• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Tripon

Was this posted?

https://twitter.com/SuperDojo/status/614146177802588161

Super Arcade !!!
‏@SuperDojo
Received an email from City Hall today in reply to yesterdays event. Currently setting up a meeting to resolve the issues. Thank you again.

Super Arcade !!! ‏@SuperDojo 15m15 minutes ago
Appointment set for Tuesday at 8:00am. I will be there bright and early to continue with the process. More updates to come.
They also want him to pay $2500. Lmao

Crocodile

Ugh I'm just catching up on what happened with Super Arcade/Azula, CA. I'm hoping things go better the next time around but those people certainly seemed set in their ways and stereotypes :(

costumes can also be called skins, he's probably referring to that maybe?

Skins usually involve a pretty drastic character overhaul. Like those furry costumes in Street Fighter would be closer to skins as aopposed to a different colored karate outfit. Again I think its more a translation thing since English is likely that Youtuber's second language but it was still a bit awkward :p

notworksafe

Kickstarter for the fee
photo.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
Indeed i am. Mexican btw, but contrary to what that picture says i don't play or even like kof.
*writes down your name*
i'll bring this up at our next mexican meeting dai. did you not have SNK machines at local stores or laundry mats?

hitsugi

ugh, that means karin will be the rufus of sf5.

She'd have to actually be really good and accessible for that to happen.

....remember Karin in Alpha 3.. everyone says they want her to return but her player base was terrible back then.

I played Karin.

...and Akuma / Sakura / Guy

Kumubou

obese and boorish?
Man, I could actually see Ono doing that too -- it would be one of the deepest trolls since Bad Box Art Mega Man.

She'd have to actually be really good and accessible for that to happen.

....remember Karin in Alpha 3.. everyone says they want her to return but her player base was terrible back then.
To be fair, her CCs and setups in Alpha 3 were obscenely good -- and very difficult to actually do. Fun as all hell when you get it going, though.

If you want to see what an easy/accessible Karin would do, look at her in Capcom Fighting Evolution. Actually... don't.

hitsugi

Man, I could actually see Ono doing that too -- it would be one of the deepest trolls since Bad Box Art Mega Man.

To be fair, her CCs and setups in Alpha 3 were obscenely good -- and very difficult to actually do. Fun as all hell when you get it going, though.

If you want to see what an easy/accessible Karin would do, look at her in Capcom Fighting Evolution. Actually... don't.

Yeah, I'm not saying Karin was bad in Alpha 3 or anything.. just that she's a harder character to utilize effectively in A3 than Rufus is in SF4.

Dai101

Banned
*writes down your name*
i'll bring this up at our next mexican meeting dai. did you not have SNK machines at local stores or laundry mats?

Oh yes we had. In every street corner, every tiendita or farmacia had one, every bootleg arcade had shitloads of them and that's why i hate them so much.

If you wanted to play another thing that wasn't fucking kof you had to go out to more "nice" arcades, you wanted to play, i dunno, KI, SF3/ST, MK, MAHVEL, Jugglen, VF (kidding, no one played that ish) SC Vampire, etc you have to go to your nearest mall or more centric arcade which costed more, and also you had to add the expenses like food, drinks, transport, etc. Didn't botter me that much really since i had the money and later i got a job in El Centro de GDL so i had at least 2 hrs for lunch time and then a couple more after work to play.

Then arcades died and only survived those multigame arcades with hacked kof roms and got even worst.

"[Fighting games are] really shallow and unsatisfying in comparison to [Super Smash Bros.] melee. Like really shallow." - /v/, 2015

WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?? I want to kick him in the fucking spleen.

Horseress

I want Karin mostly because I want non SFIV characters! I'll already have 10 more years of Cammy let's put some new/old people at least

Is CEO going to have head to head setup for the main ring or side by side? Side by Side looks kind of lame in the ring compared to the head to head setup like Red Bull Kumite had.

Top Bottom