.jpg

Man, he sent ALL the Feis home.

Infinite

I suppose it depends on the criteria. If we're just talking about general gaming icons, a ton of characters beat out Rayman. Throw in any given Final Fantasy character and you've beaten Rayman.

Meh. Weak compared to Mario. The gameplay is always swapping between two stages:
1) GOTTA GO FAST - but you can't tell what the hell is going on, and the game kind of autopilots.

2) GOTTA PAY ATTENTION - can't go fast, no real terrain for it; crappy platforming.

As a kid, sure, 1) was pretty fantastic as a new experience. No more.

But the only final fantasy character that matters to square is lightning ;)

I agree though but rayman works cause he's a mascot and he transcended his game. Only ff characters that did that was Cloud and he hasn't been featured on a Nintendo console.

I feel exactly the same way about sonic games. They're do brain dead to me and not challenging at all. I feel like mk just holding left.

I missed all of EVO today so the results are... somewhat surprising.

Good to see the lesser of three evils taking Marvel and for the record fuck Rose.

Anyone else really like watching Fuudo's defence at it's best? Like, it's straight impenetrable and he refuses to take steps back. Not sure what more Snake Eyez could have done tbh.

Infinite

I personally think that if people used Juri in that manner that Louffy used rose specifically against bonchan (probably with ultra W) she would be an ace tier threat. But what do I know I'm just a scrub

So I got top 8...at Divekick

Does that make me a top player?

Anyways, Evo was amazing, although tbh I spent most of my time at the P4U2 station. The highlight of my weekend was perfecting a guy in Marvel pools and not going 0-2 in BBCP. If anyone cares about my results:

P4 side: 0-2 (anhilated)
Skullgirls side: 2-2 (L-W-W-L)
Divekick side: top 8

BBCP: 2-2 (W-L-W-L)
UMVC3: 1-2 (L-W-L)

Dahbomb

I got Injustice on PS4 yesterday.

How do I deal with pressure in the game (without spending bar to push block of course)? I play Deathstroke and am also learning Aquaman.

Godlike evo

What y'all think we're overall top 5 matches of the weekend?

Louffy vs snake eyes
Champ vs Justin
Champ vs apologyman
Snake eyes vs xian
Blaz blue gf

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
FGC GAF is bigger than esports GAF.

To put things into perspective, EVO OT2 was made after Smash finals but still managed to surpass the DOTA2 tournament thread in views and posts that was made on 7/8. And that's not even factoring in OT1 which was near 20k posts and over 850k views.

Doesn't the Dota 2 tournament not really kickoff until this week?

Finals next weekend should be just as huge id imagine

pixelish

scumbag fgtv crew is at it again
RF ‏@rfrfrf555 10m
Neo said he would play the MM with me, so I told Neo ,lets do for $2,000, then Neo said thats not enogh.
RF ‏@rfrfrf555 8m
So JPN players collected money from everybody.
RF ‏@rfrfrf555 8m
And made up to $4,700 ,but Than now NEO said he was just trolllinng !! and said he will do for just $100 cuz he was drunk now!

smurfx

get some go again
Did that combo video from last night get released?
i felt sorry for the guy who made the vid. probably spent months working on it and then the stream dies and we miss most of it. roll call time evo gaf! can everybody that went to evo post their results?

mbpm1

i felt sorry for the guy who made the vid. probably spent months working on it and then the stream dies and we miss most of it. roll call time evo gaf! can everybody that went to evo post their results?

Maj is an old-school combo vid maker too, put together footage along with our very own jchensor in Evo 2006.

Top Bottom