• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

Popnbake

I think he's being way to reclusive. I doubt sitting in the arcade all day, grinding BP, is the way to go. He needs to attend tournaments in order to not get rusty in that type of setting

It could help but Infiltration who attended and won other tournaments (CEO, Dreamhack, Capcom E3) didn't make it to Top 8 either this year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Dave Zhou has put up his Evo gallery. He was the other official photographer alongside myself. Check it out at http://imgur.com/a/BPC1y

PRKJFXS.jpg

Wlbc41M.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this is the first year a female player has it into top 8.

Personally I don't like making a big deal out of something like that as it makes it seem like female players somehow normally shouldn't be able to get into the top 8. Who was it btw?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just dug up some information on fighting-game panels so people can know what to expect next week. Only 3 from what I can tell. SDCC's site is about 800% more usable this year, and thank god for that.

Thursday, July 24 • 4:45pm - 5:45pm
The World of Capcom
Moderator Francis Mao (Capcom) and a panel of Capcom staff members share the latest updates on all the hot, new Capcom games, including Ultra Street Fighter IV, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Dead Rising 3, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, plus sneak peeks at all the latest cool Capcom merchandise and maybe a surprise or two.

Friday, July 25 • 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Bandai Namco Games Fighting Panel
Katsuhiro Harada (director of the Tekken series, Bandai Namco Games Inc.) and a special guest discuss all things Tekken as well as Harada-san's newest title. In addition, producers from Rise of Incarnates, a game developed from the same DNA as the Tekken and Soulcaliber series, will be showing off this exciting new franchise from Bandai Namco Games. Moderated by Mark "Markman" Julio (Mad Catz).

Friday, July 25 • 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Street Fighter!
Moderator Francis Mao (Capcom) and a panel of Capcom's Street Fighter experts share the latest news on the greatest fighting game franchise in the world! Find out about the latest updates for Ultra Street Fighter IV and how you can earn big money and everlasting fame by competing in the Capcom Pro Tour culminating in the Capcup Finals in December. Panelist Joey Ansah (writer/director/actor of the smash hit Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist web series on Machinima.com) makes an exclusive appearance to share behind-the-scenes details of making the film as well as answer questions. Ultra-special guest Yoshinori Ono (Street Fighter franchise producer), returns to SDCC for his trademark special appearance and who knows what kind of hijinks are in store? Hadoken!

Ansah Kreygasm

Anne

I'm sad no one has mastered Juri yet because of her complexity plus no one really using her at all over the years to begin with... she's dumb now.

Having played her for a bit recently, she's not all that complex. Nothing about her is really all that hard, it's just you need really strong, consistent footsies to make her work. That's a thing very few people have ;_;

Having played her for a bit recently, she's not all that complex. Nothing about her is really all that hard, it's just you need really strong, consistent footsies to make her work. That's a thing very few people have ;_;

yea I'm playing her right now. She isn't that bad. Too bad the stand jab buff didn't really do anything since she still can't connect it consistently during combos on crouching characters

petghost

Banned
Real talk people are not maximizing on FSE. It's arguably the best ultra in the game too

people have been saying this for a long ass time. so much so that it makes me doubt that it really is as fantastic as people say it is. yossan is doing work and if he hasnt figured out how to use it right i dont know who will.

Can't wait for EVO to be broadcast on TLC.

Gooteck and Mike Ross on a confessional couch talking about each others T-Hawks. Then cut to them doing domestic stuff and realize that even though they are FGC-poor, they do stuff just like us.
My wife watches too many of those formatted shows.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Infinite

people have been saying this for a long ass time. so much so that it makes me doubt that it really is as fantastic as people say it is. yossan is doing work with it and if he hasnt figured out how to use it right i dont know who will.

People should be using it more like soul satellite IMO. Juri's counter moves gives her a similar tool to Rose's soul reflect in that it builds her ultra meter against characters who have to play the fire ball game. She should potentially have two a round in those MUs. People mostly save as for a comeback when I think you should be threatening them with it on your terms and forcing them into the corner where Juri excels. Now since she has W ultra she's able to have that tool and have the comeback factor with ultra 2 at the same time. Her fuzzy guard setup are more potent with that. She can also build meter for another ultra while in FSE.

Anyways this is just theory fighter.

I feel like you need that and the ability to walk or put dudes into the corner.

If Juri lands any BnB into HK pinwheel that gets them halfway there, but otherwise, it's all fireballs and normals. Juri is a very simple character but her zoning and anti-fireball games are unique.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Friday, July 25 • 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Bandai Namco Games Fighting Panel
Katsuhiro Harada (director of the Tekken series, Bandai Namco Games Inc.) and a special guest discuss all things Tekken as well as Harada-san's newest title. In addition, producers from Rise of Incarnates, a game developed from the same DNA as the Tekken and Soulcaliber series, will be showing off this exciting new franchise from Bandai Namco Games. Moderated by Mark "Markman" Julio (Mad Catz).

WHAT!? I'm hosting the panel?!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Someone told me at work that DOTA 2 will be broadcasted on ESPN3/ESPN 2.

I said wow....

Edit: NVM there's actually a GAF thread for it. Still pretty insane.

That is crazy. Dota 2 reached eSports level on national TV.

The Fray will be on tonight with Dacidbro, Yipes and Mike Ross at 7pm PST. Evo talk probably.

also

Tokido vs Snake Eyez

Damn DryEye, you made my night excellent. I am going to watch the stream and that match with Snake Eyez once I'm done for the night!

WHAT!? I'm hosting the panel?!

Clearly you're still in Vegas. Get out of there Mark, we need you doing the good work of the FightStick gods!

Top Bottom