• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 14-20 | Bracket Resets Full of Tears (of Joy?)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welcome to NeoGaf, get in line, you don't have an opinion, just post reaction gifs, & smile at the modetators.
More like, learn to support your opinions with more than insults.

And I'm pretty frequently critical of moderation here too (and the fact that being critical of moderation is frowned upon here.. which is even weirder).

Dai101

Banned
Anime still sucks.

Y1H89Lf.gif

fuck arcana heart nigga!!

Lesson learned: never post anything controversial, and never post anything disagreeable in a controversial thread.

I'm still in shock I haven't been banned. But then most of the stupid shit I say are either in here or in the off topic community where no mood goes.

Just stay away with from the big threads in gaming/off topic. Then you can say all type of stupid shit and get away with it!

Anime still sucks.

My dude!

Dahbomb

I feel like I am pretty open about my opinions it's just that you have to post with good manners and in the right thread/under right circumstances.

If I go into the TloU Remaster thread and say "TloU ass why is it getting a remaster" then I am most likely going to be banned. But if I say that same thing in a thread labelled "needless HD remasters" I would be fine.

Or I can say that TloU is ass but in a respectful manner. Something like "I am not a fan of TloU so I am not enthusiastic about a HD remaster". I would never get banned for saying this however people would still wonder why I am posting in a TloU thread.

Insulting users will always get you banned. Not just users but developers as well. There were a lot of bans handed out during Tameem DmC PR because of people insulting Tameem which was definitely getting out of
hand.

And always stay out of OT. Most of what I am saying only applies to Gaming side, enter at your own risk in the OT.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I am extremely happy with what Mad Catz pulled off at EVO 2014. Aside from the usual having deals/promos at great prices...

We used our stage area/stream (thanks Bifuteki!) to help highlight the following:

• New Games
  • Interactions with Developers/Publishers
  • Community Events

We showed off Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm, Super Comboman and Killer Instinct S2 Preview with TJ Combo and had them playable at our booth.

We had a special developer showcase for Killer Instinct S2, Guilty Gear Xrd, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm and Mortal Kombat X.

We had awesome exhibitions for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Guilty Gear Xrd, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 and more!

We worked with the community to showcase and stream (thanks again Bifuteki and nycfurby) SOULCALIBUR II HD side tournament top 8, SOULCALIBUR V side tournament top 8, Skullgirls side tournament top 4, Skullgirls new character tournament, Mortal Kombat 9 and Persona 4 Arena top 8.

All in all? I'm happy. We even had some new announcements and an awesome autograph session with our guys. I can't wait until next year! My only regret is not having enough time to stay awake/alive during it all. I had to leave for a bit at times and/or just take a nap. Also had a lot of business meetings that kept me from the action. Also, I am really sad we didn't get to do commentary (we need to leverage the schedule better next year).

Next year the Mad Catz booth at EVO!? I hope to include more including:

• Speedrunning
  • Produced FGC related shows/content
  • Live interviews with more developers/producers
  • Cosplay events?!
  • KARAOKE

Thank you again everyone for your support. Please check out all the archives via our twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/profile/pastBroadcasts

Thanks <3 and make sure you check us out at TOKYO GAME SHOW!

fader

We had a special developer showcase for Guilty Gear Xrd, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm and Mortal Kombat X.

We had awesome exhibitions for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Guilty Gear Xrd, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 and more!

I'm so happy you guys showed GGXrd. It looked amazing! Thanks for hosting that.

Silky

Banned
Lesson learned: never post anything controversial, and never post anything disagreeable in a controversial thread.

Nah. I just gotta stop shitposting. There's a difference between having a controversial opinion, and delivering it like an asshole. Say what you want, just don't be creepy or dickish about it.

Welcome to NeoGaf, get in line, you don't have an opinion, just post reaction gifs, & smile at the modetators.

Or. Don't shitpost. It really isn't that hard.

What did Silky say?

Shitposting in a polygon thread about Ben Kuchera I think. I stand what I said, but I could've used those comments in a different thread.

AnimeGaf is awful, especially MoeGaf

AnimeGAF has a bunch of unsavory individuals in it.

but that's none of my business tho

Like fuck, I like cute anime chicks as much as the next guy but I'm not really obsessive/defensive over it as some people that I could make a baseless generalization about. But I won't because it's a baseless generalization.

Those 'exact' people who are weird/creepy about that kind of shit are banned, no need to discuss it here.

--

Anyway, fighting games. When's Mahvel

you're fucking awesome.

m3nk111a

Banned
I am extremely happy with what Mad Catz pulled off at EVO 2014. Aside from the usual having deals/promos at great prices...

We used our stage area/stream (thanks Bifuteki!) to help highlight the following:

• New Games
  • Interactions with Developers/Publishers
  • Community Events

We showed off Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm, Super Comboman and had them playable at our booth.

We had a special developer showcase for Guilty Gear Xrd, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm and Mortal Kombat X.

We worked with the community to showcase and stream (thanks again Bifuteki and nycfurby) SOULCALIBUR II HD side tournament top 8, SOULCALIBUR V side tournament top 8, Skullgirls side tournament top 4, Skullgirls new character tournament, Mortal Kombat 9 and Persona 4 Arena top 8.

All in all? I'm happy. We even had some new announcements and an awesome autograph session with our guys. I can't wait until next year! My only regret is not having enough time to stay awake/alive during it all. I had to leave for a bit at times (never bringing a lady friend with me again; lol) and/or just take a nap. Also had a lot of business meetings that kept me from the action. Also, I am really sad we didn't get to do commentary (we need to leverage the schedule better next year).

Next year the Mad Catz booth at EVO!? I hope to include more including:

• Speedrunning
  • Produced FGC related shows/content
  • Live interviews with more developers/producers

Thank you again everyone for your support. Please check out all the archives via our twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/profile/pastBroadcasts

Thanks <3

Dont forget the cosplayers =D
And seriously, thanks for keeping alive this community!

Beats

Madcatz stream at EVO was excellent. It was nice to see good quality footage of Xrd. The top 8s were exciting to watch as well.

No, just give your post a minute or two of thought. I would have been banned like six times (versus the one) had I not given certain posts extra thought.

Also, if you have nothing nice to say about high profile members then you shouldn't say anything at all. It's not worth a ban.
I like watching anime but there are some crazies in anime GAF.
AnimeGAF is my favorite GAF. It has the second best personalities behind you guys and it seems like all types of anime get an equal share of the discussion. Even bad or controversial shows are often criticized in a more aloof and lighthearted manner. It's really fun and it was a breath of fresh air whenever people would start talking about OBS and Triforce too often around here.

It moves too fast, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Dont forget the cosplayers =D
And seriously, thanks for keeping alive this community!

We didn't have cosplayers this year nor did we do a cosplay segment! Good idea! There was so much cosplay at EVO! We'll do this at TGS though!

CPS2

I've never been banned. I think I've quoted stuff that would get me banned if I didn't make it clear it was a quote tho. Protip: if you're not sure just say something like "I read a study a while back about how women find it offensive when men in wigs take credit for being the first female in top 8 at evo."

jbug617

Banned
We didn't have cosplayers this year nor did we do a cosplay segment! Good idea! There was so much cosplay at EVO! We'll do this at TGS though!

Always wanted to know how long before you start to prep for your next event? I noticed that most of your events especially the exhibitions are usually the most current in the community so i would assume the exhibition part is usually towards the end of your planning.

I've never been banned. I think I've quoted stuff that would get me banned if I didn't make it clear it was a quote tho. Protip: if you're not sure just say something like "I read a study a while back about how women find it offensive when men in wigs take credit for being the first female in top 8 at evo."

I got banned in the Jaxel thread for asking why was it necessary.

m3nk111a

Banned

#CallKotaku
#CallSarkeesian
#ForTheLoveOfCthulhuCallSomeone

Silky

Banned
Tekken 7 reveal...ehh. It's expected really but it's nothing I'm gonna jump at immediately. Tag 2 was /so/ good, it's gonna be hard to top.

Glad Yagatarasu is still on track. Game looks great. UNiB however doesn't really click with me.

I forgot entirely that Boon revealed Raiden for MKX. I don't know if it's the character in general or the fact that I paid no attention to anything outside of main event shit whatsoever, but...fuck. That was pretty lukewarm.

Guilty Gear lookin' wonderful. Day one for sure, as well as P4AU.

EVO finals...BlazBlue finals were fucking intense. I hate the game but, the players sure know how to put on a show. Shame about KI finals and Rico constantly trying to counterpick CD. But CDJr despite his bullshit whining totally deserves that win.

I slept through Melee and Marvel. Heard Marn was sick ( :( ) and Wong is the champ again . Cool.

Ultra finals was interesting to watch too.

petghost

Banned
im pretty psyched for yatagarasu. what ever happened to the port nicalis was working on? i mean, it seemed like a pretty dumb idea to port an older version and give it a dumb name but i'ts strange that it disappeared so quickly.

Kumubou

Is UNIB gonna be on the Asia PSN stores? How much will it cost on JPN PSN and Asia PSN?
I don't know if it's going up on the Asian PSN store (French Bread did comment on doing an Asian release after the Japanese one, but who know what that entails), but JP titles are usually released on both on the same day. I do know the JP PSN price is 5800 yen, so I would expect the HK$ price to be a bit lower.

im pretty psyched for yatagarasu. what ever happened to the port nicalis was working on? i mean, it seemed like a pretty dumb idea to port an older version and give it a dumb name but i'ts strange that it disappeared so quickly.

There's been no official word on the Nicalis port for awhile. I would imagine that they're in contact with the devs, so I assume they are waiting for AoC to come out and they'll release the console versions after the steam version is out.

Anne

Remember when I said Omex and a couple other of the cool Persona people were going to make a big video and stuff before P4U2 came out? Yeah we realized today that we need to make this happen soon.

It'll probably just be a vid going over a bunch of system and basic stuff, then get into some of the concepts that are prevalent in the game (like the throw OS that is important but nobody ever does that I will complain about endlessly). If anything about P4U baffles you let me know and I'll talk about it some.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After everything that happened at da beech last year, didn't Capcom make a statement about them still wanting to help and having a commitment to the developing scene out there? Wonder why they're not involved this year.

Top Bottom